Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Forgive my ignorance
Posted by: destinyawaits ()
Date: September 14, 2007 01:22AM

I do not have the authority to remove posts, and yes, what you write upsets me because it makes excuses for the bad things Landmark/EST and other LGATs are doing. Openess to others ideas IS NOT ALWAYS a good thing, that is why we learn to discriminate, make educated judgement calls. People who are brainwashed ARE NOT FREE, sorry destiny, but it seems to me you are still in denial. The end does not justify the means. A person who has had a labotomy performed on them no longer has the capacity to make certain decisions. When someone has hypnotised you you are no longer free....thought reform as practised by Landmark/EST and other LGATs is a form of mental labotomy...fortunately it is reversable. I hope that you are able to become a free thinker once again.

How do I make excuses for Landmark etc.? Unless you are born into a cult you enter it freely. This seems to be what upsets you. Pernicious as Landmark is I don't think they snatch people from the streets. So why do people agree to become Landmark volunteers? The initial course is 3 days and involves at least 100 people. At the end you could walk away. If you choose to attend the follow-up "recruit the family" shit that is your choice.

Landmark does not perform a labotomy. It taps into a level of human dysfunctionality - if you fit into this category you are likely to be attracted by the follow up sessions, course, "opportunity" to be a volunteer. But it's your choice. It's manipulative but there's no compulsion.

The most liberating thing is to know that you and you alone made the choice to join this cult and you and you alone made the choice to leave.

You have control over your own life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Forgive my ignorance
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 14, 2007 01:50AM

destinyawaits,

just stop...I am not going to engage in futile mental jousting with you...you can have the last word if you like...I am not accepting your justifications and promotion of Landmark/EST, and any other LGAT.

'shad'

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.