Kabbalah former members
Posted by: noredstring ()
Date: November 19, 2004 10:00AM

Television program seeks former Kabbalah Center members. It is our understanding that some people may fear for their safety after they leave the Kabbalah Center. That's all the more reason that the center needs to be exposed, and for that same reason, it is NOT required that your name be given. If interested in sharing your story with others, please email your experience to noredstring@yahoo.com.

Options: ReplyQuote
Kabbalah former members
Posted by: SarahL ()
Date: November 20, 2004 12:57AM

What is the name of the television program?

Kabbalah former members
Posted by: noredstring ()
Date: November 20, 2004 05:45AM

The name of the program will only be given to serious inquiries in response to their story. Please email if you have an experience you would like to share. Thanks!

Kabbalah former members
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 20, 2004 06:05AM

For that reason anyone considering appearing on your program needs to be assured that every possible measure will be taken to safeguard their confidentiality.

(quote)

Berg's Use of "Libel Chill"

Berg has literally millions of dollars at his disposal. The net assets of his New York branch in 1990, according to IRS-returns, are close to 10 million dollars. Using the principle of "libel chill," he scares detractors who will speak out openly against him with expensive libel and slander suits. That is why rabbinic condemnations of him and his centre are usually couched in very careful and often veiled wordings.

One rabbi was not that careful: Canadian rabbi Emanuel Schochet, a rabbinic scholar and authority on Jewish mysticism well-known throughout the world, author and editor of numerous primary texts, dared to speak out against Berg and the Kabbalah Centre in a lecture delivered in 1993 in South Africa. On his return to Canada, Berg hired one of Canada's top-paid lawyers in libel to sue Rabbi Schochet for $4.5 million dollars for "libel and slander."

[culteducation.com]

Kabbalah former members
Posted by: sarahsplight ()
Date: July 07, 2005 12:01AM

hi, I am Sarah. Someone very close to me has joined Kabbalah Center of New York. Please let me know if you know of ex-members of this organization. They have ruined my life. Please help!

Kabbalah former members
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 07, 2005 12:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.