Thanks,
'shad'

Anytime, anytime.

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark infected my sister
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: August 28, 2007 12:37PM

anyone!!,

I still can't get my quotes to work properly, like getting the little white box. any suggestions?
'shad'

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: August 29, 2007 07:03AM

The Shadow
anyone!!,

I still can't get my quotes to work properly, like getting the little white box. any suggestions?
'shad'

Just keep trying is my guess, lately it has been off and on for me.

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: September 07, 2007 01:01PM

On Monday I thought I had made some progress, only to have it all fall down around me on Tuesday. I spent most of Wednesday crying, because once again, I was devasted by my friend's "coldness" and lack of understanding how her words and actions are affecting me.

shadow,
when my friend became what you are describing in your friend now, it was like witnessing a living death of someone I love. It was indescribably heartbreaking, frustrating, and enraging all at the same time. There was nothing I could say or do to make her come back to reality and her old adequate self. I came to realize that my grief was just more ammunition for her to use against me in a way to punish me for not accepting her cult (landmark). She was very cold, aloof, and judgemental toward me and did not give a damn about the friendship we had before selling herself to landmark. On one hand you fight for what you still want to have with the friend you never expected to lose to a cult, while on the other hand you fight against the absurdity of such a blatantly obvious scam being run on someone you've always known to be an intelligent person. It is hard to know that something as despicable and cheap as landmark education can and will invade your life, without your consent or invitation, but you still have to accept that your friend has made a really bad choice and you may not see her as she used to be for a very long time, if ever again. I understand your anger, confusion, and hurt but I also understand how potent is the brainwashing utilized by landmark in all of its courses, and your friend might have to go on long ride with the cult before she ever snaps back into reality and into your life again. My friend remains very distant, non-communicative, and unaffected by the loss of our friendship. In fact, she has never once acknowledged that anything has changed between us at all. I mean nothing to her to day, but she still means alot to me and it rests entirely on me to carry the torch, so to speak, and continue to hope and pray that she will have an awakening one day. I can't say if you have the same road to walk but I will say that for your own sake, be prepared for life without your friend like she used to be. Landmark plays for keeps, they won't let her go until they've sucked the last ounce of life and $$$ value out of her. Love, hope, joy, laughter, reality, and relationship doesn't mean the same thing to your friend today as it did before landmark rewired her brain.
I feel for you, I support you and I hope that you have other friends to walk you through this horrible time.

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 07, 2007 02:35PM

ON2LF wrote:

"I came to realize that my grief was just more ammunition for her..."

yep, I was talking to an old friend of mine, a really clever man, and he told me that when I talk to her I have to remain calm and rational, that as soon as I start to cry she will see that as weakness, ...and that the Landmark people will have programmed her, telling her that there is something seriously wrong with me if I am unhappy....that notion had not even occured to me, but it totally made sense, as it happend time and time again, the more upset I got, the colder she got....wow...so knowing that I have actually started to make some progress, with her, but I am taking it day by day, knowing that any minute she could turn on me.

But I found something really interesting, written by a Michael Langone, Ph.D."Cults: Questions and Answers." -
what "helpers" should do...he lists 12 points, things to do that may do a lot to help when trying to help someone through the deprogramming process...
if you can't find the link let me know and I will find it again.

thanks for your supportive words,.
'shad'

Posted by: pooks ()
Date: September 07, 2007 11:51PM

Hi all, I'm coming in a bit late on all of this and still trying to get the hang of how this site works! I have sent a couple of contributors a private message as I thought it more appropriate. I will just paste below a short resume of my experience;

My fiance attended Landmark Forum in the UK back in Aug 2004. I am afraid that she and I join the long list of people who have had our lives torn apart by this evil organisation. I was warned about Landmark just prior to my fiance’s participation and had time to carry out my own investigations. When I read some of the awful experiences it was as if someone were commentating on my life. It was uncanny that through reading what had happened to others I could literally predict what would happen in my own relationship. It will come as no surprise that my experience and that of my partner reads like so many others. What was a very happy and loving relationship was undermined by Landmark and the person that I knew changed before my eyes. She was alienated from me, her father and mother and friends. She quit her job and emailed all our friends stating she was ‘changing her peer group’. Three years later she is not such a zealot but to those of us who knew her before her involvement with Landmark she is not the same person.

All I wanted to do was add my support and I must say the post I have quoted below says it all;

when my friend became what you are describing in your friend now, it was like witnessing a living death of someone I love. It was indescribably heartbreaking, frustrating, and enraging all at the same time. There was nothing I could say or do to make her come back to reality and her old adequate self. I came to realize that my grief was just more ammunition for her to use against me in a way to punish me for not accepting her cult (landmark). She was very cold, aloof, and judgemental toward me and did not give a damn about the friendship we had before selling herself to landmark. On one hand you fight for what you still want to have with the friend you never expected to lose to a cult, while on the other hand you fight against the absurdity of such a blatantly obvious scam being run on someone you've always known to be an intelligent person. It is hard to know that something as despicable and cheap as landmark education can and will invade your life, without your consent or invitation, but you still have to accept that your friend has made a really bad choice and you may not see her as she used to be for a very long time, if ever again. I understand your anger, confusion, and hurt but I also understand how potent is the brainwashing utilized by landmark in all of its courses, and your friend might have to go on long ride with the cult before she ever snaps back into reality and into your life again. My friend remains very distant, non-communicative, and unaffected by the loss of our friendship. In fact, she has never once acknowledged that anything has changed between us at all. I mean nothing to her to day, but she still means alot to me and it rests entirely on me to carry the torch, so to speak, and continue to hope and pray that she will have an awakening one day. I can't say if you have the same road to walk but I will say that for your own sake, be prepared for life without your friend like she used to be. Landmark plays for keeps, they won't let her go until they've sucked the last ounce of life and $$$ value out of her. Love, hope, joy, laughter, reality, and relationship doesn't mean the same thing to your friend today as it did before landmark rewired her brain.
I feel for you, I support you and I hope that you have other friends to walk you through this horrible time.

That is pretty much how I and the numerous people I have met/spoken to who have had the misfortune to be tainted by Landmark feel. On the one hand one is powerless to do anything and on the other it is hard to believe how people can be taken in by such a bunch of manipulative low-lifes that Landmark are. My advice to anyone is to spread the word as far and wide as possible. All these self serving groups from Tony Robbins to the Scientologists should be exposed for what they are.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.