Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 01, 2018 05:18AM

The TLWF method has always been to silence anyone who has negative information about any of the leadership. I have it on good authority that G&M have had many indiscretions over the years. I'm beginning to think everyone in leadership tends towards smarmy sex as a perk of their positions.

The reason women (and men per the Kevin Spacey problem) are so brave to come forward is that risk of being slut-shamed and everything else that they can think of to throw at the courageous women who speak up. That's why it is so important that everyone band together to stop this sort of thing wherever it exists.

But please, in a church that trains its members to become slaves? How can they defend against a GROUP of women brave enough to stand up?

Because of the SCOTUS craziness, women all over the country are finding the strength to stand up. Every time there is any level of exposure, it gives other women more bravery to stand up and be counted. We're talkin' Marine Corps special forces level bravery these women are showing. OORAH

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 02, 2018 04:33PM

"Rehearse The Living Word From Generation to Generation"
September 30, 2018 - by Gary Hargrave

[garyhargrave.com]

“Are we going to make the same mistakes of the past? Or have we learned our lesson?"

(If this forum is any evidence, there is still much to be learned.)

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 02, 2018 11:42PM

kBOY:

You are right there "is still much to be learned."

It's vitally important for former cult members to understand the structure and dynamics of cults and how the coercive persuasion techniques they use actually work.

Without that detailed understanding recovery is much more difficult.

That's why I posted the links and suggested some good books on this thread.

Hope you have drilled down and done some serious reading.

Education is always a plus, it's like chicken soup, it cannot hurt you and may offer deeper insight, which can provide the basis for a more rapid and full recovery.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Date: October 03, 2018 01:42AM

rrmoderator,

Dude, what is your issue with kBoy? He's been on here longer than most of us and is respectful to others. You completely ignored numerous requests from posters who were being harassed and trolled by nicklendimed, but for some reason have a laser focus on every post kBoy makes. We shouldn't have to read YOUR literature to be able to post on this forum. We've lived through mind-control and made it to the other side. For many of us, that is enough. Accepting YOUR views on cults should not be a prerequisite to participating on this forum. Maybe you should read your own literature because I think you have control issues...

-GTIO



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2018 01:45AM by girls_turn_it_off.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Date: October 03, 2018 12:33PM

girls_turn_it_off Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> rrmoderator,
>
> Dude, what is your issue with kBoy? He's been on
> here longer than most of us and is respectful to
> others. You completely ignored numerous requests
> from posters who were being harassed and trolled
> by nicklendimed, but for some reason have a laser
> focus on every post kBoy makes. We shouldn't have
> to read YOUR literature to be able to post on this
> forum. We've lived through mind-control and made
> it to the other side. For many of us, that is
> enough. Accepting YOUR views on cults should not
> be a prerequisite to participating on this forum.
> Maybe you should read your own literature because
> I think you have control issues...
>
> -GTIO

Hi GTIO - This issue is also troublesome to me and I mentioned it in a post several weeks ago. I do not understand why rrmoderator continues to attack kBoy. As I previously mentioned, I do not need to study rrmoderator's literature although it may be helpful to others. Much of what I have read on this forum resonates with me and our Walk experience is unique to us. rrModerator (with all due respect) was not in the Walk that I know of and is a cult generalist--an outside cult expert if you will.

I am also troubled by some of Onion's posts. One in particular mentioned a "timeline" she is working on. Is this forum being used to gather information and to promote personal agendas? Is our focus now on laying the groundwork to punish those who perpetuated sexual abuse and otherwise wronged us? I had thought, perhaps naively, that the purpose of this forum was to help those still laboring in the Walk to find their way to lives of freedom.

Love and peace to all.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: October 03, 2018 01:56PM

To Tell The Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> girls_turn_it_off Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > rrmoderator,
> >
> > Dude, what is your issue with kBoy? He's been
> on
> > here longer than most of us and is respectful
> to
> > others. You completely ignored numerous
> requests
> > from posters who were being harassed and
> trolled
> > by nicklendimed, but for some reason have a
> laser
> > focus on every post kBoy makes. We shouldn't
> have
> > to read YOUR literature to be able to post on
> this
> > forum. We've lived through mind-control and
> made
> > it to the other side. For many of us, that is
> > enough. Accepting YOUR views on cults should
> not
> > be a prerequisite to participating on this
> forum.
> > Maybe you should read your own literature
> because
> > I think you have control issues...
> >
> > -GTIO
>
> Hi GTIO - This issue is also troublesome to me and
> I mentioned it in a post several weeks ago. I do
> not understand why rrmoderator continues to attack
> kBoy. As I previously mentioned, I do not need to
> study rrmoderator's literature although it may be
> helpful to others. Much of what I have read on
> this forum resonates with me and our Walk
> experience is unique to us. rrModerator (with all
> due respect) was not in the Walk that I know of
> and is a cult generalist--an outside cult expert
> if you will.
>
> I am also troubled by some of Onion's posts. One
> in particular mentioned a "timeline" she is
> working on. Is this forum being used to gather
> information and to promote personal agendas? Is
> our focus now on laying the groundwork to punish
> those who perpetuated sexual abuse and otherwise
> wronged us? I had thought, perhaps naively, that
> the purpose of this forum was to help those still
> laboring in the Walk to find their way to lives of
> freedom.
>
> Love and peace to all.


I for one welcome any effort to shine the light of truth and to see some kind of justice. If it is possible, why would it not be worth it? Many lost their life savings--or never had savings because the kingdom was coming. It was a farce designed to take your money, time--and in some cases---daughters. Some people here need to know they are not alone and what happened was wrong and believe me, if the long arm of the law can see to it that people are brought to justice--I am all for it. I don't see how it could do any more harm than has been done. Why should perpetrators just walk away with fortunes and having ruined so many lives with impunity? The frustration of knowing they got away with it--That makes no sense when someone is willing to do the hard work--kudos to them I say.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2018 02:05PM by Cloudwatcher.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: October 03, 2018 05:44PM

RRModerator, you are way out of line. You do not have the right to tell someone to drill down and do some serious reading. No one seems to want to read your damn literature, no one is obligated to read your damn literature, I will never read your damn literature, and I do not care what your damn literature says. Stop attacking KBoy. No one is on your side in whatever your personal vendetta against him is. You are not coming off well, and your one-sided unremitting attacks against him speak volumes about your true nature. In the same way, Kboy's intelligently written posts speak volumes about his nature, and he is a shining example of how to handle a bully.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 03, 2018 06:51PM

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:


It was never my intention to be the center of controversy, with so many other issues to focus on.

Please accept my apologies for causing any confusion or offence. My contributions here were meant only to add to the conversation, not take away from it.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 03, 2018 08:43PM

Note: the moderator’s links go to cult references that are fairly general. Most of them were written by other cult experts, as well as RR. I have read most of this material. I found it exceptional and very helpful for my healing. The Nichols paper is very helpful too. But everyone is different. Some of you may not wish to read all that stuff. Some of you will. Peace !!!

Also, I am glad Onion is tackling the tough issues and constructing a timeline. I trust Onion. Completely.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 03, 2018 10:15PM

Cloudwatcher Wrote:

> I for one welcome any effort to shine the light of
> truth and to see some kind of justice. If it is
> possible, why would it not be worth it? Many lost
> their life savings--or never had savings because
> the kingdom was coming. It was a farce designed
> to take your money, time--and in some
> cases---daughters. Some people here need to know
> they are not alone and what happened was wrong and
> believe me, if the long arm of the law can see to
> it that people are brought to justice--I am all
> for it. I don't see how it could do any more harm
> than has been done. Why should perpetrators just
> walk away with fortunes and having ruined so many
> lives with impunity? The frustration of knowing
> they got away with it--That makes no sense when
> someone is willing to do the hard work--kudos to
> them I say.

I agree. If she wants to tackle this, Godspeed. No one is compelled to be involved with her efforts if they choose not to.

p.s. Don't forget--work day at my house this weekend. Free lemonade for all those work hard. Large plastic cups.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.