Hi, need help
Posted by: Justamom ()
Date: April 30, 2010 09:22AM

Hi,

I found this forum and was hoping someone could help me . . my husband and I got sucked into a cult several years ago. I saw the red flags early on and ignored them because I loved my husband and the cult wanted both spouses involved or no membership. Well, after we had our first child I feared for her and I got out, and I pretty much (with the help of his parents) demanded that he also get out. He was very bitter about it, was shunned by his former church friends and so on. But slowly our marriage got better and I thought this was behind us. Recently he has reconnected with his old church friends and is attending worship again at their house. Worse, he is bringing our two children.

I don't fear at all for the children's physical well being. The cult members are actually very kind, gentle people. Just mislead. The church demands time and money, tells people what to believe, and it all starts very slowly and innocently and before you know it you are sucked in. My husband is happy to see his friends again. He says they are staying very mainstream but I don't know. I certainly don't feel comfortable with the chlidren going. I told him I don't mind him taking them to a mainstream church, it might do them good. Religion can play an important role in many people's lives when it's healthy. I am so burned I have no interest in going to church any more.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to do. I feel like I really did well getting my husband out the first time. I read some books to help with getting my husband interested in things within the family rather than the church, he has finally pulled out of his depression a little bit, which took years. And now he's trying to go back.

Advice?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hi, need help
Posted by: dreanki2 ()
Date: May 09, 2010 04:53PM

i doi dont know much help i can be, but i was born into a cult. its a long story. on thing i know for sure, is that if you have a bad or uncomfortable feeling about your kids going then there is a reason for it. they (the cult) can be very nice at frist and look very kind from the outside. what matters, is what happens on the inside. be careful if they have the kids away from parents/have seprate lessons for the kids good luck, and remember to go with your gut/what you are feeling.

dreanki not dreanki2

Re: Hi, need help
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 09, 2010 10:01PM

dreanki2:

Why do you have two user names?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.