> playing .... “FOLLOW THE MONEY!” A forensic audit
> should be contracted before Gary or any other
> board of director makes any changes.... in fact
> that responsibility should be given to an
> independent group.
>
> Follow the money and the walls of deception will
> begin to crumble!

How about contacting the IRS? I know a few who are and I will too. I am just going to ask them to find out how my pastor got so filty rich.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Date: November 02, 2018 01:13PM

Hey, so this is KBOY's wife, Marci Wellens, and we live in San Diego. We lived and were married in Shiloh, then lived in LA and Wash DC, and then back to San Diego - oh and Dave came into the church at Haiku, Maui.

Sorry, dear, I guess you're out.

First, let me say that I find it completely offensive that Gary's apology was generic enough that he easily swept aside any blame for not responding to Shalom's letters and/or cries for help. That is unacceptable.

With all due respect to Shalom and others abused by Rick, IMO, it doesn't really matter if the apologies that have come from Gary, the Sayers, or the Cabrals are real or not. Those of us that know the BS and the heart ache of all that has happened have already walked away. It may put a smile on our faces when those involved are prosecuted, but I don't have, nor do I want, a say in what happens to the churches - except that the people get free. Although I have no desire to be a part of organized religion, I do deeply love many of the people still entangled there.

I'm telling you about us (me and Dave), because its our way of getting healed. For now, part pf our commitment to getting down the field involves staying engaged with the conversations on the FB forum. We hope to support those that are wondering which way to go by telling our stories of the grievous hurts, and the subtle ones, that just wear at your day to day worth. Not because we want to gripe, but so people can see that this is the way it has operated, and it is the same for everyone. We all carry many of the same hurts because of the abuse. We were a beat down people. In posting, my goal is to provide a view that allows them to see the shit that has happened, but also allows them to see they they can come out from under it. And if they are looking, there are many people willing to help.

I'm guessing there are others posting on FB that may have found the same, but I have had two different people contact me and say that after reading some of my stories of what I went through, they could identify. And its not me, its all of us. These people (and probably us) are hurting and are looking for a way to heal up from all this shit. They are looking for ways to leave it all and walk away. With long talks, and some tears, we simply affirm our love, and offer to be a friend. When needed, we and others provided links to the moderator's list of how to identify a cult. Our stories and these other tools help provide them with clear cut reasons for making their decision.

Until there are other venues of working through this, I want to find ways to nudge people out of their compliance and obedience to this abuse. That is why I will post here, and that is why I will continue posting on FB. That's the only plan I have right now, but I'm counting on it until the next move is clear.

I know that what we have witnessed on the forum is a first, and that our door to it was Shalom's open letter to the fellowship. It is important to recognize the sacrifice that she made. By her own admission, she recognizes that every person posting is helping all of us gain ground in getting healed, and getting things exposed.

I'm really not trying to sound all Disney or syrupy, but even though I am not interested in going to church, I'm still OK with being my brothers keeper. I mean, come on, its what we do, right?

Posted by: Anon30000ft ()
Date: November 02, 2018 01:28PM

I give you information I’ll you have to do is ask. X

Posted by: Blowout ()
Date: November 02, 2018 01:38PM

Anon30000ft,

How much information do you have?
Do you know of self-dealing from trust accounts, pilfering, offshoring, embezzlement or other illegal mismanagement of assets?

Date: November 02, 2018 02:08PM

Please people of every generation Demand to follow the Money. Everyones life is not just a story. it was hopes and dreams that were taken away. Instead of proper educations it was spend time serving whoever, wherever however. How many generations where brainwashed into thinking"college not necessary " life experience is better.Good luck supporting a family on that. Sexual abuse; educational abuse;the "grooming." It is the same. YOU HAVE BEEN RAPED.Denied your free will.
The co operation should be held accountable.You were under 18; it was against your will. You probably forgot that you really had free will.
Please;reach out to lawyers waiting to hear your truths

Simply walking away from church buildings leaves properties to sale and the monies all to Hargraves family fund. Is that what 3 generations gave their lives to ? Hopefully not

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: November 02, 2018 03:37PM

denisewallerlaughlin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please people of every generation Demand to follow
> the Money. Everyones life is not just a story.
> it was hopes and dreams that were taken away.
> Instead of proper educations it was spend time
> serving whoever, wherever however. How many
> generations where brainwashed into
> thinking"college not necessary " life experience
> is better.Good luck supporting a family on that.
> Sexual abuse; educational abuse;the "grooming." It
> is the same. YOU HAVE BEEN RAPED.Denied your free
> will.
> The co operation should be held accountable.You
> were under 18; it was against your will. You
> probably forgot that you really had free will.
> Please;reach out to lawyers waiting to hear your
> truths
>
> Simply walking away from church buildings leaves
> properties to sale and the monies all to Hargraves
> family fund. Is that what 3 generations gave their
> lives to ? Hopefully not

Yes, Denise is exactly right. It will all go to HFM. Lawyers, Law Enforcement, Child protective services, IRS.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 02, 2018 06:59PM

BLOWOUT:

I believe your treatise (to Jason Sayer, et al) has great merit, and touches on points that are very subliminal and often discounted--the idolatry and hero-worship of leadership.

Once you have constructed a hierarchy, that dynamic immediately comes into play, be it religion, politics or employment. In the TLW culture, it was on steroids. This charade was only able to continue for so long because of the defensive measures that were applied to sustain it, ones that were so brutal we are only now getting a glimpse of the damage.

Having spent no time with Jason Sayer in PL, I cannot speak to his 'shepherding skills', but what you point out has great validity; his block-chain connection through the TLW hierarchy going all the way back to JRS; promotion by cronyism and not necessarily by qualification.

As I stated earlier, because of these dynamics, NO current member of leadership at any TLW facility should be a part of any 'transition', unless that is the wish of the independent congregants. Other than that, everybody should get the boot for now.

Date: November 02, 2018 07:28PM

(WOW. I feel like a journalist trying to cover all the events developing in some war-torn part of the world.)

Having closely reread GH's apology letter, there is much to be encouraged about. (I can see some heads wagging . . .)

1) "The engagement of an independent organization . . . to pursue an investigation . . . "(which may lead to criminal indictments, and a thorough financial audit).

2) " . . . churches have been encouraged to reach out . . ." (breaking the isolation and allowing for the 'free-flow' of the 'family-at-large').

3) ". . . the process of ending The Living Word Fellowship legal structure, thus allowing each local church to decide on it's own . . ." (F'g HUGE!--The folks will be free from the tentacles at last. No more TLW.)

4) "I personally resign from any authority within the churches or church leadership . . ." (GH is GONE!!!)

5) GH's repentance will be nullified if he attempts to take the $$$ and run. (Financial audit time.)

Date: November 02, 2018 07:33PM

Oh, and thanks to my LOVELY wife for 'accidently' outing kBOY.

The good news is that we will soon be free to relax and be ourselves when we come together for our FAMILY REUNION.

LOVE to all.

Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: November 02, 2018 07:46PM

denisewallerlaughlin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please people of every generation Demand to follow
> the Money. Everyones life is not just a story.
> it was hopes and dreams that were taken away.
> Instead of proper educations it was spend time
> serving whoever, wherever however. How many
> generations where brainwashed into
> thinking"college not necessary " life experience
> is better.Good luck supporting a family on that.
> Sexual abuse; educational abuse;the "grooming." It
> is the same. YOU HAVE BEEN RAPED.Denied your free
> will.
> The co operation should be held accountable.You
> were under 18; it was against your will. You
> probably forgot that you really had free will.
> Please;reach out to lawyers waiting to hear your
> truths
>
> Simply walking away from church buildings leaves
> properties to sale and the monies all to Hargraves
> family fund. Is that what 3 generations gave their
> lives to ? Hopefully not

THIS IS THE ROOT (of all evil) OF THE MATTER FOLKS!!!!

FOLLOW THE MONEY IS RIGHT
And dont stop following until the money returns to its rightful owners.
Apologies are free and yet the offering plate is still passed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.