Current Page: 6 of 8
Born or Raised in a Cult
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: August 15, 2005 11:56PM

amwrites:

Your sentiment is appreciated. However, for many cult kids.. 'holding' is NOT what is needed. Many were held just a little too much & inappropriately, quite frankly. They/We need to learn appropriate boundaries & trust. Had loads of unconditional 'love' already from well intentioned misdirected folks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Born or Raised in a Cult
Posted by: amwrites ()
Date: August 16, 2005 06:48AM

I know. I meant hugging them. That's all. I feel that they need love.

Born or Raised in a Cult
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: September 19, 2005 09:00PM

A foundation to help youth and young adults who are exiting high demand groups. The group assists with emotional and psychological transition, as well as assists in gaining necessary life survival skills:

[www.safepassagefoundation.org]

And an individual success story:

[www.culteducation.com]

Born or Raised in a Cult
Posted by: amwrites ()
Date: September 20, 2005 11:03PM

Thank you for those links.

Born or Raised in a Cult
Posted by: key-key-key ()
Date: September 24, 2005 07:36AM

Hi everybody i'm trying to have as many informations about LGAT as i can.
I'm doing a research about them, and i was wondering if any of you would be willing to be in touch with me.
please let me know by getting in touch with me through PM.
thanks

Born or Raised in a Cult
Posted by: Stooge ()
Date: September 29, 2005 05:20PM

Hello key-key-key

What do you want to know? I was hoping to find out more about the 'Landmark for Business' enterprise, but sources are surprisingly few and far between. Maybe that's because the companies themselves who are involved are so secretive anyway. I think that if Landmark is boasting corporate names like Lockheed-Martin, Microsoft and Exxon (Halliburton soon, maybe?), that tells us a lot about the true priorities under their sickening new age facade.

(This is the only way I can reply to your message until I have 10+ posts, sorry!)

Born or Raised in a Cult
Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: September 08, 2006 03:08PM

Was also raised in a new religious movement.( Tried to post earlier but think I messed it up). Gave me time to think though, and am wondering if healing is when being raised in a NRM is no longer an important part of how I define myself.
Won't say it has all been easy, and one of the hardest parts has been dealing with the fact that people sensationalized the truth about our childhood.It was a small group but about 20 years ago the media did some articles about the supposed horrors of our childhood.They took some facts , made some stuff up, and ended up with a titilating expose that gave the impression that us kids were all damaged beyond repair. :roll: Would have been nice to have a more accurate account of our childhood out there..
Dealing with that, and the ethical issues it raised ( who do you defend here) was and is much harder than coming to terms with the fact that I really don't like any type of organized religion, though do very much respect that some people get a lot of comfort form religion in one form or another.

Born or Raised in a Cult
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 08, 2006 08:19PM

Yasmin:

What was the name of the group you were raised in?

Born or Raised in a Cult
Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: September 09, 2006 05:32AM

Was trying to avoid mentioning that.Have family whom I care for both in and out of the group, and since its a small group, am pretty sure that once I name it the delightful anonymity of the internet would disappear pretty fast.

Also, it is kind of nice to be able to talk about how one really feels without offending anyone/and or holding oneself liable to legal action, and kind of hoped that even without being able to identify the group in question, other people may have had broadly similar experiences in their own groups, and be able to relate..And on a personal level have tried to keep my life out of the way of most of the group stuff, though the fact that I am posting here at all shows I still have some issues with that one :) !

Can also understand that from your point of view anonymous postings about anonymous groups must get irritating.
Have wondered about offering to email you the name privately and ask you to keep it off the forum to show that I am not making it up, but am not sure if that is even a) an appropriate suggestion, or if B) i even have the courage to do that.
Anyway, thank you for having a forum where people can post what they think.With respect, Yasmin

Born or Raised in a Cult
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 09, 2006 09:14AM

OK.

But it is hard to understand and place your comments in context without the name of the group.

Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.