> LOVE
that JESUS promoted. All of the
> 'bad press' and 'fake news' that JESUS has
> had to endure for 2000+ years has nothing to do
> with the GOSPEL and everything to do with a
> religion that should never have been manufactured
> to promote it...
>

It seems to me leadership either believed in the words of the Bible or they did not. I was uncomfortable with some people wanting to live on Earth for ever and a day. Did JRS, Gary & Marilyn honestly believe that they would be Immortal Jesus? of God the Creators Him/Her self?

Being Immortal seems rather boring to me. Besides that not ever dying is not scriptural. I believe that is a major point in twisting the scriptures which I had found disturbing. With an entire universe why would Jesus want to live on toxic 'global warmed" Earth to rule and rein and not any other planet?
Some body wants Power and Control and not living in reality if that is their ultimate goal. IMO

Ecclesiastes 3:1
“For everything there is a season, and. a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up. what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to...

Yep, sadly "Christianity is a CULT! Glad you said it, Kboy. I'd spent several years grasping that. Then several more not wanting to not offend any Christian who hasn't read history let along read the Bible. Processing it all involves the stages of grief.

I think most of us on the forum have concluded that after a certain time in JRS era The Walk ceased to be Christian. Gary can be quoted as saying, " we aren't Christian anymore". Something like that. Yet the websites had sated that it WAS CHRISTIAN. ( Now, what is real truth? False advertising.)

BTW American Founding Fathers were not necessarily Christian as we know it. they did not want to have to be in the King's church cult but make their own decisions o what to believe about god and how to worship.
Why so much inconsistency in the god of Abraham and God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit even before JRS had his Holy Jim Trip?
The jumbled pieces of Christianity don't fit together in the first place. But, then, we believed a new twist??? What are we thinking for our selves? We are adults.

My suggestion (out of love) to those dear people who stayed in TLWF and Shiloh until is seemed to quickly fall apart with out warning to please read what the Bible says and compare it to what Gary Hargrave taught in what I call a 'hypnotic drone". ( I listened to a number of his messages on tape when I was no longer involved.) the Walk was on a destructive path decades ago. Few saw enough puzzle pieces to see RED FLAGS all over the places. (typical in cults if you read any thing that Rick Ross had written to educate us.)

If messages over any pulpit are contrary to the Bible - would it not makes sense that those words are NOT Biblical? I think that would mean that if "it is a new day" maybe you wasted the old days studying the Bible and you are not following Jesus. That is kind of not making any sense to why you may have been participating in The Church of the Living Word?

I know that we "Walkers" had been told not to read other books or other religious groups words. If you were "obedient" you did not compare other denominations.

After I left The WALK I spent a season not reading the word because I knew that at some point I was fed Twisted Scriptures. Well, I needed fellowship with good people. so neighbors would invite me to their churches. It seemed safe enough and I assumed it was. ( but, that can lead me off the track if I say more .)

Any way I joined 4 other denominations in I think 7 nice neighborhood church who has something social to offer me. I played church like most other members.

Some I had to take Bible doctrine classes to join.
Southern Baptist I only had to give my testimony. The 3 big shockers were that members could participate in church business meetings - where they fought over what kind of worship music would be most entertaining to bring in more people so the offering plates will fill up faster for their projects. ( My words)

At this one Baptist church I befriended the church secretary, Anne, who was about 7 to 10 years older than I. Mind you that I knew the Bible very well and had memorized 100 scriptures by the time I was 12. "Hid the word of God in my heart" The secretary pointed out my 3rd shock. - the Deacons, the Sunday school leaders; the board of directors did not know the bible. In fact the leaders of the states' christian Women's association would call this lady with questions "How like do find the story of Jonah in the Bible".

Anne organized a Adult night to play things like Bible Trivia. Except for the pastor only Anne and I knew the answers. Meanwhile Back at the Church of the Living Word/ Shiloh...can we hazard a guess what % of member ship of TLWF could answer Bible Trivia?

My point is that many people play church. Many participate in rituals and routines to look good. Many have not read the Rule Book ( Bible) Many don't know what they believe, but, they go to church.

Every denomination claims to be more enlightened than the other churches. - Yet, there is no consistency in "Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever" So many wanna be prosperous Bible peddlers make up their own versions of the alleged word of God. How many in the Walk knew what they believe? Or did we just belong and stay because...

I encourage everyone to read up on the Counsel of Nicia and then how the King James Version was translated. When you have read or even watched a Youtube video I believe you will have some questions about Christianity itself that will break your heart.

All the decisions of what pieces of the Bible that were not written in Hebrew 30 + years are the Crucifixion, rising from the dead and Ascension into Heaven and not written by witnesses could be included in an English translation for the hierarchy to read to illiterate people. MEn decided what manuscripts to be in the Bible. It was men in power and control - not inspired solely by a higher godly power.

I think that we sort of have history repeating itself. Some men who want to be in charge of the world for fame and wealth making up the rules for what they want people to believe. And is God really in any of this "God's word" mess?

lightening has not struck me. I am worried about be too preachy. But, I think the historical facts speak for themselves when sorting out the church of the living Word lies with an open mind.

Off topic, I admit that I am going to Bible study at my neighborhood church that gives out free groceries every week. That church does a lot of wonderful community work right in my crappy neighborhood. Since I am grateful for all they offer and the fact that I know they see success as getting people to church - and I want to volunteer - I am now attending meetings - on my own terms.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2019 01:52PM by NancyB.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: November 30, 2019 02:41PM

changedagain Wrote: =)
Date: November 27, 2019 07:46AM
-------------------------------------------------------
> I scheduled a special service for tonight, and I
> expect everyone (including northerngate) to be
> there. Cancel whatever worldly plans you might
> have, and submit to His will.
> -Changed
>
> p.s. it's possible I may not be able to attend
> this service due to the demands of my higher
> calling. Being an international ministry is not as
> much fun as I thought it would be.
> #drinkingthecup

changedagain I will be on the back row, back sliden and passing notes.

Date: November 30, 2019 03:14PM

I found some links about the Shiloh auction where you can see pictures etc.

Five star Auction Facebook
5 Star Auction
November 20 at 2:21 PM ·
Shiloh Church Farm Auction, Sat. Nov 23rd, 2019. 9:00 am. EVERYTHING MUST GO! Lots of fine quality farm equipment and shop tools. Commercial grade items perfect for building contractors. Check out the complete list at [5starauction.com]

Five Star Auction
Our Next Auction | 5 Star Auction
5starauction.com/next
Public Closing Out Auction Shiloh Church and Convention Center (Farm Portion) Saturday, Nov. 23 • 9:00 a.m. Open House Fri, Nov 22 1 – 7pm 100 Shiloh Drive, Kalona IA (1 mile south of Kalona on Hwy 1, turn east on 133rd St, 1000 ft to Shiloh Dr on south. Follow signs)

Backes Commercial Auctioneers Shiloh Campground day 2

Description

This auction features: Baldwin piano, organ, large inflatable, audio equipment and lighting, photography, coin op laundry equipment, mechanical plumbing, office equipment, 300 church chairs, 60 furnished apartments and rooms plus so much more! 800 Lots to offer! It all has to be sold!! [backes-auction.proxibid.com]

I copied the SEO words tho' the page no longer found. Stats you may not have known.

Kalona new 404 page not found

Shiloh main building may impede annexation plans | Kalona ...
www.kalonanews.com/kalona/shiloh-main-building-may...
The crown jewel of the 200-plus-acre Shiloh property is a 90,000-square-foot building that holds the church sanctuary and a number of offices. But the building’s existence may be a giant hurdle in the grand plan to annex the Shiloh property into Kalona and build a large housing project. Kalona ...

AutoZip.com

This has images including buffalo and elk heads. Most likely the images will be deleted soon to save ban width on their page.

How many white pick up trucks did Shiloh have?
[www.auctionzip.com]

Date: November 30, 2019 04:12PM

If interested here is the link to Shiloh website. I had not seen this before- not sure why.

[www.shilohiowa.org]

The website is nicely put together.

My question is this: it is revised and new without Gary and Marilyn Hargrave influence?

I am sure I know most of the old timer's still at Shiloh what ever the address they will meet met at. I deeply care for family and good old friends. (We've all aged.) I know that this transition and huge auction has to be emotionally difficult.

No matter what I and others have written on this forum about the negative impact of the Hargraves and any allegations I have personally made, I have done so in good faith from the things I have witnessed. Those dear sweet innocent good people of Shiloh in Kalona, Iowa ( Washington county, Iowa) who have known me since we were young, must know that I have always been " a good Christian girl, honest and with good heart.
What you may not know is that I was and my children had been greatly harmed by certain people in the Walk. I thought I and my children were the only ones for a long times. It tuns out that maybe 100's of children were harmed fora life time. They need help to heal.

It has taken me decades to process the pieces together and have my eye witness reports validated by other witnesses. I had seen so many very wrong things happened in The Walk - left. Not with a bad spirit but to keep may children safe from more harm.

My allegations and strong concerns against the leadership of the Church of the Living Word coo-berate other credible witnesses who also knew too much in this massive fraud scheme, psychological abuse and gross to criminal sexual misconduct.

I and other have stated concerns from first hand experiences.

I for one know that not everyone is aware of all of the claims made in good faith and out of love for the safety and well being of our friends and family who have been associated with The Church of the Living Word. Claims and allegations do not match what you have been told by the people who had trusted.

We are all in different stages of healing. I know that to those who remained faithful to Gary Hargraves ( who has gone on to greener pastures internationally) and who are still current members of the newly organize Shiloh group, that you may feel emotions like overwhelming bewilderment as to who to believe. You probably want to get on with life and continue to worship God along side people you care about. I hope the best for you.

As certain leadership persons have legal encounters, I want to warn you, the facts will be shocking. Even inconceivable.

None of us know all the facts. However there are paper trails to follow the mis- appropriated funds and other legal documents from years past. there are witnesses who had been intimidated by various threatening ways.

I encourage those from the Living Word Fellowship, The Walk; former members of John Robert Stevens to please pray and ask God to open your eyes to the ugly truth about specific events and actions committed against alleged victims. The truth will come out - the facts will be devastating to good people.

I encourage anyone reading my post trying to figure out if The Church of the Living Word was a cult of not to at least skim thru' Cult Education basic information. Think for your self. Research the the truth on your own.

If the Words spoken in TLWF are not in line with the Bible those words are not bionically sound?

The patterns of behavior of the leaders of TLWF are very similar to 100's of other gurus misleading and deceiving good people. Church of the Living Word is NOT unique form all the other churches caught up in scandal nor any other religious group cult. ( Look up what Narcissistic leaders are. Sound familiar?)

I write this knowing that many bewildered former members are reading this forum not sure who to believe nor aware that you need support for healing from these traumatic set events. We will have unique stories that will cross over into another one's story. it will not be a coincidence.

Good people, this is not your fault. You are not being blamed for the criminal actions of a number of people who were supposed to lead you like a shepherd and protect you like sheep of the flock. Instead of enforcing the consequences of heinous acts there has been decades upon decades of cover ups and denial. TCLW is a tangled web of deceit in the name of the Kingdom of god.

[http://www.shilohiowa.org/our-beliefs/beliefs/ witnessed

Date: December 01, 2019 09:38AM

On page 1030 I made an awesome typo = I meant to type BIBLICAL not bionic. tho I do think that 'bionic' is rather unique a typo even for me.

Date: December 02, 2019 12:02AM

Reepicheep Wrote: November 27, 2019 11:52PM
-------------------------------------------------------
>

> Posted by: puddington ()
> Date: November 27, 2019 08:25AM
>
> Reep, I’m thinking about John on his deathbed. I
> imagine, in a moment of clarity, he looked around
> the room and saw only his groupies. People he had
> created by feeding them fairy tales. And other
> people that wanted his power. It must have dawned
> on him that these people didn’t REALLY love him.
> They just wanted something from him. Or they were
> there as bondservants to The Apostle. And then he
> remembered Martha. The one who loved John the man.
> Just the man, not the apostle.
>
> That sounds entirely plausible, puddington. I have
> also been told by someone who knows that Martha
> Stevens loved John for the rest of her life, in
> spite of everything. So my question is, if there
> is such a thing as a nephilim channel, which one
> was it? The one who loved her husband in spite of
> everything, or the one who became so infatuated
> with his own grandiosity that he needed
> worshippers attending him 24/7?

Reep and Pud,

your statements touched me to the core. JRS WAS capable of love and every bit an imperfect human as the rest of us. I think this is your insight is the heart of the conflict for many of us survivors.

I shudder to think that JRS died at a younger age than a number of of are today. He had a lovely family. He came from loving and kind Christian parents who served the community of Washington, Iowa.

That family history is over ridden by the fact that JRS was "seduced by the Dark side" of LA/ Hollywood lifestyle that was so different from his parents and the community I grew up in had been.

Personally, I am in conflict with the olden days memories of when I knew JRS, Martha and girls when they came to Washington for special services. tho' I now call those times "when the circus came to town" my home church did benefit from the special meetings and chatting with the Stevens.

From my perspective going to church with Stevens and his loving family was a very positive influence on Christian Tabernacle families - up to the turning point where Marilyn era began. ( There is no doubt that JRS and his cronies had sexual addiction issues to say the least that were very secret.)

The sh*t had to have hit him hard when he lay dying. It grieves me so that a man I had respected for teaching me Biblical principles ( up to a point) could suffer helplessly at the merciless hands of M & G.

In my mind I have compassion and empathy for JRS as he died even knowing that he royally screwed up and lead us into dark hole with dark and unscrupulous people who did not share his families "Christian values." What a lonely way to die knowing that he opened the doors for the woman and daughters who loved him had gotten screwed by his mistress. this is gut wrenching.

My perspective I know is so different from the bulk of survivors. This does not make me any better or worse- just different. I have a burden for my family and friends in Washington county. I can understand their perspective at this time. My heart goes out to them and I just want to hold them in my arms to say, "I understand your grief. I understand why you stayed in TLWF. Please let me help you separate out the good from the bad."

I think it is important at this time of auctions and bulldozing to be cognoscente of the fact that with Living Word Fellowship there were vary different groups of people. We form the old timers families in Washington knew and loved the Stevens family as our own. The dream for Shiloh was supported by the Washington people - we were family along with John, Martha, and his girls.

I'm babbling from my perspective that is distinctly in an unique niche separate from the crimes of the Hargraves. We Christian Tabernacle folks will grieve the loss of a dream build by a human man who died a sad lonely death because of his own mistakes. And we CT people have suffered the loss of our dream of a 'church camp with flush toilets'.

When we process our unresolved grief of a former pastor and friend and new grief then we Christian Tabernacle core families will have to explore our part in enabling the criminal element of TLWF.

Thanks Reep and Pud for speaking up about the love John and Martha had a husband wife. I believe this point fact will be very relevant to the healing of my core family from Washington.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 02, 2019 12:57AM

Nancy B. wrote:
Thanks Reep and Pud for speaking up about the love John and Martha had a husband wife. I believe this point fact will be very relevant to the healing of my core family from Washington.

yes

Imapurple wrote:
I was standing outside with JRS one late night at Shiloh and he was looking at the water tower and he said , one day lightning is going to hit that thing and this whole damn place is going to burn down. Well, maybe it’s wasn’t lightning but it’s sure burning down. I truly believe that he was regretful of his openness to Marilyn and all the craziness that followed. I believe he knew it was wrong and knew God was never in all that. I’m not making excuses for him. I just think he knew he had been buying into his own BS and the BS that was always around him. On his bed as he was sick and dying he cried out asking Martha for forgiveness. He knew.......

Who would have believed this account of John's state of mind toward the end of his life? Very few (if any), I think. We were all so overwhelmed by the steady flow of propaganda emanating from G & M and company, that I'm sure anyone who would have spoken this truth, especially during this time period, would have been perceived as a satanic channel. Good riddance to mind control (aka coercive persuasion).

Posted by: typer ()
Date: December 02, 2019 01:31AM

My wife and I have been visiting this morning about man worship and sticking one's head up another man or woman's butt. Satan said to Jesus, "all" these things I will give to you if you will bow down and worship me. Jesus said back to him, "Fuck Off." Ooops, I paraphrase. "Begone, Satan! For it is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him ONLY." Loving the Father and loving the world with the Father's love was all that mattered to Jesus … well, He also cared about destroying the works of the devil, the destroyer of all that is good.

When Marilyn asked "told" us to give our spirit to her; that was man worship at it's worst. Those given to that and being invited into her and G-man's chambers lost their ability to protect and care for the people; because that wasn't part of their Gary/Marilyn worship. Condoning or looking the other way while rape, pillaging and defaming people was rampant was OK because it was part of the requirement to protect the man-god Gary/Marilyn. After all, if your spirit was given to them; why worry about dumb sheep?

Does anyone know what the word "catharsis" means? It keeps coming to my mind.

When I finally started to see perversions being executed in this cult a little over a year ago by reading posts on this web site and Shalom's letter, and allowing myself to have a voice, and believing what had been done to me personally and to others was horrendous; I went through a couple of days and nights of extreme vomiting and also out the other end. Anyway, after that I started to love who God created me for the first time in a long, long time.

Catharsis - a purification of purgation that brings about spiritual renewal or release from tension. Elimination of a comlex by bringing it to consciousness and affording it expression.

May we all find this in the new year ahead.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 02, 2019 01:49AM

Yes, well said.

Date: December 02, 2019 04:29AM

Typer, thanks for the accurate insight on December 01, 2019 when you wrote" When Marilyn asked "told" us to give our spirit to her; that was man worship at it's worst. Those.. invited into her and G-man's chambers lost their ability to protect and care for the people; because that wasn't part of their Gary/Marilyn worship. Condoning or looking the other way while rape, pillaging and defaming people was rampant was OK because it was part of the requirement to protect the man-god Gary/Marilyn. After all, if your spirit was given to them; why worry about dumb sheep?...

When I finally started to see perversions being executed in this cult a little over a year ago by reading posts on this web site and Shalom's letter, and allowing myself to have a voice, and believing what had been done to me personally and to others was horrendous..."

Yes, "catharsis" is what we all need to heal- getting rid of the toxic control of M & G that has been festering inside our brain, our thoughts, our bodies, our soul and spirit.

No one can "forgive and forget' a 'deadly virus' while it is still infecting a body. IN order to survive a deadly virus one needs the right medication; fluids; rest and a cathartic way to eliminate all the poisons trapped in side.

It is miserable for while. But, once the body can come back into balance assuming the mental/ emotional / spiritual 'lungs', 'kidney" and 'liver' have not shut down then we will heal in stages. At the point when we are back to healthy function then we will not have to focus on barely surviving a "toxic deadly virus" as the Hargraves were.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.