Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Personal Stories needed for Documentary Series
Date: September 11, 2009 06:03AM

Hello,
I’m doing research for a documentary series based around cults and their practices for a USA network and I’d like to make contact with individuals and families who have escaped life in a cult.

This series will be an opportunity for people to tell their personal stories of life inside and outside of the cult, discuss the effects the cult has had them and their families and raise awareness of cult activity in the USA.

The show will be similar in format and style to another series we produce called I Survived...
[www.biography.com]

If you are willing to discuss your story, please respond to this thread and I will contact you directly via the private message service on this forum.
Also, if you have any questions about the series please don’t hesitate to ask.

For more about the company I work for, visit our website
[www.nhnz.tv]

I hope to hear back from you soon, thank you very much for your time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Personal Stories needed for Documentary Series
Posted by: raven585 ()
Date: November 04, 2009 09:20PM

Hi...
I wrote a book detailing cult members who left and know many from many cults.
I would like to help your show.
Please email me

Posted by: ClarkCultVictim ()
Date: November 10, 2009 10:39AM

I, my 6 year old son, and former wife are victims of a religious cult. I have written a book, soon to be release by Tate Publishing Company. You can visit my website to learn more about my story. I'd love to talk with you about my experience. I have a message board under Letter to the Leader of the Alamance County Cult, or something like that. [...]

[Moderator note: Posting contact information is against the rules of this board. There is a private messaging system]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2009 09:56PM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: dsm ()
Date: December 13, 2009 08:41AM

I looked at the site, and it appears to be mainly life and death stories. Cult survival is not always that dramatic, so how are you approaching this subject?

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: December 13, 2009 09:29AM

dsm
I looked at the site, and it appears to be mainly life and death stories. Cult survival is not always that dramatic, so how are you approaching this subject?

dsm, I don't think the documentarians are actively following any of the threads they posted. They MUST be legit since Rick Ross has not deleted them or warned any of us.

I think you bring up some good points. Do they only want "earth-shattering" stories? Perhaps you could ask them through their website and let the rest of the RR-Community know. Good luck!

Posted by: seesthetruth ()
Date: December 16, 2009 10:16AM

We'd be happy to talk to you about our experience. Not sure I want to leave our email on this thread but if you respond we can get in contact.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 16, 2009 10:20PM

seesthetruth:

Posting contact information is against the rules of this message board.

There is a private messaging system.

Posted by: ClarkCultVictim ()
Date: December 17, 2009 04:42AM

I haven't gotten any response from the Documentary Production Co. And I sent a personal message to them. I believe that they are looking for something very sensational. The big story, though, involves the pain and suffering of many unsensational personal life experiences. I would love to see them confront the man who destroyed my life, all in the name of God, and whose followers still see no wrong in what he did or are too afraid to speak out. NBC Universal was working on a program about how cults affect family members, but that program got put on the backburner, unfortunately.

Posted by: privateperson ()
Date: December 19, 2009 01:03AM

Really, what happened to you and me is certainly not as interesting at who Tiger Woods is sleeping with, or the Ocotmom.

Do not lt it "ruin your life", you are still alive, and thier is still hope for you to reclaim your future. I make my own life, to hell with those who hurt me in the past, don't you think they have taken enough from you already?

Posted by: kclady36 ()
Date: February 15, 2010 07:58AM

I do not know if your still looking for stories but i am a formal member of the international church of christ here in kansas city. I never recovered from it. i would laso like to know if there are any support groups for people here in kansas city or a website where i can post my stotry

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.