Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: February 28, 2017 04:29AM

Welcome Badland1955. After we all left the LW, each of us have come to conclusions about our belief or non belief. Some have had recovery issues and problems and some haven't. I try to respect each persons journey. I read an RR moderator comment about the strands, "Each group and leader should be evaluated on the facts and there are objective criteria to evaluate the group." To me one of the most hideous things that came out of Marilyn's mouth was accusing the congregation of killing JRS. I think that reckless commenting was damaging to the members, and I think that myth has been dispelled here over and over by posters. Cancer killed JRS. Do you have information to support your comment about JRS "having relations with young women living with in the sister home." I believe the same accusation was made about RD with some women actually coming forward. I think if you evaluate RD's behavior based upon the objective criteria to evaluate cults, you may see how similar his cultish behavior was to JRS.

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: February 28, 2017 09:43PM

Can't help but weigh in on this topic.

Sin nature (loosely defined as someone behaving in a manner inconsistent with someone else's definition of virtue) never killed anyone. LampShmamp was spot on labeling this view as superstition. Cancer, on the other hand is a very effective ender of lives, which is how JRS died. Perhaps one is attempting to attach Karma to JRS's death?

I know women who were molested by RD. He had a wandering eye and the hands to go with it. But I have never heard any accounts of JRS doing the same. I know he liked being surrounded by the "Blix Chicks", but I never heard any instances of them being bedded. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, but these latest posts are the first I ever heard of JRS violating sexual mores. Marilyn could be an exception, as perhaps there were sexual liasons prior to his divorce from Martha? Who knows?

Posted by: 40yearsin2016 ()
Date: March 01, 2017 07:35AM

I remember message just around the rise of the Timothy's that confused everyone - something a long the lines of "you can't separate the man from the message". The popular interpretation I remember was that if you loved the word you had to love JRS also: warts and all. Being at a local church distant from Com Central, we were never sure what the heck that was all about... suspicions were that someone (or several) of the old guard had challenged JRS regarding his... issues... anyone have any insights?

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: March 02, 2017 01:37AM

40yearsin2016 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember message just around the rise of the
> Timothy's that confused everyone - something a
> long the lines of "you can't separate the man from
> the message". The popular interpretation I
> remember was that if you loved the word you had to
> love JRS also: warts and all. Being at a local
> church distant from Com Central, we were never
> sure what the heck that was all about...
> suspicions were that someone (or several) of the
> old guard had challenged JRS regarding his...
> issues... anyone have any insights?

That old adage "You never want to meet your heros" comes to mind. We who made them heros are in part to blame. At the end of the day they were "mere mortals" like ourselves. Some exploited their position, some did not.

Date: March 02, 2017 06:05AM

Badlad1955 Wrote:
> There was much deception during that time, but yet
> the sin nature that he carried for years
> ultimately cost him his life in 1983.

I think there was a time after leaving the LW that I had ingrained in me the LW thinking that God punishes us with disease. That thinking opens the door to discontentment, resentment, needless guilt and condemnation and distorts and contradicts the Gospel message. I have rejected that LW distortion and here's how I get there.

JRS, in cherry picking scripture, extrapolated from the Bible (adding his own ideas) a hierarchy framework of Kings and Divine Order. The God of JRS was micromanaging and controlling every aspect of life for everyone and everything. That is not the God we see incarnated in Jesus who provides understanding of the nature of God. Christ stepped in to take the punishment. God does not now punish with cancer. Due to the LW teaching and conditioning, there can be a part of us that wants to assign blame for cancer. Not only is the idea of cancer as a direct punishment too unscientific, it's not what God intended. God doesn't deal with us like that. It's wrong to conclude that JRS got cancer because God wanted to punish him. Any human being who presumes to know the mind of God by stating He is punishing so and so because of this or that, is in fact passing judgment. Something the LW does and taught us to do.

Date: March 02, 2017 06:23AM

40yearsin2016 Wrote:
> I remember message just around the rise of the
> Timothy's that confused everyone - something a
> long the lines of "you can't separate the man from
> the message". The popular interpretation I
> remember was that if you loved the word you had to
> love JRS also: warts and all. Being at a local
> church distant from Com Central, we were never
> sure what the heck that was all about...
> suspicions were that someone (or several) of the
> old guard had challenged JRS regarding his...
> issues... anyone have any insights?

It's been commented by many here that JRS was fiercely independent seldom deferring to his elders. I think G&M spearheaded the sentiment among the Timothy's that JRS was an oracle not to be questioned. I don't think many in the congregation, other than the inner blix circle, saw JRS's announcement he was marrying M coming. I suspect the old guard were conflicted and maybe shocked about that and maybe spoke up. I can actually remember my feelings about the nuptial. Something didn't feel right about it. I thought JRS was being selfish, taking care of himself. I must have had some insecurity issues going on at the time. But I didn't know that he had been diagnosed with cancer and I suspect neither did anyone other than the inner circle. Not much of an insight other than my 2 cents.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: March 02, 2017 11:06AM

40yearsin2016, my pastor said the nephilim triad MS,RK,HY gave John cancer. Transference. RK and HY wives of the old guard. And if we didn't love John, we were channels for him to be hit.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 02, 2017 11:08PM

It sounds as though the fellowship is finally losing trust in Gary. A major step toward freedom!

kBOY Wrote:
> Last weekends School of Prophets titles from
> Brazil:
>
> -WHERE DID YOUR TRUST GO?
> -WE POUR OURSELVES INTO ONENESS (out of distrust)
> -DO YOU TRUST GOD'S MOTIVATION
> -THE SCHOOL OF PROPHETS RESTORES OUR TRUST IN OUR
> FATHER
> -BALAAM'S COUNSEL--THE TACTIC OF SATAN

>
> Obviously, there are trust-issues fomenting within
> the fellowship or they would not have been
> subjected to such an outright beat-down.
>
> Caveat emptor.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: March 02, 2017 11:18PM

changedagain Wrote:
> It sounds as though the fellowship is finally
> losing trust in Gary. A major step toward
> freedom!
>

And just think. These messages are coming out in the services in Brazil.
Brazil!

Posted by: 40yearsin2016 ()
Date: March 03, 2017 06:41AM

and the divine comedy continues...

It's never been about faith or religion. It's always been about power, control and money.

-WHERE DID YOUR TRUST GO?
Squandered: by self serving leadership, fat from years of feeding on sheep.

-WE POUR OURSELVES INTO ONENESS (out of distrust), Translation? "We pour ourselves into conformity" Don't let got of your distrust, keep a hand on your wallet.

-DO YOU TRUST GOD'S MOTIVATION It's not God's motivation you need to worry about....

-THE SCHOOL OF PROPHETS RESTORES OUR TRUST IN OUR FATHER, Ahhh you mean Gary & TLWF leadership de jour.

Newsflash: Gary isn't God-the-father. He's not even a proper Father. Check out his family history. Ask the other kids what they think their loving "Dad".

-BALAAM'S COUNSEL--THE TACTIC OF SATAN Balaam's counsel lead to Israel worshiping Baal... Really?! It's not the worship of Baal that you should be worried about...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.