Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 21, 2020 12:00AM

True, kBOY.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 21, 2020 01:43AM

kBOY wrote:

"There are about 41,000 different Christian denominations in five major 'families' of churches/communion. The percentages in brackets indicate the percent of the Christian population affiliated with each 'family' or group of denominations:

The Catholic Church [50%]
Historic Protestant and Anglican churches [18%]
The Eastern Churches (Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East) [12%]
Pentecostal churches [12%]
Evangelical (non-Pentecostal) [8%]"

Do you think that Jesus had in mind launching 41,000 denominations? :shocked:

[www.answers.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2020 01:45AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 21, 2020 04:05AM

R E E P

He tried to keep things simple with LOVE CREATOR / LOVE CREATION. (No rocket-science there.)

Date: February 22, 2020 11:27PM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> Do you think that Jesus had in mind launching
> 41,000 denominations? :shocked:
>
> [www.answers.com]

Probably not, Reep :)

Date: February 22, 2020 11:31PM

This post by 'Invisible' from May of 2017. It references John's vision for Shiloh:

Posted by: Invisible
Date: May 05, 2017 06:04PM

filthy apron,

You wrote a concern for the aging population of TLW. I have been thinking about what you wrote these last couple of days. I thought I would share with you how in the early days when John Stevens began to lay out the vision for Shiloh and the members began contributing their finances to be able to buy the land where Shiloh was to be built - part of the vision that motivated and inspired the people to make Shiloh happen - was John said, he wanted a convalescent home to be built at Shiloh and for our members to work there. He spoke about the many sacrifices that so many had made and he wanted there to be a provision for our members for when they grew old or could no longer care for themselves . He spoke about how when they grew old, we should care for our aged members - so that they could live out their remaining years, with honor and dignity, by being be cared for by us, with our loving hands in honor of their years of sacrifice.

I think I was no longer active in the church - when I heard that an amphitheater was being built on the land at Shiloh.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 23, 2020 01:40AM

C H A N G E D

Who knows how 'designated offerings' were accounted for over the years and how 'fluid' that $$$ could be in redirecting it to more vain projects?

Fourth of July, anyone? (Or Xmas truck?)

Posted by: Movin'On ()
Date: February 23, 2020 05:44AM

Yes it was Jeff. He regained most of the use of his wrist and hand. Whoever asked about the arrangement between the sawmill and Shiloh, it was supposed to be 5 dollars an hour to Shiloh for this slave labor. What did you guys get for that? 80 bucks a month and all the corn chowder you could stomach.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: February 23, 2020 06:11AM

Thanks, Reep for posting "To Be a Christian" with permission.
UGH! I've been aware of that one for some time. but, still, the gut-wrenching is far worse than leaning there is no Santa Claus.

I also skimmed through The Feast of Tabernacles and a few more- without using a plagiarism checker the verbiage and rhythm is what I recall as the same as having read JRS alleged work. ( My feeling is not proof.)

There are free plagiarism checkers online that I have used. The works would have to be available online in order to catch it. it is still possible to prove
theft of another person's work. It may have been common practice to steal and profit amongst some religious groups before the internet.

There are copyright lawyers.

I reiterate some of my tales in past posts and my personal blog about the plagiarized song books. The church printed and published numerous alleged writing of JRS back in the 1950s. Everyone assumed - and why not?

If you look at things like the First Principles it is only an outline with bible verses. It was a pretty good study guide that teased people to want to hear more out the horses a-- I mean mouth of JRS

So, we do know that JRS did not have a unique word form God as he deceived people to believe wrong-wrong-wrong- but, "we the people" seemed to be content to be spoon-fed. "We" also closed our eyes to his indiscretions. (Bad enough)

JRS alledged mantle was nothing but a magician's cape. The magic show could have ended with his death.

These dead or old preachers in decades past could have claimed plagiarism with is illegal. I give an example below of how serious plagiarism is.

In recent days past Grandmas were starting blogs in the early days of blogging. They were posting recipes as their own from oh, let's say, Betty Crocker cookbook or copy and pasted from Better Homes and Garden. Grandmas ended up getting sued big time losing the family house for claiming to have an old family recipe when they stole it.

JRS could have gotten sued and rightly so. Did he? I don't know. what I do know is that songbooks printed at CT were burned at one time due to copyright violations.

I am not a lawyer. But, from what little I know about copyright in my personal work I would have to question how much trouble any of the corporations could have been held accountable for plagiarized works. Who wore the spiritual mantles that were secretly passed on?

Let us not forget that pastors are getting salaries to wait on the Lord, write and present sermons to the congregations. They are not allowed to sell for their personal gain what they did on the church's dime. To copy someone else's work and make a profit off of it is unconscionable. Don't you think?

What can we trust as the truth from The Church of the Living Word JRS style?

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: February 23, 2020 06:16AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This post by 'Invisible' from May of 2017. It
> references John's vision for Shiloh:
>
> Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John
> Robert Stevens
> Posted by: Invisible
> Date: May 05, 2017 06:04PM

>
> filthy apron,
>
> You wrote a concern for the aging population of
> TLW. I have been thinking about what you wrote
> these last couple of days. I thought I would share
> with you how in the early days when John Stevens
> began to lay out the vision for Shiloh and the
> members began contributing their finances to be
> able to buy the land where Shiloh was to be built
> - part of the vision that motivated and inspired
> the people to make Shiloh happen - was John said,
> he wanted a convalescent home to be built at
> Shiloh and for our members to work there. He spoke
> about the many sacrifices that so many had made
> and he wanted there to be a provision for our
> members for when they grew old or could no longer
> care for themselves . He spoke about how when they
> grew old, we should care for our aged members - so
> that they could live out their remaining years,
> with honor and dignity, by being be cared for by
> us, with our loving hands in honor of their years
> of sacrifice.
>
> I think I was no longer active in the church -
> when I heard that an amphitheater was being built
> on the land at Shiloh.

This subject grieves me to no end.

Thinking of the passing of our dear sister Gladys. I love her and her sisters when I was young. JRS promised a home for our loved ones when the time came. I had planned to work there as an RN and retire my self.

Rest in Pease Gladys. My condolences to the family and Berniece.

Date: February 23, 2020 08:57AM

NancyB wrote:
Thinking of the passing of our dear sister Gladys. I love her and her sisters when I was young. JRS promised a home for our loved ones when the time came. I had planned to work there as an RN and retire my self.

Rest in Peace Gladys. My condolences to the family and Bernice.

YES

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.