Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Are SGI Buddhists sane?
Posted by: londonbuddhist ()
Date: June 28, 2012 05:42AM

I joined SGI in 2010.

Yeah, there are a lot of SGI buddhists with emotional and mental health problems, however, there are also stable and happy folk in SGI.

Some SGI members have been through a lot and find organisation to be welcoming, myself included.

The amount of time that you spend chanting is down the the individual and there are benefits of being an SGI Buddhist. I know that it's helped me to really realise some things in my life and correct them.

Don't feel that there is any sinster about the practice, however, I don't really like the way that members are recruited. Being someone's best friend just to get them to join SGI is, in my opinion, pretty insincere.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are SGI Buddhists sane?
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: June 28, 2012 07:42AM

londonbuddhist
I joined SGI in 2010.

Yeah, there are a lot of SGI buddhists with emotional and mental health problems, however, there are also stable and happy folk in SGI.

Some SGI members have been through a lot and find organisation to be welcoming, myself included.

The amount of time that you spend chanting is down the the individual and there are benefits of being an SGI Buddhist. I know that it's helped me to really realise some things in my life and correct them.

Don't feel that there is any sinster about the practice, however, I don't really like the way that members are recruited. Being someone's best friend just to get them to join SGI is, in my opinion, pretty insincere.

I grew up in the cult and, by far, the vast majority, if not all, of the people that I knew (and still know) were/are a bit off-kilter.

You haven't been a member very long. Give it some time.

Your last paragraph makes me laugh though:

So, getting someone to join under false pretenses is merely insincere, but not sinister. Okey-dokey.

That pretty much summarizes sgi cult think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.