Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: December 04, 2019 02:29AM

Reepicheep
I like your sense of humor!!

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: December 04, 2019 02:38AM

Sitting on a rock surrounded by sagebrush in The Great Salt Lake Desert imparts cleaner energy than any laying on of hands. That’s been my experience since escaping TLWF circus.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 04, 2019 04:14AM

Great to hear from you again, FCSLC. It's a long time.

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 04, 2019 05:57AM

No bidet in G and M's apt. Why would there need to be? Their poop didn't smell, right? Or maybe they were perfected enough that they didn't poop at all. Something to ponder...

If I was a betting person, my money would be on them NOT loading their own dishwasher. Too busy receiving the only revelation on earth and bringing forth the kingdom and such, after all.

What I found interesting was that there was a doorbell installed INSIDE the front door of the apartment. It appeared that at the touch of a button they could summon assistance at any hour of the day. I poked it once or twice but nothing happened. Maybe someone in the bowels of the building wondered what that bell was. Then again, naybe my anointing or oneness or spirit or whatever weren't right so it didn't ring at all. It figures that a G and M doorbell would have discernment, right?

As I type, my hubby is reading over my shoulder and reminding me that John always said that sarcasm was the cesspool of the Body. Dang... wrong again!! I expect a phone call of correction from my shepherd at any minute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2019 06:02AM by JesusJesusJesus.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 04, 2019 06:05AM

P U D D

"If the “casette was invented for John’s word”, then the internet was invented for its undoing."

(The music industry at the time--and just about everyone else utilizing cassettes--might have taken issue with that self-absorbed evaluation.)

Regarding the internet, it does cut both ways. Those with smarts to tailor their message (and squelch opposing voices) can present themselves as the new 'Wizard of Oz' and ensnare a whole new generation that believes everything on the internet is the 'gospel truth'.

Most of us by now have at least heard of the 'dark web' which is able to perpetrate the most egregious behavior almost unabated. As a result, human-trafficking is at an all-time high--evidence of just how nefarious the medium can be, not for exposure, but for deception.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2019 06:13AM by kBOY.

Date: December 04, 2019 06:09AM

F C S L C

Yes--WELCOME back.

You have your desert and I have my beach and they are both exponentially superior to any service we ever attended.

(I also miss our behind-the-scenes conversations regarding other non-TLW spiritual matters.)

Date: December 04, 2019 06:16AM

I appreciate the input regarding internet. That’s how I found a place to rent in OR and it just happened to be a landlord who was in the JRS group.
Regarding the internet and other tools:
Anything can be twisted into something bad or dark. Obviously, it has been used for horrific ends such as trafficking. But, traffickers have been caught because of the internet as well.

My goal is to not be twisted as a person. That way, I won’t twist the tools that are given to me. Thus the internet is a good thing if I am using it for good. Well...that’s the goal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2019 06:20AM by Northerngate.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 04, 2019 06:25AM

JesusJesusJesus Wrote:

> As I type, my hubby is reading over my shoulder
> and reminding me that John always said that
> sarcasm was the cesspool of the Body.

John was wrong. He probably needed a few sarcastic comments coming from his wife, family and concerned members of the fellowship every now and then. If he had been receptive, it might have grounded him from the insincere flattery that elevated him to a place where that he lost all touch with reality.
Personally, I think greed, arrogance and deceit had a much more malicious impact on the fellowship. The key leaders projected an attitude that the main purpose of people's lives were to serve them (as Christ). They used various tactics (bullying, lovebombing, ignoring, imposed labor etc.) to get people to this place of abject service. Of course, it had the net effect of grinding people into oblivion (zero with the rim rubbed out).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2019 06:30AM by changedagain.

Date: December 04, 2019 06:27AM

J J J

"It figures that a G and M doorbell would have discernment, right?"

Too FUNNY.

Sarcasm well-deserved (a bulls-eye that TLW has certainly earned) is simply poking truth at deception with a SMILE. Rather than being a 'cess-pool', one might associate it in this case with the HEALING POWER of the Pool of Siloam.

(Also--refuse to take the call or plead the 5th.)

Date: December 04, 2019 07:10AM

I found something good today while reading during my lunch break:
Shame thrives on secret keeping, and when it comes to secrets, there’s some serious science behind the twelve-step program saying, “You’re only as sick as your secrets.”

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.