Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: July 27, 2019 08:44AM

Thanx Reep. This is my only forum. Good luck and godspeed and all that stuff to those on the front lines.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: July 27, 2019 10:23PM

Thank you, Ohman? Glad to know you are still here. :)

Date: July 28, 2019 12:19AM

I saw this quote and it spoke to me because in many ways we have been institutionalized people. :(

"When untangling from abusive churches there are lots of questions to work through and to investigate. It can be a lonely journey due to the defensiveness of institutionalized people."

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 28, 2019 12:37AM

Have you ever heard of Nouthetic Counseling? It is counseling based only on the Bible. While that is not exactly the same as the counseling "offered" by TLWF pastors and others, I have come to believe that both are unhelpful and counterproductive. In my opinion, people seeking answers to problems should see a professional, licensed therapist. Church counselors have to speak the party line, whatever that may be, rather than help you as an individual. Food for thought.

[gbfsvchurchabuse.org]

Posted by: dirtybrushes ()
Date: July 28, 2019 02:37AM

That recorded message just about caused an "upward flow" of my lunch in my esophagus! All the lingo could have been pasted up from random splicings of tapes from the '70s. The whole discourse on "taking the beach head" was classic "you know who." So ridiculous! So sad and pitiful! What a waste of time.

Date: July 28, 2019 04:35AM

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens new
Posted by: dirtybrushes ()
Date: July 27, 2019 12:37PM

That recorded message just about caused an "upward flow" of my lunch in my esophagus! All the lingo could have been pasted up from random splicings of tapes from the '70s. The whole discourse on "taking the beach head" was classic "you know who." So ridiculous! So sad and pitiful! What a waste of time.

LOL, dirtybrushes. "Taking the beach head." Now if he had mentioned "the great Nephilim Wars" and the Shiloh sieges, I really would have thought that they had all been transported back to the seventies.

You're right, sad. :(

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: July 28, 2019 04:47AM

One of the artful (effective) techniques of the TLWF cult was the way they could mold our thinking so that we were isolated from "outside" people, including our families and lifelong friends. It is one of the worst conditionings that was imbedded in our thinking. You had to speak the right lingo. Like the right people. Denounce people you were told were "off" or bad.

This is something done by the government and politics repeatedly in our history. In my "ponderings" I look for this in myself. I've declared war on all aspects of negative conditioning within myself - kind of like that search for leaven spoken of in the Bible. It takes vigilance.

If we carefully consider our conclusions about individual people, groups or religions, we can be clear when we have a negative opinion, or when we really dislike someone for a reason. I have been studying the Holocaust by bullets. A Priest by the name of Father Patrick Desbois has written two books on the subject. I'm reading his second one: In Broad Daylight - The Secret Procedures Behind the Holocaust by Bullets.

Father Desbois' writing is descriptive, lyrical and highly readable - which is strange to say about such a horrible topic, but it's true. He analyzes the involvement of local people and shows the difference between those who were Anti-Semitic themselves, those who considered their neighbors their friends no matter their religion, and those who blindly went along with heinous acts of murder, robbery, rape. The cult of hatred which every cult manifests to a certain degree is really horrifying.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: July 29, 2019 03:48AM

So I've been told...

Apparently, Gary Hargrave and D. Bruce Larson are busily enjoying life, talking on the phone daily or multiple times daily. Always intriguing to think what they may be planning. They performed a marriage ceremony not long ago along with a rabbi at the animal park connected to San Diego zoo. Bruce is trying to keep his circle of influence alive in the small group that meets weekly at the Perrys' home. Apparently the group is made up of die hard people dedicated to helping Gary with his next steps.

They are still actively taking over the Center in Jerusalem. Several churches are still functioning with a small group of diehards and one would have to assume Gary is nurturing those relationships -- probably coming up with a new doctrine of the people who have closed off the truth being the "true remnant." Another way to lure people into following him so they can feel special and buy into his deception.

Things may be a little quiet here and there but we are FAR from done.

Posted by: dbc ()
Date: July 29, 2019 01:14PM

Hi! Anyone know what's going on in San Diego? I've heard some rumors about JM and a connection with Alaska ...

Date: July 29, 2019 08:38PM

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens new
Posted by: dbc ()
Date: July 28, 2019 11:14PM

Hi! Anyone know what's going on in San Diego? I've heard some rumors about JM and a connection with Alaska ...

dbc, you can listen for yourself here: [player.fm]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.