Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: Subud
Posted by: nigel ()
Date: November 20, 2018 06:36PM

Jean -My parents attended Bennetts Coombe Spring centre throughout the50's. And quite often us(6) children would go with them . After my father died on the 4th July 1957 we ,the 6 Ross children and my mother ,went to live at Coombe Springs. My mother had suddenly been elevated to top woman(subud super-helper). We lived there for 18months.So I have my personal memories and connections with people from that era as well as the finding from my research.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 20, 2018 10:05PM

This will force unbiased persons to re-assess the characters of both Bapak and of Bennett.

There was also a physician, Francis Roles, who had been involved with the Ouspensky group after Ouspensky died.

Was Dr. Roles at Coombe Springs or already estranged from Bennett?

Did Dr. Roles disapprove of Bapak and of the latihan?

If Roles was estranged from Coombe Springs and, potentially an interested and hostile observer who did not approve of Bapak and the latihan practice, might this have played some role in Bennett and Bapak not getting competant medical attention for Nigel's father and not doing so immediately?

Date: November 22, 2018 05:35PM

I never heard of a Dr Roles at Coombe . The Dr who was eventually called in after my father died was Bernard Courtney-Mayers.He looked after Bennetts sick wife. He was a Gurdjieff man and left Coombe right after the death -as a result of the death. He went on to become chairman of the Britsh Gurdjieff Society.

Date: November 23, 2018 05:23AM

Just checked out J Collins-Smith book "Call No Man Master again.
She writes a bit about my fathers death but she gets it completely wrong. She got her version from Bennett or some-one she met at Coombe who fed her a false info.
She write he was mentally and physically ill before doing the Latihan -which was just not true. He was healthy in body and mind. Also she writes there was a scandal in the national press about the death. Again this is not correct there was only a few small reports on the inquest in the local papers. I did speak to Joyce about this and she said it was what she had been told. She came to Coombe a couple of years after JR died. She was observant re Ibu and Bapak but she didn't pick up on Bennetts womanising behaviour.

Posted by: lisanneissweet ()
Date: August 03, 2019 10:10PM

Subud is a dangerous cult. Get out while you can before its hypnotic spell drags you down to mindless deep dark nothingness.

Posted by: lisanneissweet ()
Date: May 20, 2022 12:10AM

Great answer, thanks Jupiter! So glad to have left 5hose horribly confusing day ZZZ of Subud mind think behind. BORN TO BE FREE IN CHRIST! HALLELUJAH!

Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.