Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 30, 2018 12:51AM

PUDDINGTON:

Unfortunately, the gifts we were expecting turned out to be a lump of coal in our stocking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 30, 2018 02:58AM

Lexicon additions...not sure if anyone said these yet. If not here you go:

Hit = Under Satanic attack or battle
Joshua Generation or Josh Gen = Children's group for those under 12
Wilderness = A time of confusion or unbelief
YASP = Young Adult Summer Program or Young Adult School of Prophets (for ages 12 to adult. (18?)

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 30, 2018 04:18AM

The lexicon should include the concept of "getting a word." I remember when JRS would tell people to get married and sometimes it was just so creepy. In my younger years I remember being in fear that JRS would tell me I had to marry some creepy ministry or ministry's son. All the "girls" feared that back in the 70's.

Not once did it enter our minds that we could say no. And didn't it mean we knew it would be a command from a man rather than a "word from God" if it scared us so bad? I guess not since we were being taught that God was constantly trying to break our spirits, put us in the cross experience, put us in the wilderness, make us go through devastation, etc.

JRS really taught us about an unforgiving God with mean intentions towards us. But at the same time, we could storm heavens, hit God under the eye, "pull it down" in reference to the fulfillment of a word or promise.

We were also taught to live in anticipation of promises being fulfilled. It became the norm for us to live in fantasy land because the fulfillment wasn't here yet, we were waiting for some big occurrence to usher in the kingdom on earth, etc. No wonder so many of us, especially from the second generation, were willing to ignore the need to plan for our future or our children's future - or even never to have children because the kingdom was coming on the earth.

I am angry that it is a miracle we survived. I'm angry that it is a miracle that we still have some sanity left. I am angry that our blind obedience fed the egos of men and women. I am angry that our decades of hard work filled the purses of people who still benefit from it even though they have been exposed.
I am angry that we still have to talk about this because so many more people are still in the walk prison in our minds and in our families who have stayed in.

I am angry that we get preached to about forgiving and moving on. I am angry that the principle of forgiveness is used against the wounded as a weapon of further harm. I am angry that forgiveness seems to be interpreted by many as a "NOT GUILTY" verdict. Judge not? Well, a Judge pronounces guilty AND not guilty.

Simplify and dedicate. Means, get rid of your shit and live for other people so they can have a bunch of really expensive shit.

Dichotomies and hypocrisy.

Dichotomy Definition: division into two mutually exclusive, opposed, or contradictory groups: a dichotomy between thought and action.

Ya' think?

Date: December 30, 2018 05:04AM

REEP & ONION:

Good call with the lexicon additions. (It is shocking how long it has taken for us remember some of our formerly 'everyday' vernacular.)

Also added:

Battle = Under Satanic attack or being hit
Storm Heaven = Violent intercession telling God what to do
Hit God under the eye = Violent intercession telling God what to do
Pull it down = Believing to appropriate the fulfillment of a word or promise from God
Simplify and dedicate = Get rid of your shit and live for other people so they can have a bunch of really expensive shit

I'll post a fully updated lexicon on Dec 31 just to finish out the year, so until then, keep those cards and letters coming.

(Whew, ONION! Time for a few Bloody Mary's.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2018 05:06AM by kBOY.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 30, 2018 03:17PM

Here’s a few more lexicon additions:

being passive in your spirit

And

living on tiptoe. Which is living in agressive anticipation for a fulfillment of a word.

Note: this was a very stressful way to live.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 30, 2018 03:40PM

Here’s another:

channel time

Date: December 30, 2018 07:00PM

PUDD:

ONION had mentioned somewhere that 'channel time' was 3:00 AM. (Right about the time of this post--PST.)

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: December 31, 2018 12:47AM

JRS = John Robert Stevens AKA: Brother Stevens, John

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: December 31, 2018 02:05AM

I always found it odd how we went from Brother and Sister to first names. I wonder the reason.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: December 31, 2018 04:10AM

Ohman? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JRS = John Robert Stevens AKA: Brother Stevens,
> John

Actually, he was Bob Stevens back in the day--people outside the fellowship knew him by that name--he was kind famous in a sense--notorious actually.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.