Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 24, 2018 07:55PM

WALK TALK Lexicon

(Updated 12.24.18. Add, subtract, or edit at will)

Amphitheater = Facility at Shiloh where the annual July 4th (sometimes on the 3rd) fireworks show took place
APCO = Apostolic Company
Authority = Ministries claim to exercise the authority of Christ. Congregants must submit to their authority
Babylon = Any church or business not associated with TLWF
Biblical Numerology = Understanding the design of God's Word through the meaning of Biblical numbers
Binding = Restraining/confining/capturing whatever is perceived as Satanic
Bless = Extend hands towards someone in prayer
Bless-In = A gathering, generally in a circle (left hand over/right hand under) increasing individual blessing by virtue of the collective
Blessing Ball = Build up 'anointing' and sending the 'ball' to another
Blow Out = Someone who left TLW
Body = Body of Christ (used almost exclusively referring to TLWF members)
Body-wide = including all of the the TLWF churches and members
Boomerang principle = Applies to both 'good' and 'evil' -- whatever is sent out returns to sender
Break your spirit = seek God until individual will is broken
Breaking Bonds = Severing soulish connections with others
Breakthrough = An imaginary new spiritual level where nothing outwardly changes but you still convince yourself to feel good about it
Bucket full of holes = someone who needs the same counseling and pep talks over and over again and never changes
Buffaloing a women = Grooming with ulterior motives
Build up your aura = Place your hands with open palm, palm toward your aura (about 8 - 12 inches away from your head) and stretch it out further so your aura grows and expands (invisibly of course).
Build wall of protection = Walk around your car, your house, your bed and hold your palms open toward the item you are surrounding and speak that you are building a wall of protection
Christmas Truck = Annual Xmas truck and parade extravaganza that marched through the streets of certain San Fernando Valley neighborhoods
Combat Communications = Frequent updates on the current flow of the 'word' (late '70s-early 80's)
Coming at you = spiritual leaning you're getting on a matter being considered
COMM Central = Midwest communications center (late '70s-early 80's)
COMM West = LA communications center (late '70s-early 80's)
Cross current = Going against the 'flow'
Cross dodger = Rebellious unsubmissive spirit
Dealings = Discipline by God for a rebellious/independent spirit
Designated Relationships = Assigned shepherding
Disciplined Spirit = Human will controls the human spirit. Set your will in submission and place your hands on your head and command your spirit to be in submission, to break a bond, to do what it's told.
Door Opener Apostle = JRS
DR = designated relationship
Drinking from other fountains = Reading material or attending churches other than TLWF
Elijah/Elisha relationship = a training/shepherding relationship, one-sided with the Elijah being completely in charge of the Elisha
Feasts = Purim/Passover/Pentecost/Tabernacles and other Jewish observances
First Fruits Apostle = JRS
Flow = The direction TLW is going
Fred & Ethel = Manuals developed for monitoring each church's corporate (Fred) and accounting (Ethel) activities for the fiscal year
Free agent = Not under TLW authority
Free Apostle and a dead Jezebel = Prayer for Martha (John’s wife) to die so he could marry Marilyn
G&M = Gary & Marilyn Hargrave
Gary = Gary Hargrave
Get a check = Lack of confirmation
Getting a revelation = didn't understanding something
Getting hit = Dysfunctional on many levels
Given = Used to describe anyone who is completely brainwashed
Going through it = struggling to come to grips with a testing in the spirit
Gourd = Rebellious/poisonous spirit
Intercession = Prayer, petitioning, requesting, demanding, reminding God of His promises, often done in group settings
Jezebel spirit = Female undermining spirit
JRS = John Robert Stevens
Kingdom Businesses = Financial efforts that funnel $$$ into the 'upward flow'
Kingdom facility = Main TLW locations (Shiloh, Monte Zion, LA, Honolulu, Maui, San Diego, etc.)
Korah spirit = Anytime you questioned anyone in "authority"
Lamp of Israel = Marilyn Hargrave (Tramp of Israel)
Lay on of hands = pray for someone by putting hands on their head usually only done by elders or other ministries
Little people = Anyone in TLWF not in a leadership role
Living Word = as spoken by a human vessel
Loosing = Freeing whatever is perceived as Godly
Losing your covering = Not being 'protected' by authority
Marilyn = Marilyn Hargrave
Marriage Check Out = Submitting relationship for approval--equally yoked
Menehune = A dwarf people in Hawaiian mythology who live in the deep forests and hidden valleys of the Hawaiian Islands, far from the eyes of normal humans. Apparently identified in the islands to JRS the 'channels, 'vortices', of 'spiritual highways' that were part of a matrix around the world, something akin to Haleakala Crater on Maui, Mt. Shasta in CA, etc.
Ministry = A pastor (shepherd), elder, deacon or other set-in ministry (almost exclusively male)
Mixed multitude = Sheep & goats together
Nephilim Spirit = Satanic minion, crappy attitude
New day = nothing to see here. Move along
New level = An imaginary utopia where doing the same thing, the same way, finally produces something of value
Not controlling your spirit = Keeping yourself in submission
Off The Wall = Satirical underground news-rag printed weekly during the heyday of Shiloh (1978-79)
Old level = Doing the same thing, the same way, and getting the same result - nothing
Old Order = Fundamental Christianity--not TLWF
Oneness = Obeying the leadership of TLWF. Other Christians are not part of the oneness
Opening your spirit = New Age technique to make you more vulnerable to brainwashing
Own thing = not submitting/being rebellious to authority
Probe = Invasive interrogation of the JRS era
Prophetic Proclamation / Prophecy = Speaking on behalf of God into existence
Position thinking = Falsely imagining you matter as much to God as your leader does
Pyramidology = Measurements of specific features corresponding to Biblical timelines foretelling the future and confirming Biblical authenticity
Raise the level = Usually it was said when silliness or raunchy talk began
Rebellious Spirit = describing the "spirit" of a congregant not submissive to the authorities. Closely linked to witchcraft and Satan.
Religious Spirit = Where doctrine trumps relationship
Restricted tape = Meat for the mature--usually of a controversial nature (heresy?)
Resurrection Life = New immortal body
School of Prophets = Annual week-long conference held at Shiloh around the 4th of July
Seeing in the spirit = Spacing out and looking down on everyone else. A valuable technique in helping you recognize your world dominance
Send it back = Usually applies to 'duck & cover' warfare
Sent to your room = Put on restriction for being rebellious
Set In = to designate a person to an office, usually by prayer and laying on of hands
Set Out = to put someone outside of TLWF (ex-communicate)
Shepherd = One who does exactly what G&M tells them to do, no matter how destructive it is to other people in their church
Shepherd’s Library = Tapes where TLWF leadership reveal why they had to lie about what they were really up to, e.g. our real goal is to get everyone connected and obedient to Marilyn – something we can’t really put on the sign out front. Until people are properly brainwashed, we can’t risk the possibility of them recognizing we are up to no good.
Siege = Winter of 1977-78 at Shiloh when most of the foundational work was done on the main buildings, along with violent intercession
Signs = places on the head and neck and face - emotions (back of neck), cheek bone (sign of Jael), temples (psychic assault), nausea - lust, itching nose - confusion caused by rebellion or witchcraft, crown of head for lordship, top of head where your spirit opens up like an elevator to God, judgment in the thumbs
Smoke screen = Deflecting attention away from something else
SOP = School of Prophets; annual week-long conference held at Shiloh around the 4th of July
Speaking Something Into Existence = Prophecy, prophetic utterance (wishful thinking)
Spiritual leech = Profiting off of the effort of another
Spooking = someone who gets really involved in spirit, psychic, occult realm and sees something lingering in the spirit by everything and everyone
Sleeping prophecies = A series of messages that apparently came while JRS was in some sleeping/waking transition state
Submission = a doctrine whereby members of the church must ask permission in minute detail for anything they wish to do (including, but not limited to, dating, marriage, employment, residence, schooling, areas of interest, etc.
Subnouncing = Announcing something already decided upon without submitting it first
TLWF = The Living Word Fellowship
This Week = Weekly printed 'Word' pamphlets from the JRS era
Through dealing = Died, ugh!
Tracking = Following the flow of the Word
Two-edged sword = Word of God cuts both ways
Unequal yoke = A couple with dissimilar degrees of commitment to TLW
Upward Flow = Directing focus of activities toward Apostolic level, preparing meals, cleaning house, and mowing the grass of your leader’s home while pretending they are God
Victory Siege = The heyday of Shiloh (summer of 1979--400+ people living in building) storming Heaven attempting to give God a black eye
Violent Intercession = Intense storming of Heaven telling God what to do
Wait on the Lord = contemplative zoning out, definition nebulous
Walk = Our 'walk with God' (Christ in the flesh)
Warfare = "I think I'm getting a cold."
Wiped Out = Unable to function
Word = TLW Apostolic take on the Bible
Worship/Singing in the Spirit = Singing to the Lord in spontaneous words or tongues; hands are often raised

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 24, 2018 11:20PM

Fantastic.
You might want to consider adding 'zero with the rim rubbed out.'
The idea put forth by John that you could be so broken and humble that you cease to exist...unless there is a work to be done, or an offering is being taken :)

p.s. Merry Christmas (tomorrow)!

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 24, 2018 11:22PM

"Coffee Table of Israel"

I heard this once, and still have no idea what it means, if anything.
Disregard.

Date: December 24, 2018 11:27PM

CHANGED:

'Zero...'--most EXCELLENT.

Someone will have to supply a definition for 'coffee table'. Never went to Israel.

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 24, 2018 11:43PM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CHANGED:
>
>
> 'Zero...'--most EXCELLENT.
>
> Someone will have to supply a definition for
> 'coffee table'. Never went to Israel.

This is kind of scary how long it's getting, and how vital understanding those words are in truly understanding "TLWF Experience." (Now if that's not the world's worst theme park idea, I don't know what is!)

As for the furniture reference - I don't know about the coffee table of Israel, but I do vividly remember the whole fellowship raising funds for some big birthday that G was having. All he wanted was this expensive, ornate coffee table with sea turtle carvings in it. I don't remember the exact amount, but it was in the thousands (if not tens of thousands) of dollars. I scanned the pics of the house G is selling in Hawaii, but I couldn't find it there. I just wanted to see what my offerings had gone to buy. Guess I kinda did with the house itself, though...

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: December 25, 2018 01:09AM

Someone can add “Black Holes” to the lexicon. I believe this was was a reference to collapsing to nothingness before god or something like that. This was one of many things that I saw JRS pick up from the current news of the time that I realized he really knew nothing whatsoever about. Maybe someone remembers this?

Posted by: lone.wolf ()
Date: December 25, 2018 01:37AM

JJJ:

We took an offering for that coffee table at Shiloh. I remember it vividly and I think everyone was shown a picture either before or after the purchase. When the "Coffee Table of Israel" was mentioned, my very first thought was of this coffee table that Marilyn wanted to give Gary. Is it too late to ask for my money back? =)

Date: December 25, 2018 04:22AM

JJJ:

The theme-park idea is hilarious. Would the theme be Fantasy or Horror?

JEWEL:

Black holes it is, but were you inferring a spiritual connotation apart from the astronomical?

I forgot all about THAT coffee table--Gary's 'surprise' birthday gift. I'm sure we all got thank-you cards after paying for it.

(Mine must have gotten lost in the mail.)

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 25, 2018 04:47AM

Just meandering through the cult lexicon and I wonder if we could point out where some of the words seem to cross each other out. Like bucket with holes and zero with the rim rubbed out.

Devastation and Cross Experience are two similar terms that allowed the leadership to look on someone who had been hurt/damaged/abused and just congratulate them on going through devastation without ever taking responsibility for causing harm to individuals.

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: December 25, 2018 05:49AM

Kboy, that list is coming along very well! Here is another one if anyone remembers it:

Sandpaper ministry--The reason you aren't allowed to complain about your annoying roommate.

Next question--what is, or what was, Impact?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2018 05:59AM by LampShmamp.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.