Hello I belonged to ICOC
Posted by: freebie ()
Date: October 24, 2009 05:08AM

I used to belong to the International Church of Christ. They dropped my membership because I didn't attend all the meetings but tried to get me to come back by making me feel guilty about this. Needless to say I never went back. Are there other people who are ex members Of ICOC out there!

Re: Hello I belonged to ICOC
Posted by: kclady36 ()
Date: February 15, 2010 08:03AM

I am an ex member of the kansas city church of christ ans strange enough i can not find anything on the internet about my local ex-church or any support out there. anyone out there ex- members of the kansas city chapter of ICOC can feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to

Re: Hello I belonged to ICOC
Posted by: wc ()
Date: February 16, 2010 06:28AM

Hi freebie and kclady! Congratulations on leaving! I was in the ICOC church many years ago in the early 90's. I posted my story here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Kip McKean the former leader of the ICOC has started another church with principles similar to the ICOC in LA after the various congregations of the ICOC had a falling out with Kip. I don't know how much of the former teachings the congregations that split from Kip McKean's ICOC have kept, but I would imagine that they have retained a lot or some of the cultish aspects of the original ICOC. I could be wrong though. Although freebie, it sounds like you experienced a mild form of what I went through when you decided to leave the church.

For what it's worth.
Kip's new church is called - "International Christian Churches".
[www.freedomofmind.com]

I would strongly suggest that any one who is getting involved in this church leave quickly as to minimize possible damage from Kip's deranged concept of Christianity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.