Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: June 17, 2015 03:52AM

I asked a relatively harmless, minor question to my pastor about something. He turned and glared at me, then his response was this question: "Why don't you trust me? Do you have trust issues?"

Looking back on it now, I realize what a cheap-shot that was. His intention was to shut me down. (Didn't work very well, however.)

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: June 17, 2015 07:03AM

After I left the Walk, I ran into a couple from the church. The wife looked kindly at me and started to say something but before she could get her words out her husband raised his arm in front of her face to silence her. I knew the husband was toxic and I knew the drill so I just kept walking but I remember being pissed that I wasn't wearing my "I shunned you first tee shirt."

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 17, 2015 07:54PM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I asked a relatively harmless, minor question to
> my pastor about something. He turned and glared
> at me, then his response was this question: "Why
> don't you trust me? Do you have trust issues?"

I don't know. Do you have control issues?
Geez!

I think the the discipleship referenced by John in 'To Be a Christian' has been used to justify the domination of people's lives in TLWF by those in authority. Interestingly, I don't recall John himself ever submitting himself to someone else's interpretation of scripture. He seemed to be a fiercely independent man.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: June 18, 2015 10:35AM

changedagain wrote: “I think the discipleship referenced by John in 'To Be a Christian' has been used to justify the domination of people's lives in TLWF by those in authority. Interestingly, I don't recall John himself ever submitting himself to someone else's interpretation of scripture. He seemed to be a fiercely independent man.”

---------------------

Quotes from page 55 and 56 of “Experiment in End Time Apostasy” by Woodrow Nichols taken from the First Principles:

SUBMISSION: Is the accepting the control or authority of another, being obedient and compliant to those over you in the Lord.
Ephesians 5:21 to 6:9 and Hebrews 13:17 teach the New Testament pattern for submission to divinely appointed authority in the home and in the church.

REBELLION: Resistance to authority, or defiance of authority. This spiritual condition of rebellion is the problem of this age – II Peter 2:9-19,
and seems to be the greatest problem in the lives of God's people, that hinders their walking in a true ministry before the Lord.

----------------------

So, we have “To Be a Christian,” “Submission” and “Rebellion” all working in tandem to bring believers into the greatest spiritual/psychological bondage ever devised. As Nichols points out: “It also leads to the psychology that it is better to obey one's superiors rather than risk being labeled a rebel.”

----------------------

Better names for the whole contrivance: “To Be a Minion” or “The End Time Straightjacket.”

Date: June 18, 2015 10:59AM

"Under the Bus."

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 18, 2015 11:55PM

Now it's time for me to go off on a tangent...
Some people can functionally reasonably well while intoxicated--others not. As a precaution, I did my best to evade personal ministry when I knew my pastor was drunk. That said, some of the most entertaining ministry I experienced/witnessed was inspired (I think) by a mixture of ego, hard alcohol and a tad bit of the Holy Spirit.
I guess I'm confused on the subject. Please disregard this comment!

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: June 19, 2015 04:52AM

Do you remember John's "sleeping prophecies"? Was he really just sleepy?

Date: June 19, 2015 07:34AM

changedagain Wrote:
>
>
> Interestingly, I don't recall John
> himself ever submitting himself to someone else's
> interpretation of scripture. He seemed to be a
> fiercely independent man.

I think the Pentecostal's tried to reel him in without much success. Ironical though that John's extreme and over the top interpretation of lording it over and submission to him came from a fiercely independent man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2015 07:36AM by lily rose.

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: June 19, 2015 11:12AM

FCSLC Wrote:
> I really like the above posts. There was a time
> when I was in awe of God. There seemed to be no
> end to all the liberation, freedom and blessing.
> BUT the dominating lying false prophets (Jeremiah
> 14:14 quoted above) certainly destroyed the
> heavenly spiritual flow for many of us in the
> “Walk” -------knowingly or unknowingly is the
> question.
>
> A false prophet doesn’t know that he/she is
> false. Their sincerity remains heartfelt even
> though it is full of falsehoods and wrong
> assumptions. Some have been taught falsehoods
> from the time they were babies, never escaping
> their tiny interpretational island or willing to
> incorporate all the teachings of Jesus,
> especially
> Matthew 23:8-12 (Do not call anyone on earth your
> father; for One is your Father, He who is in
> heaven.......).
>
> Crazy world, isn’t it ? --------Whole segments
> of people walking under “Clouds of Deception”
> generation after generation.

Luke 11 "The eye is the lamp of your body; when your eye is clear, your whole body also is full of light; but when it is bad, your body also is full of darkness. "Then watch out that the light in you is not darkness. "If therefore your whole body is full of light, with no dark part in it, it will be wholly illumined, as when the lamp illumines you with its rays."

Date: June 20, 2015 01:40AM

jhorning Wrote:
>> Luke 11 "The eye is the lamp of your body; when
> your eye is clear, your whole body also is full of
> light; but when it is bad, your body also is full
> of darkness. "Then watch out that the light in you is not
> darkness."If therefore your whole body is full of light, with no dark part in
> it, it will be wholly illumined, as when the lamp illumines you with its rays."

Jhorning that's a difficult passage with regard to the meaning of the metaphors. Is this passage about how to make sure the light that you think you have is not really darkness? There is much that passes as light...the scriptures refer to spiritual deceivers as angels of light. Do you think Jesus (the light of the world) is saying that if your eyes (spiritual understanding) see me for who I really am and are focused on me then you will not be open to darkness? I guess a bad eye could mean spiritual blindness. Your insight will be appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2015 01:42AM by lily rose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.