Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 13, 2019 09:19PM

Wow! Thank you to Liamoftheusa for posting this and to Changedagain for re-posting.

While thinking about being fiery and energetic, I am reminded of the “Can You Live In A Siege" mentality. The worst thing you could do was wish for a relaxing, comfortable life. That was an automatic symptom of apathy and failure. “The violent take the Kingdom by force" was the battle cry during the late seventies and eighties. After all, isn't that what killed JRS…our passivity?

This is still a hard mindset to unlearn. Becoming fluent in the language of kindness to ourselves is a new experience. Onion's thoughts on self care are unbelievably hard for many of us. Yes, we may know on some level that nurturing ourselves is healthy. But the mental self-flagellation doesn't stop that easily. Not living on high-alert at all times is antithetical to our years of programming. We may need help in order to recover from the very debilitating lifestyle which we were taught.

However each of us chooses to do that, I'm hoping to become calmer and more at peace with myself and my choices. Here's to long walks, lovely new soaps, puppies, good books and jigsaw puzzles. I wish for all of us a relaxing, comfortable life. We need it and deserve it. : )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2019 09:49PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 14, 2019 02:38AM

Relaxing as a sin. What a nasty concept drummed into our minds and conditioning. The hard work now is taking baby steps towards freedom from that life robbing drive to achieve value by always working.

I loved your post, Reep.

Liam your former and current posts are always great. ;-)

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 14, 2019 02:56AM

Onion wrote:
Relaxing as a sin. What a nasty concept drummed into our minds and conditioning.

Keeping people busy, always working on one 'vital' project after another, is a good way to keep them distracted from recognizing the con game going on behind the scenes. It certainly worked...until it didn't.

Date: December 14, 2019 09:05AM

Posted by changedagain:

Keeping people busy, always working on one 'vital' project after another, is a good way to keep them distracted from recognizing the con game going on behind the scenes. It certainly worked...until it didn't.

Yes. Those vital projects were all so important that the KINGDOM depended on them being done immediately if not sooner... But once you've seen the con you can't unsee it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2019 09:24AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 14, 2019 09:43AM

Did everybody have a moment when you looked back at all the hard work, focus and prayer that you gave toward bringing the Kingdom (or whatever current vital project was going to achieve that) and try to figure out what exactly you were expecting? All that effort, time and money, for what? So weird. And the weirdest part is it went on, and on, and on, and on until it stopped.

Like you said Changed, it worked until it didn't.

It is one of the hallmarks of a cult to keep people busy, sleeping less, difficult diets, etc. for exactly the purpose of distracting people from recognizing the con.

Who knew taking a break and relaxing might have saved us from so much!

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 14, 2019 12:56PM

Onion

Keeping everyone busy was an important goal of the LW leadership. It reminds me of a scene from the movie Waterworld. There was an old oil tanker being rowed by humans. Dennis Hopper was the ship’s captain. I remember him giving the command “Keep them rowing. It will take them a month to figure out I don’t know where we are going.”

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 14, 2019 06:43PM

“Keep them rowing. It will take them a month to figure out I don’t know where we are going.”

How long were we strung along with the promise of a 'new day'? What we ended up getting was a disappointing Groundhog's Day.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 16, 2019 05:23AM

Posted by: lone.wolf ()
Date: December 24, 2018 10:37AM

We took an offering for that coffee table at Shiloh. I remember it vividly and I think everyone was shown a picture either before or after the purchase. When the "Coffee Table of Israel" was mentioned, my very first thought was of this coffee table that Marilyn wanted to give Gary. Is it too late to ask for my money back? =)

I think as long as you ask with a "right spirit," and expect not to get what you want, you might escape with your life. Good luck! :)

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 16, 2019 06:16AM

Which begs the question . . . did anybody ever get refunded for anything ever?

I'm afraid our blood, sweat, tears, and $$$ were extracted with a NO RETURN policy.

Date: December 16, 2019 12:40PM

You know...the blank contract. Of course, when it was first mentioned we thought the contract was with our creator, not a selfish, controlling, flawed cult leader.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.