Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 27, 2019 11:52PM

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 27, 2019 08:25AM

Reep, I’m thinking about John on his deathbed. I imagine, in a moment of clarity, he looked around the room and saw only his groupies. People he had created by feeding them fairy tales. And other people that wanted his power. It must have dawned on him that these people didn’t REALLY love him. They just wanted something from him. Or they were there as bondservants to The Apostle. And then he remembered Martha. The one who loved John the man. Just the man, not the apostle.

That sounds entirely plausible, puddington. I have also been told by someone who knows that Martha Stevens loved John for the rest of her life, in spite of everything. So my question is, if there is such a thing as a nephilim channel, which one was it? The one who loved her husband in spite of everything, or the one who became so infatuated with his own grandiosity that he needed worshippers attending him 24/7?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2019 11:58PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 28, 2019 12:35AM

R E E P

You forgot the Tramp of Israel in that nephilim question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2019 12:35AM by kBOY.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 28, 2019 12:44AM

Oh, you mean the one that was already not "keeping her spirit in her sneakers" around Gary Hargrave while her husband was dying? Excellent point, kBOY. ; )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2019 12:46AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 28, 2019 12:45AM

I'm thankful for this forum, and those who have come forward through the years to relate their personal experiences while in the Walk/TLWF, countering the false narratives that ensnared so many while in the cult. May it continue.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

p.s. closing in on 1.3 million page views

Date: November 28, 2019 01:10AM

"Insecurity is Satan at Thanksgiving."

(Mom spoke this from the cloud of witnesses. Hope it helps someone.)

Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: November 28, 2019 01:20AM

Good morning! It is the day before Thanksgiving. I am headed to see my dad and honestly have no idea how things will go this weekend. ( he was an independent Baptist minister who displayed many cult like tendencies as a leader) Here’s what I’m doing, I’m planning ahead what I will say if things become controlling. I will go to a coffee shop and work or I will go to a friends house for a visit. I will break up the situation so that it cannot take root. If I have to, I will go home.

To those of you who feel as though you have no family, you’ve been abandoned, your heart is broken during the holidays, my prayers are that you will find a safe place with friends or a gathering where you will not be alone. If you are alone, find something good to read or fill your time helping someone else.

With love
NorthernGate

Date: November 28, 2019 01:51AM

Thanks for the kind message, northerngate. And welcome again to this forum. Reep, Onion, Imapurple, JJJ, Cloudwatcher, Nancy B., Chachakitty, JJJ, ThatLittleRedFlag etc.--some strong voices here.

p.s. I thought briefly of going to visit your Dad during Thanksgiving, but I think it might be weird just showing up. Even for me.

Date: November 28, 2019 01:58AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, you mean the one that was already not "keeping
> her spirit in her sneakers" around Gary Hargrave
> while her husband was dying? Excellent point,
> kBOY. ; )

I forgot about that phrase, Reep. Yes, not a very good example of following her own directive (note: I was going to use 'dictum' instead of 'directive' but...nevermind).

Date: November 28, 2019 01:59AM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reep, I’m thinking about John on his deathbed. I
> imagine, in a moment of clarity, he looked around
> the room and saw only his groupies. People he had
> created by feeding them fairy tales. And other
> people that wanted his power. It must have dawned
> on him that these people didn’t REALLY love him.
> They just wanted something from him. Or they were
> there as bondservants to The Apostle. And then he
> remembered Martha. The one who loved John the
> man. Just the man, not the apostle.

yes

Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: November 28, 2019 02:14AM

Haha! Well, we could have coffee after his sermon to you about how rebellious and terrible influence you are! Isn’t it wonderful to become healthy enough to laugh?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.