Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kbyrne ()
Date: January 03, 2019 08:09AM

Prettyboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> F sharp (loved that guy, what a character and the
> one who christened me with Pretty boy)
>

OMG -- remember the names/people well.

F Sharp and his wheat grass!

Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: January 03, 2019 09:11AM

good evening,

when I decided to enter this conversation I had 2 major concerns:
1) that I would get sucked up in the conversation, spending too much time in reading and posting and needlessly obsessing about responses.
2)the possibility that I might attract the ire of the extant power structure of LW by what I chose to post and, consequently, make my life a bit more miserable.

on those 2 points, certainly I've control. for the former, I need simply to restrict my time, say on a daily basis, to some arbitrary time limit (for instance an hour daily). for the latter, it's a bit more dicey. I entertain no illusion that the current LW power structure is bereft of vast resources, financial and other, to pursue a campaign of deception, intimidation and threats to quash a rational and objective assessment of the issues this forum has presented.

I will post more in a short while. until then, I wish to thank those who welcomed me to this forum. regarding posts/queries recently directed specifically to me in will respond in my next post.
respectfully, prettyboy

Posted by: Road to Damascus ()
Date: January 03, 2019 11:00AM

Interesting bit of news. a piece MFC land is listed for sale. The congregants have not been told. I wonder where the money from it will go? Any guesses

Date: January 03, 2019 11:09AM

to queries addressed to me.

from my arrival to iowa in early june, 1972 until I left in December, 1972 to live in a brothers' house in Sepulveda,ca I mostly worked on enos' farm. I am sure I worked some on Shiloh but given I cannot recall how much it was likely minimal. upon my return to iowa in early spring, 1973 most of my work was at Shiloh. given that I had little carpentry skills, i was essentially a laborer - carrying boards, hammering nails into 1 x 10's, etc. sometime during that summer I secured employment at an iron works factory (crane?) and later at the calendar factory in Washington where bob Nicola was an executive. upon a seasonal layoff, I returned to Sepulveda and lived in the same brothers' house until early spring, 1974 whereupon I returned to iowa to resume my employment at the calendar factory. my participation at Shiloh construction was at that time minimal.

a humorous note - when I returned to iowa after skipping out those first 2 winters, which for a southern boy raised in the gulf coast of texas were brutal, bob Nicola from the pulpit in the lw church in Washington, ia announced to the congregation that spring had officially arrived b/c pretty boy was back in town. so should I apologize for having fond memories of my time in the walk? and i'll tell y'all why. for one, had it not been for my crossing paths with the LW it is highly unlikey I ever would have found my way to iowa and eventually to iowa city (where I have lived for over36 years). I love this state and I especially love this town, sometimes characterized as "the mecca of the Midwest" secondly, prior to my involvement with the LW I did not read the bible extensively although a young (as in years) professing Christian. after becoming a LW participant that all changed - I devoured scripture, old T and new T, and virtually cherished my American standard bible (not the new American standard, yuck, which many of the LW congregants preferred which I esteemed lacked the poetic nuance of its predecessor). yes I too devoured each new "this week" as well. if memory serves me well and I am so sure it does, I recall, whether at Shiloh, the Washington church or the sepulveda church scores of folks, young and old, 30 minutes before the service was to begin, reading their bibles, all of them. and at that time and even now, even now, even now (the repetition is with intent), because I have long since being a Christian or even a deist, that, to me, was a true measure of discipleship, a complete adoration of what one regarded as sacred texts.

I intend to post more this evening but I need to take a break. my next posts will address bitterness and anger (which I cannot deny are warranted) and the post by LW of sincere intent to investigate the issues raised (which I have to assume would not ever have occurred absent the brave and candid testimony of several individuals and the subsequent embraces of those who gathered about them.
respectfully and affectionately, wishing all many happy trails,
prettyboy

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 03, 2019 11:15AM

PRETTYboy:

Thanks for getting back with me/us. My wife wants to know if you remember John Sayer, Paul Young, or Steve Corbett from back in the day? She believes they might have been out there at the same time.

pibHg:

Press in -- duly noted. (Thanks for the definition--I hate having to come up with them myself. Too much pressure.)

To Whom It May Concern:

I know I announced that I would publish an updated version of the lexicon by Dec 31, but my 'cup runneth over'. I have been updating things on my own copy since Dec 24, but it needs some editing before I republish. Until then, keep those cards and letters coming.

Date: January 03, 2019 12:22PM

read the lines and between the lines. the so called "investigation" is no less than subterfuge, a stall tactic and a ruse.

what would you do were you in hargraves' position? if intuition serves you well, you are right. this guy is cutting and running, grabbing all what $ he can, hiding it in some caymen island account or something similar and escaping to some s. American country without extradition while pretending to have a thorough investigation being conducted. he has no intention of fair and objective analysis. I refuse to compare him to a weasel or rat because I choose not to denigrate those 2 animals. hargrave is a predatory, completely self-interested and way more than despicable human. because he is the consummate coward he will do all he can, and I mean all he can, to avoid the justice he so well deserves.

who authored the recent apology and promise to investigate? if hargrave, why? I thought he had relinquished control and had endeavored to pursue other areas of livelihood . the sand is running through the hourglass, hargraves certainly knows, do y'all; and if so, what are you going to do about it?

I posit, the so called investigation is a ruse, clear and simple. those of you who vastly are more invested in this than I, because of your suffering which surpasses mine, what now - what are you going to do? I know what I am going to but cannot divulge it on this site b/c hargraves is no doubt watching/listening/reading (hi gary, you piece of shit excuse for a human being). gather up your sword shields, loved ones, the battle ensues and your battle is not so much for you but for those who remain entwined for the decades of bullshit and their liberation is paramount but supremely difficult.

were I on facebook, I could and would say more but I am not. to every time a season, and I posit the season is for swords, not plow shears. hargrave would rip out you soul for a dollar. amazingly, given that I left the walk over 40 years ago and never met hargrave, I so despise him; ah, crap I must be a nephi.

Date: January 03, 2019 12:39PM

to kboy. steve and Barbara Corbett were dear friends to me and I miss their company. given that I am not on facebook and if they are, I have no contact with them. I last saw them I the spring of 2004 and it has been a long time since we last spoke. if you have any contact with them will you please tell them hello and extend my affections to them.

john sayer - sad to say I brought him into the walk and I understand he is now and has been one of the power players in the LW hierarchy . do you know anything about brent finney?

Posted by: lone.wolf ()
Date: January 03, 2019 01:23PM

Prettyboy:

Welcome! A couple comments/questions for you and others if they know.

You mentioned Anthony Cox and his wife - was her name Melinda? I watched his documentary and the woman looks like Melinda Erickson, who married Todd Erickson. They lived at Shiloh when I was younger and then moved to the East Coast I believe. If I remember correctly they had a printing company.

Interesting to hear the other names you mentioned! Some I know personally, and others I have just heard about from my parents. I likely never knew you, but maybe my parents did. Iowa City is a great town! I can see why you like it so.

Lastly, you summed up exactly the reason why I still care so much about how this all turns out: "Your battle is not so much for you but for those who remain entwined for the decades of bullshit and their liberation is paramount but supremely difficult."

I want my family back! And I refuse to stop fighting for them.

Date: January 03, 2019 02:48PM

hi lone wolf,

I have stayed up a bit longer than usual waiting to see were there any posts responding to my last one. I actually never "knew" Anthony cox other than being phil Holman. I believe you are correct that his wife went by first name of Melinda. if memory serves me correctly (and it may not 100%) she was from a somewhat wealthy and/or influential Houston family and may have been in an intimate relationship with F sharp until meeting Anthony cox. that, if true may somewhat explain the tensions we saw among those 3 at enos' farm in the summer of '72. add to that that phil and Melinda were hiding from the fbi after taking ruthie (really kyoko) from john lennon and yoko ono prior to a court's decision with whom the child should be with. I figure they figured they would lose the custody battle so went underground and ended up at enos' farm per, supposedly at jrs' direct. a few years later, at a church service at grace chapel (I was not an attendee, heard 2nd hand) jrs abruptly singled out phil as a neph. sort of put the shits on phil's marriage with Melinda and she moved on to different/better things. doesn't this ever sound like a soap opera? sometime later, 1976/1977? phil/Anthony visited me at my residence north of kalona. I do not recall much of the visit but the nephilim crap and the illuminati tactic to get folks to invest in that mine in Nevada to free funds for the kingdom I just never bought - but I was duped in other ways but not so much to lose my autonomy completely.

to pivet, what are you rightfully angered and embittered folks going to do about hargrave? do you honestly believe he's going to do you right? if so, you haven't learned shit - you just stew in your bitterness, anger and self-pity with some salt and pepper and a touch of garlic added and keep each other company with your shared pissiness. as I began my first post "wow"

Date: January 03, 2019 03:35PM

Prettyboy -

Did you walk by Art’s Barbershop on your way to the beach?

This is Kboy’s wife - Marci from Del Mar/Encinitas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.