Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Date: December 29, 2019 04:15AM

Good day to everyone. I am not a stranger to this board or those for survivors on FB. You would know me there. I probably won’t have much to add here but I truly appreciate all things posted here. I applaud your bravery to speak the truth. Much love and support —- Lulu

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 29, 2019 10:58AM

Thanks Lulu. People continue to come forward and lay bare the truth of their experience within TLWF, facilitating their own healing while helping others.
It's encouraging. The discussion continues :)

p.s. to give you an idea of the integrity of the core group of posters, years ago I submitted a revelation to them that we find a way to charge $40 for each new participant in the forum (without informing the moderator). They unanimously said it was tacky, and I should be ashamed of myself for even suggesting it. Refusing to be discouraged, I ran the revelation by them again some months later, lowering the price to $38.50. They were just as resistant. So it is a honorable group...functioning without a monetary motivation. As far as I know, none of us are even tempted by that...except me sometimes.

note: yes, I made up this story in yet another vain attempt to add levity. Sorry.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 29, 2019 11:23AM

Gosh. $38.50 would have been a good discount price to pay for Marilyn’s funeral.

Date: December 29, 2019 12:00PM

Yes, very reasonable. Many might be motivated to go by that generous discount.

Here's a post by 'reveal' who attended Marilyn's funeral:

Posted by: reveal ()
Date: October 14, 2018 12:19PM

FROMSOUTHCHICAGO, I'm glad you asked about Marilyn's funeral because it's something I have thought of posting about on here for some time. I was there and it was very, very odd. One, we had to pay to attend. No kidding. We were told we had to register if we wanted to attend the funeral, and pay $40 per person to "cover costs". I found this extremely bizarre and supremely tacky. Who charges people to attend a funeral?? Especially considering the Hargraves have a ton of money.

Two, besides Marilyn's immediate family (Rick, Marti, Gary, and granddaughter Kaylin) the leaders/shepherds from all of the churches were a part of the processional and recessional in the church, and then at the graveside they had all of the chairs surrounding the immediate area cordoned off. Only VIP were allowed to sit in the chairs, and they had someone placed at the entrance of this sectioned off area to allow or disallow people to sit in the seats. Even though there were a ton of empty seats, the rest of us minions were given standing room only OUTSIDE of the roped off area. In typical TLWF fashion it was very exclusive. It felt very uncomfortable.

Three, Rick did a "Twenty-One Gun Salute" for Marilyn with fire crackers (you know the ones that just make a loud BOOM), simulating what they do for members of the Military who pass on. I was deeply offended by it, because in my opinion that is reserved only for those who have served in the Armed Forces. It seemed highly inappropriate to me and came off very awkward.

Four, at the reception everyone was completely shitfaced. I have not seen so many people wasted at a church function before. I mean, in LA it's kind of par for the course to see people drunk at functions, but this was just over the top. It was all just very, very strange in every regard.

You asked about Marti. She was kicked out of the church for being gay. Apparently it's okay for Rick to have four extra-marital affairs and exhibit grossly inappropriate behavior towards women and STILL be in leadership, but it's not okay to be gay. A huge double standard.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 29, 2019 10:52PM

The B A L L S it takes to charge the folks $40.00 to attend the funeral of the one who had been fleecing their pockets for decades, I hope were buried with the casket.

Date: December 29, 2019 11:49PM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The B A L L S it takes to charge the folks
> $40.00 to attend the funeral of the one who had
> been fleecing their pockets for decades, I hope
> were buried with the casket.

Yes

Date: December 30, 2019 04:01AM

I guess my prediction early in the year that there would probably be a dwindling interest in what is written here, given that we seemingly had covered just about everything TLWF-related, was off base. The stats:

January 12, 2019: 729,255 views
December 29, 2019: 1,373,332 views

Thank you to the usual core of regular posters, and also those new to the forum who came forward and shared stories that continue to shed light on the sinister entity that was TLWF. Wishing everyone a Happy New Year. If it started on Sept 30 for you, I hope it has been a good one thus far. Also, a reminder to prioritize taking care of yourself (mentally, emotionally & physically)--especially since the 'word' about the senior care center at Shiloh may not be fulfilled. I admit it--I have my doubts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2019 04:02AM by changedagain.

Date: December 30, 2019 04:06AM

levity in this forum is 100% necessary! Carry on! I simply chose not to lurk anymore here and decided to become a “member”.

Be well ...
Lulu

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 30, 2019 04:36AM

Lulu, you are welcome here. I hope that you will tell us a little more about yourself. Every voice adds something that we didn't know before.

Happy almost new year to all of our participants and readers. Those are amazing stats, Changedagain. Not too shabby! And thanks for the jokes, too. ; )

Date: December 30, 2019 04:47AM

Lulu the Kukukachoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> levity in this forum is 100% necessary! Carry on!
> I simply chose not to lurk anymore here and
> decided to become a “member”.

Welcome, Lulu. I decided not to charge you a $40 new member fee for fear of being shunned by the other regular posters. They really got a bad spirit when I brought this revelation to them (twice). So I guess this will remain a free forum. ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2019 05:14AM by changedagain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.