ATTN: Families Affected by Cults
Posted by: Documentarian ()
Date: July 23, 2009 06:10AM

If you have a loved one in a cult I'd like to speak with you.

I work for a reputable production company and am currently researching for a potential documentary series. This series of specials intends to explore cult-like groups and their members through the families that have been cut off or left behind. I am happy to answer any questions you might have and tell you more about our project.

There's no obligation to participate any further - this is just an initial informational conversation. We intend for our program to be a series of documentary specials - it is not "reality TV." This will be a very thoughtful, human look at this issue and what it does to the family members who are cut off or left wondering.

We hope that our project will bring attention to a very real problem. The general public sees cults sensationalized in the media but doesn't see the daily affects they have on a range of people. I'd like to hear how this has changed your life, how you deal with the unanswered questions, and what efforts you have made to contact or find your loved one.

Please respond to the posting or send a private message if you have any questions or if you are interested in speaking with me. Thank you for your time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ATTN: Families Affected by Cults
Posted by: ClarkCultVictim ()
Date: July 26, 2009 11:15PM

Yes! Finally, someone that may want to hear my story. I've written a book about how my life was turned upside down. My marriage was destroyed, I no longer have custody of my 6-year old son, and I was financially ruined. All in the name of God by a self-proclaimed prophet. If you'd like to see the website I'm working on to promote my book, which is at Tate Publishing now.

If you'd like to call me, please write first. Also, my writings about what I've gone through are posted on the Rick Ross message boards under "Letter to the leader of the Alamance County Cult, NC". Hope to hear from you soon.

Mark H.

[Moderator Note: Don't post contact information, which is against the rules. You may post a website link if you wish per format]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 11:20PM by rrmoderator.

Date: July 26, 2009 11:24PM

[www.geocities.com]

Hope this is the accepted format. Mark H.

Date: July 28, 2009 08:48PM

Is Documentarian for real? Moderator, can you answer my question. If he/she is for real, then I desperately need to talk to this person. Thanks for your help.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 28, 2009 09:17PM

ClarkCultVictim:

Yes.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 28, 2009 10:51PM

If you want to contact someone use the private messaging system.

Posted by: gold ()
Date: July 29, 2009 02:54AM

Hi, Documentarian I was born into a small cult in the midwest and I left it leaving my family behind..they practically hate me and and I havent talked to them in ages since I refused to marry a boy from the cult...I am now on the other side of the world and having a great life with supporting friend but up to this day I will always start crying if I think or someone accidently mentions my mother or siblings...i practically raised my baby sister and now she hates me and beleives so many horible lies about me...anyway I think i wouldnt mind speaking to you or giving you info.

Posted by: BYZANTIUM2 ()
Date: August 31, 2009 06:48PM

I'm not sure how to validate who you are . Our family has been devastated by a cult called Ishayas Ascension, Bright Path. This has culminated in the 'suicide' of a family member. We are interested in the truth-whatever that may be and without shadow speak obfuscating the details.We will pursue this relentlessly but if you are truly interested in investigation then we would talk to you.

Posted by: yammycake ()
Date: September 16, 2009 03:00PM

Have you ever heard such a story that a man with a PhD didn't care his parents for more than ten years? He neither made a single call nor wrote a single letter to his parents. Even when his mother underwent mammary cancer surgery and OHE, he didn't make a call of comfort, let alone bear the medical treatment expenses for his parents.
This is the most scandalous behavior of PhD Zhu Xueye who managed to avoid helping his mother. However, PhD Zhu was not born different and impolite. He was ever a good son and a good brother. What on earth made a knowledgeable son and brother loss the virtues of man? All this is because of Falun Gong.
Mother becomes a stranger while master Li Hongzhi the dearest

Posted by: Katie ()
Date: February 09, 2010 08:20AM

I was in the Self Realization Fellowship for many years. I couldn't see how damaging it was until I had children. I saw how my children were treated and the attitudes toward children with in the cult. Suddenly I could see how bad it was for me and my family. I had seen lots of divorce and dysfunction while in SRF but I somehow manged to believe that it was just the fault of the individuals involved not the group. The group was supposed to be "perfect". It was NOT in a BIG way.

Katie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.