Subud
Posted by: Lincoln ()
Date: July 07, 2009 07:58AM

Hi folks, I was in Subud for ten years and have been out of it for 13 years now. I know all about it and its effects on people. Anyone wanting to know more just ask me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Subud
Posted by: Jupiter ()
Date: July 15, 2009 03:52AM

Hi Lincoln,

I would be most interested in hearing about what life has been like since you left. 13 years is a long time. What sorts of things have helped you? How did you get over the thought-pollution that Subud lies inevitably leave behind?

Re: Subud
Posted by: Lincoln ()
Date: July 25, 2009 10:49PM

Hi Jupiter,
Just recently saw your post and question. Well I would say the main thing that has helped me to overcome all of my brain pollution from Subud ( funny that , we weren't supposed to be thinking were we?) has been getting to know what the bible says about it all.
I became a christian after leaving Subud and once I realised what the bible plainly taught I was able to see through all Pak Subuhs lies and distortions of the scriptures. Basing my life on the bible has been completely liberating for me and produced the fruit in my life I looked for in vain in Subud. The bible tells us plainly to test the spirits and their message. If it doesn't acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord it is not of God, simple, end of story.
Through coming to Jesus Christ as my Saviour my heart has been filled with a love divine beyond my own and I continue to grow in wisdom and grace in Him. The bible tells of false prophets in the last days particularly and of their false fruits. Theres no real love in Subud or joy or any of the fruits of the Holy Spirit. The spirit of the latihan is not the Holy Spirit received upon conversion to Christ but another spirit which basically says all ways lead to God when Jesus plainly said 'I am the way the truth and the life" So Pak Subuh has deliberately deceived people into thinking they can keep on with their christianity while its completely against the main teachings of the Christian faith. In fact he actively evangelised Christians into converting to the Muslim faith. ..more later.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.