Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: I lost my fiancee to Landmark Education Corporation, LLC.
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: June 05, 2009 06:22AM

She's now with the Hunger Project, and one of her sole heroes is Werner Erhard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lincoln ()
Date: July 29, 2009 07:54PM

I've got children and their partners in this Landmark cult and they just speak 'Landmarkese' all the time. They always seem to be in a hurry getting to the next meeting and working hard to pay for it. Some good things have come out of it.
One thing that really gets me is 'the phone call' that comes at the end of every first or second course. Its a 'sorry' phone call. It involves saying sorry for every bad thing they've ever done to you or thought about you. So it's a lifetime of stuff piled up. Personally I think that it would be pretty hard to remember every offence hence the jumbled rush that ensues with the 'sorry' phone call.
It's not that I don't appreciate these calls but they don't REALLY address issues you have with them anyway. For a start you don't get a chance to respond properly as they have this spiel they seem to just reel off with great emotion. If someone is going to apologize to me I like to know what they are exactly talking about and how it impacts me. It appears though the issues apologized for are only important in as far as it impacts them.
One of the reasons for some recent family relocations interstate was to escape the 'Landmark Education' influences on our other children. This is sad as we love our family unity but are concerned the younger more vulnerable members might possibly be drawn into it through their ( Landmarkites) determined sustained efforts to recruit family members.
I've tried to alert them to Landmarks dangers through emailing articles and websites to them but they just ignore it. Hopefully as this recession bites deeper they won't be able to afford these ridiculously priced 'courses' anymore and we will witness its slow demise in their lives. You can't live on hype forever.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: July 30, 2009 08:08AM

Hi Lincoln,

The next time you get a 'sorry' call, would you be able to ask them why they continue to do these bad things to you? That would be interesting.

John

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: September 27, 2009 05:26AM

Vic-Luc, is there any change in your fiance's status with Landmark? Hope all is well or at least better for you.

Date: October 09, 2009 09:39AM

Sparky-

No. From all accounts she's more into it. Her LinkedIn page was nauseating. Haven't heard a peep since we split.

Date: September 29, 2010 06:02AM

I guess the Landmark/Hunger Project thing didn't work out! (loud cheers)

Posted by: damaged ()
Date: January 31, 2013 09:37AM

I know that this is an old post but the title tag seemed most appropriate

A Story That Lasted Years

"I lost my fiancee to Landmark Education Corporation, LLC"

My fiancee accepted my proposal because we love each other

I then was informed that I should really really do this great 'personal development course'..
Me being who I am checked it out....hmmm not really for me ....seems like these folks are just out to enrol more people...
arguments commenced

we broke up

we got back together...'please don't try to enroll me for Landmark Education' I love you for who you are..ok

all good
old landmark friends pay $$$$ for my future wife to do a new course in 'communication'

we split up ' you must do the forum@

yada yada

we got back together

anyway I thought we had made it and was finally making arrangements for a wedding when old landmark graduates turned up for a weekend...now the wedding is off unless I do the forum...

the wedding is most certainly off

I feel that I have lost the person I love with all my heart to a thought system so manipulative and insidious that even an aware intelligent person has no idea how their mind is being f***ed

Thank you to everybody on this board who is in recovery
you have no idea how much you have done to help

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: January 31, 2013 11:04AM

Hi Damaged,

If you can, stay in regular contact with her even though you aren't going to get married. If you want to you can be there for her when she finally falls properly on her back side, but also to provide a tangible link to her "before Landmark" self by which she can start to recover to.

For what it is worth, good on you for not succumbing to pressure over attending Landmark courses. That ability to make a decision to do what is right - and to stand firm in the face of opposition - is a character trait that deserves to be honoured. Well done.

Here's to the day when she can no longer get her regular dose-up of this large group hypnosis, and the spell comes undone.

John

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 02, 2013 12:20AM

(Glum)

You are not alone. Many years ago, a new member named 'Adrienne' posted. She was about to get married -- and one or more of her bridesmaids got involved with Landmark.

You are hurting and this is cold comfort. If you'd married, Landmark would've been the third partner in your marriage.

And if you'd had had children....

If later, she says she has left Landmark and wants to get back together, please insist on exit counseling. The stuff that Landmark puts into people can so easily be re-triggered because lots of Landmark spin offs exist, and its easy to run into people who speak the jargon.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: damaged ()
Date: February 03, 2013 09:21AM

Thank you for your feedback

this stuff just seems to go on and on

It has really been a great help reading things here...but so soul destroying
It just doesn't seem right that an organisation can use techniques to change somebodies personality without their informed consent
and then to see how pervasive this change can be

I read a lot and watched a lot of lars's material here... I understand that he was killed in a car crash last year

I just want to say thank you

Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.