I think I'm in a cult - HELP!!
Posted by: sanebiker ()
Date: September 17, 2007 08:29AM

I came from a disfunctional home and upon refection I believe I was looking for a father figure and a stable family structure that I could be part of when I joined. Unfortunately, due to being naive and immature, I put my faith in the dealership, who saw themselves as above the rest when it came to motorcycles. I think this had something to do with the inventory he wielded. I was told often that the Moco knew me better than I knew myself and once was accused of riding a jap bike, which I felt was the same as submitting to the Moco since they had so much power. I was not allowed to develop as a rider, having my own thoughts and opinions. Instead I was molded into the Moco's view of what a Biker aught to be. I was indoctrinated into a system of beliefs and told that my biker family were the only true bikers. I was warned about the jap bikes and their wicked ways and to cling to the Moco. This prevented my leaving and made my exit impossible since I knew of no other way of thinking but that of the Moco. I don't think I am alone in falling into this trap. I find lots of people who believe whatever because that is what they are told. Asserting and thinking for myself helps build my character which I take much pleasure in. It's so much easier to give in to peer pressure and be a robot or a talking parrot repeating everything the Moco taught me. It's also scary, in the sense that, I'm responsable for steering my own Bike instead of letting the Moco do it for me.

Willie G. Davidson has me trapped!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: September 18, 2007 12:11AM

Sanebiker:
so I suppose the question is are you an independent or do you ride with a club?
Rather like religious groups, whole lot of different experiences in the biker world. Rich Urban Bikers, 1%....And the dynamics of some clubs, in my opinion can be similar to some groups..

Though some of your posts have been funny , I'm pretty sure you are here just to troll.( 30+ in one day! Wow!)( the bike is down?)
Ride safe.

Date: September 18, 2007 03:58AM

yasmin
Sanebiker:
so I suppose the question is are you an independent or do you ride with a club?
Rather like religious groups, whole lot of different experiences in the biker world. Rich Urban Bikers, 1%....And the dynamics of some clubs, in my opinion can be similar to some groups..

Though some of your posts have been funny , I'm pretty sure you are here just to troll.( 30+ in one day! Wow!)( the bike is down?)
Ride safe.

In for the 5k service. I'm a mcub - a middle class urban biker (no record, ride with a full face, black leather jacket and ride occasional wiht other HOG members and golodwingers. Yeah - just trolling.

Posted by: Fishbulb ()
Date: September 19, 2007 11:11AM

Well, having been in the biker world myself, I do know that there is a certain manner and dress expected of bikers. If you don't adhere to them, and if you don't ride a Harley, then you ain't a "real biker".

Maybe this is different with the influx of "mcub"s and with groups like HOG. There seems to be more leeway regarding persona.

Date: September 19, 2007 03:59PM

Well it was either the '07 FLHTC or the less expensive fully blown Goldwing. I'd post a pic, but that would disqualify me as a "biker" seeing that I'm computer literate. I don't wear all black leather and I don't have a vest. I hate riding in packs and don't consider 50 miles on the super slab as a long distance ride. Hmmm...maybe I'm not a biker at all after all. Still, not posting a pic of me and my 2 bikes as this site is mostly a bunch of wackos, but I am on the Internet and my pic is on here - ya just gotta know how to look.

Nope, I'm not a biker - I'm a motorcycle enthusiast and a Willie G. disciple

Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: September 20, 2007 12:25AM

I saw the old commercial that said, "You meet the nicest people on a Harley." We discussed this in my Marketing Management class when I was going for my Master's degree in business.

Date: September 20, 2007 01:10AM

richardmgreen
I saw the old commercial that said, "You meet the nicest people on a Harley." We discussed this in my Marketing Management class when I was going for my Master's degree in business.

I appreciate the compliment from an MBA. I trust you realized my posts were all tongue-in-cheek. :lol:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.