Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: November 01, 2018 07:52PM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And Walkoes are stepping down.
>
> I hope that means Margo won't be at the school. I
> just heard from someone about a father who was
> arrested for child sexual abuse and a week later
> (he was out on bail) Margo (who knew all about it)
> had the dad as a parent help oversee a field trip
> with all the kids. Fucking INSANE.

!!!!!

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 01, 2018 11:05PM

This was posted on Facebook:

Shalom Abrahamson Caples

I want to publicly say that I am so deeply sorry for what you went through. It is inexcusable, vile and I am speachless that you had the courage to stand up and expose not only your abuse, but the lack of any appropriate response to your reporting of it. There are no words to express the anguish that I feel for what you went through and are hopefully now healing from. I condemn the actions that led to this situation for you.

I also want to acknowledge all of the other brave souls on this thread that have come forward with their stories of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual abuse. I honestly haven’t had a chance to read each post, but I’ve read enough. The LWF culture has been poisoned from its beginning and I am so ashamed to have not only been a part of it, but to have been a leader in it. I say that in past-tense because I have officially severed all ties to the LWF and Apostolic Company. I want to specifically renounce the un-biblical teaching tied to authoritarian shepherding. During my time pastoring, I have attempted to move away from this ridiculous doctrine and teach the simple truth the Bible tells us-God speaks to each one of us without the assistance of a leader. This passage from Matthew sums up my beliefs about the topic. “But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers. “Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. “Do not be called leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ. “But the greatest among you shall be your servant. Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted”. (Matt 23:8-12)

That said, I know that I have screwed this up. I have been a part of a system that puts leaders in a place of esteem that is totally wrong and I am sure that I have hurt people because of it. For that, I am shattered and disgusted with myself. I am sorry from the depth of my heart. I know for those who I have hurt, that will not be enough. You have the right to not forgive me and I accept that. I would humbly ask that those that I have hurt would contact me to discuss so that I would have an opportunity to personally apologize. (Email adress removed)

Some may be wondering why it has taken me so long to write this. I feel that actions speak louder than words and that I wanted to be able to demonstrate my repentance rather than talk about it. If that offends some, I understand. These are the steps that we (including our local BOD) have taken:

We are willfully removing the church in Palmer Lake from any legal and reporting relationship to any other church or entity within the Living Word Fellowship so that this amazing group of people here can start a new life if they so chose.

I am personally going to counseling to uproot the deep roots of decades worth of sitting under distorted teaching. I grew up a part of this and I realize I don’t have the ability to do this on my own.

We have hired a group of independent grief counselors to come to the church this Sunday to speak to the church instead of me bringing a sermon. We don’t have the tools to heal the wounds of the people here. Professionals do.

We have also contacted several Christian Crisis intervention firms to help chart a path forward for the Palmer Lake congregation. This congregation, including me and Amy, does not have the tools to chart a path forward that looks anything like a healthy Christian church. These firms take a deep look at the culture of a church, uproot the problems and give recommendations for a healthy path forward. I should have proposals soon to present to the congregation. It is the congregation’s choice to move forward with these suggestions or not.

Again, I want to apologize from the bottom of my heart for how I may have hurt any of you. I see so many names on this thread that I love and hope to someday reconcile with. For now, my greater hope is that we all heal and find a way forward in God’s love.

Love to you all!

Jason Sayer

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kfinotti ()
Date: November 02, 2018 12:27AM

Hahaha...I KNOW you! Just told our sister about this site. I used to post on here when it was "Factnet", back in the early '90's. Who knew that the son and daughters of TLW faithful had their eyes opened long ago...

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Date: November 02, 2018 01:04AM

This morning an op-ed was published in the Washington Post that names the Living Word Fellowship what it is: a cult. Here is a link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/academia-is-a-cult/2018/10/31/eea787a0-bd08-11e8-b7d2-0773aa1e33da_story.html?fbclid=IwAR1mef4sn_y7aTZ-t7vNFyqg7u3LFuqDABbBHTe3F8Dhfggk39Gz7dqPaig&noredirect=on&utm_term=.fb56eba4d4e3
While the scope of the article mainly focuses on the cultish hierarchy of academia, I believe it's the first of many public statements pointing to the damage done by JRS et al. Feel free to share if you're so inclined.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Blowout ()
Date: November 02, 2018 01:54AM

I doubt he's following this thread... but maybe it'll get back around to him or bare minimum some of the Palmer Lake congregants will read:

Jason,

I know this whole week has likely been devastating to you. Please don’t take my statements as too cold or unaware of the full consequences of what has finally come out into the open. Some of us went through this devastation decades ago, and while to you these new developments in your organization probably feel like salt on an open wound, to myself and many others, the salt has long since rinsed away and the wound become only another scar.
While your statement does seem well thought out and heartfelt, don't you believe that your current position of leadership (continuing now since childhood) precludes you from continuing to lead these people in the future? Can you honestly expect anyone to believe that, now, just because you're sorry, you don't still hold a position of power that is a direct lineage from JRS’s original culture that you so adequately describe as “poisoned from the beginning”? Your parent’s direct connection with JRS, with that poison, is what put you in your current leadership position. It’s why your family was spared from the separation, the alienation, the shunning, and abuse. It’s why you’ve been able to enjoy your family while so many others have had theirs ripped apart.
You can't say that just because you're getting the professional help that people don't see you as their leader, that people won’t continue to put you on a pedestal. You can't help that, and you can’t fix it. It's ingrained in their psyches and, as you said yourself, it’s been poisoned. Your charisma, like your father’s and like JRS’s before him will have these broken people, again, hanging on your word, again, following your lead, again, following the words that have failed them so many times before. Any position of leadership you will ever hold with these same people will be tainted by the idolatry that has been so prevalent in this cult. If you truly do believe the things you wrote in your statement, you will step down. You will not continue with that crown on your head that has been passed down by JRS, you will make your way on your own without the power to control. To do that you’ll have to admit that you’ve been corrupted by this power, you’ll have to admit that your power and position are falsely appointed and leave these people to heal with the professional help and make your own way.
I would never want the congregants to force you out or to ostracize you… I would never want them to do what your parents or G&M or so many of the other leaders who tore families and people apart for their own power have done. The only honorable thing to do in your position, Jason, is to take your family and go where no one knows you. Build a new life, learn what it’s like to find a job when no one knows your name, learn what it’s like to make new friends after you’ve had your foundation ripped from under you. EARN your own trust and respect without having it given to you by false gods and idolatry. Learn what it has been like for so many families. Only you'd still have it better without this organization coercing your family not to speak to one another.
If you could do that, you could earn my respect and my forgiveness. Until you can, J&A will just be another G&M, and the Baker family just a new set of Walkoes. You have to, as you say, “root it out”…
You, my (once) friend, are the root.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 02:06AM by Blowout.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 02, 2018 03:09AM

This does bring up another question? What about real, legitimate pastor training and ordinations?

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Blowout ()
Date: November 02, 2018 03:11AM

I think that's what he's talking about in his statement... with the professional help. I don't think it will be enough given the status of the current leadership. It won't die with training.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: JezTheBelle ()
Date: November 02, 2018 03:17AM

Blowout Wrote: (In Part)
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your charisma, like your father’s and like JRS’s before
> him will have these broken people, again, hanging
> on your word, again, following your lead, again,
> following the words that have failed them so many
> times before.

> Any position of leadership you will
> ever hold with these same people will be tainted
> by the idolatry that has been so prevalent in this
> cult. If you truly do believe the things you wrote
> in your statement, you will step down.

> The only honorable thing to do in your position, Jason, is to take
> your family and go where no one knows you. Build
> a new life, learn what it’s like to find a job
> when no one knows your name, learn what it’s like
> to make new friends after you’ve had your
> foundation ripped from under you. EARN your own
> trust and respect without having it given to you
> by false gods and idolatry.

> Learn what it has been like for so many families. Only you'd still have
> it better without this organization coercing your
> family not to speak to one another.

> If you could do that, you could earn my respect
> and my forgiveness. Until you can, J&A will just
> be another G&M, and the Baker family just a new
> set of Walkoes. You have to, as you say, “root it
> out”…

> You, my (once) friend, are the root.


THIS and every word redacted, over and over again until it sticks. To see the support for this man and the others (@FB) who are apologetic and trying to salvage what is left SICKENS me.

It does not, however, surprise me in the least. It has happened before. How did G&M rise to power in the first place? Is everyone left too young to recall that controversy? What about the many entire congregations the "Blew Out" during the late 70's and 80's? What about the accusations of impropriety in the Eastern and Midwestern churches that caused the "Gathering In" and "Center of the Camp" preaching in the first place?

How quickly we forget. And those who refuse to study history are doomed to repeat it.

As I watch it happen online and in my own home, the memories resurface and the pain is as raw as it was when I was a child.

Mark my words, TLW will NEVER change. Palmer Lake gained independence this week. A few front facing leadership changes will be made. (Follow the actions not the words. Follow the money before both!)

No. In a couple of weeks, the Sheep will feel heard and fed and loved. "Word" will come down, about repentance and forgiveness. People will be On Their Faces in Prayer and Intercession for the lost, hurt, misguided sheep. And suddenly, all will be well in the Sight of the Lord once again. Because after all, "their hearts were right" and "God will honor that," right? Amen? It's all just another test of God's Faithful. Right? Amen! And we won't let Satan win this battle! Amen! Amen! And those who heed his words will inherit the Kingdom! Amen! Amen! Amen! Bring it Forth! Lean In! Christ in the Flesh! Sacrifice! Breakthrough! Shepherds! We are ONE! SUBMIT!

And in 20 years we'll be right back here again.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 03:30AM by JezTheBelle.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 02, 2018 04:44AM

JEZTHEBELLE:

As encouraging as your scenario is, I cannot help but to disagree. I don't know how long your 'term of service' was, but mine goes back to the mid-70's, and it was bat-sh*t crazy then. (Check out VAIN GLORY for a sobering glimpse.)

Never in my long tenure have I ever seen anything like what is occurring in our midst, and never before has the skirt been lifted on the harlot that raised us, who used to parade around the house dressed like a queen, but was always emanating a foul odor.

I believe events have finally reached critical mass and this genie will not be put back in the bottle. The streets are running with blood right now.

It will become increasingly difficult for the principle perpetrators to avoid the light that is being shed so freely. Those who are now running for cover will never again shepherd any of this flock, for the sheep will bar the door.

Whatever happens in PL I cannot say--never been there--but I was stationed from coast-to-coast in numerous other outposts over the decades. What is happening now is not fake news--it is THE news.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 04:45AM by kBOY.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: seventies walker ()
Date: November 02, 2018 05:05AM

JezTheBelle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Blowout Wrote: (In Part)
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Your charisma, like your father’s and like JRS’s
> before
> > him will have these broken people, again,
> hanging
> > on your word, again, following your lead,
> again,
> > following the words that have failed them so
> many
> > times before.
>
> > Any position of leadership you will
> > ever hold with these same people will be
> tainted
> > by the idolatry that has been so prevalent in
> this
> > cult. If you truly do believe the things you
> wrote
> > in your statement, you will step down.
>
> > The only honorable thing to do in your position,
> Jason, is to take
> > your family and go where no one knows you.
> Build
> > a new life, learn what it’s like to find a job
> > when no one knows your name, learn what it’s
> like
> > to make new friends after you’ve had your
> > foundation ripped from under you. EARN your own
> > trust and respect without having it given to
> you
> > by false gods and idolatry.
>
> > Learn what it has been like for so many
> families. Only you'd still have
> > it better without this organization coercing
> your
> > family not to speak to one another.
>
> > If you could do that, you could earn my respect
> > and my forgiveness. Until you can, J&A will
> just
> > be another G&M, and the Baker family just a new
> > set of Walkoes. You have to, as you say, “root
> it
> > out”…
>
> > You, my (once) friend, are the root.
>
>
> THIS and every word redacted, over and over again
> until it sticks. To see the support for this man
> and the others (@FB) who are apologetic and trying
> to salvage what is left SICKENS me.
>
> It does not, however, surprise me in the least. It
> has happened before. How did G&M rise to power in
> the first place? Is everyone left too young to
> recall that controversy? What about the many
> entire congregations the "Blew Out" during the
> late 70's and 80's? What about the accusations of
> impropriety in the Eastern and Midwestern churches
> that caused the "Gathering In" and "Center of the
> Camp" preaching in the first place?
>
> How quickly we forget. And those who refuse to
> study history are doomed to repeat it.
>
> As I watch it happen online and in my own home,
> the memories resurface and the pain is as raw as
> it was when I was a child.
>
> Mark my words, TLW will NEVER change. Palmer Lake
> gained independence this week. A few front facing
> leadership changes will be made. (Follow the
> actions not the words. Follow the money before
> both!)
>
> No. In a couple of weeks, the Sheep will feel
> heard and fed and loved. "Word" will come down,
> about repentance and forgiveness. People will be
> On Their Faces in Prayer and Intercession for the
> lost, hurt, misguided sheep. And suddenly, all
> will be well in the Sight of the Lord once again.
> Because after all, "their hearts were right" and
> "God will honor that," right? Amen? It's all just
> another test of God's Faithful. Right? Amen! And
> we won't let Satan win this battle! Amen! Amen!
> And those who heed his words will inherit the
> Kingdom! Amen! Amen! Amen! Bring it Forth! Lean
> In! Christ in the Flesh! Sacrifice! Breakthrough!
> Shepherds! We are ONE! SUBMIT!
>
> And in 20 years we'll be right back here again.

Right on jez.
I first left the walk with Frangipane in 78, before Francis was removed for contesting the adulterous JRS/Marilyn thing. He was part of that cleansing. Francis later wrote about the Jezebel spirit as he described marilyn unnamed, correctly now we know. The history of adulterous divorces and remarriages in the TLW is also traced back to JRS, in addition to his adulterous use of the scriptures. Many remarriages.
I came back to Millers church just before 9/11, and stayed for 3 yrs.
Back to JRS, John Miller stood with the brothers and supported the removal of Frangipane, and a short time later stood with G/M to support that adulterous union.
When I left Millers church he had a beautiful family, and a beautiful wife Ellen. Recently I read his FB post about getting fired and being left out, and how (new wife) and I are so supportive and if I (john miller) caused any problems message him and resolve it.
Fuck me to tears
Anyway hi and howdy to all.
I also am celebrating my daughter Cat and son-in-law Trevor’ getting woken (smiley face)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.