Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 10, 2018 03:25AM

BTW, is "spiritual wife" mentioned anywhere in the FP? It's been so long since I've read it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2018 03:26AM by changedagain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 10, 2018 03:58AM

These are fantastic! @Corboy and @Reepicheep - thanks so much for including definitions. @Onion, @Puddington, and @NavyVet79 - any chance you're feeling inclined to go back and add your own definitions to the ones you suggested? I only ask because some of these things either predate me or perhaps weren't as common at my facility as others.

What started as my attempt at sharing my story has turned into a booklet. (Note - NOT a This Week!!). I think it will be a helpful tool for people who are leaving TLWF and wanting to seek a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the larger Christian church world, and for pastors who might be trying to help them do so. Understanding and articulating the wrong teaching is important for getting away from it. I'm contemplating publishing it digitally and offering it as a free Christmas gift for anyone who is interested IF it gets done by them. I'd love to include as many relevant words and terms in the dictionary section as I can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2018 04:20AM by JesusJesusJesus.

Posted by: Liamthomasusa ()
Date: December 10, 2018 09:43AM

Hey Onion.... check your private messages :-)

Liam

Posted by: NavyVet79 ()
Date: December 10, 2018 11:16AM

Ok.
1.Coming at you: the spiritual leaning you're getting on a matter being considered
2.Going through it: struggling to come to grips with a testing in the spirit
3.Through dealing: died, ugh!
4.Nephi spirit: Crappy attitude
5.Corah spirit: Anytime you questioned anyone in "authority"
6.Holding it: Putting off answering ,spiritual sounding.

Lotsa luck, hope this helps some.

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 10, 2018 01:14PM

NavyVet79 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok.
> 1.Coming at you: the spiritual leaning you're
> getting on a matter being considered
> 2.Going through it: struggling to come to grips
> with a testing in the spirit
> 3.Through dealing: died, ugh!
> 4.Nephi spirit: Crappy attitude
> 5.Corah spirit: Anytime you questioned anyone in
> "authority"
> 6.Holding it: Putting off answering ,spiritual
> sounding.
>
> Lotsa luck, hope this helps some.

These are great! Well... in that deeply troubling sort of way. :) I had never heard of a Corah spirit. Sheesh!

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 11, 2018 12:07AM

Look at this dictionary that's been created.

TLWFSpeak is very different from

"Let your yes be yes, let your no be no, anything else is from the evil one."

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: December 11, 2018 01:04AM

A new day = nothing to see here. Move along.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 11, 2018 01:26AM

NavyVet79

Ok.
1.Coming at you: the spiritual leaning you're getting on a matter being considered
2.Going through it: struggling to come to grips with a testing in the spirit
3.Through dealing: died, ugh!
4.Nephi spirit: Crappy attitude
5.Corah spirit: Anytime you questioned anyone in "authority"
6.Holding it: Putting off answering ,spiritual sounding.

Lotsa luck, hope this helps some.

NavyVet79, awesome! To add some background to the spirit of Korah, it came from an Old Testament story that JRS and GH often emphasized. The story of rebellious Korah can be read in Numbers 16 or here: [www.chabad.org]

Basically, it was yet another gruesome example of what God will do to you if you question the leaders (the "authorities"). The ground will open up and swallow you and your kin. And if you are even sympathetic (another bad word) to Korah, you will die a horrible death from a plague.

To date, I have yet to hear of a Christian church in which the leaders would use this story to frighten people into thinking that the leaders cannot be questioned in any way. Cults, yes. Healthy churches, no.

Date: December 11, 2018 02:27AM

JesusJesusJesus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> These are great! Well... in that deeply troubling
> sort of way. :) I had never heard of a Corah
> spirit. Sheesh!

Numbers 16
It's the story of Korah and his sons being rebellious to Moses. God signified his support for Moses, and his anger toward Korah, his sons and all those sympathetic to them, by having the earth swallow them up. John used this scripture often as a warning to anyone who dare question his leadership, and those sympathetic to the rebellious. It was just one of many tactics he used to instill fear in his followers. This deep indoctrination explains in part why many kept silent when they witnessed obviously unethical, immoral acts committed by leaders over the years. Deep down they probably felt God (manifested through John, Gary, Marilyn etc.) seemed to be O.K. with it, so they must be missing something. It's an example of leadership using coercive persuasion to keep people in line.

"Will you Find God Unacceptable?"
answer: If you, dear leader, are claiming to be God--then Yes, I do. And I'm secure in that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2018 02:30AM by changedagain.

Date: December 11, 2018 09:12AM

Has anyone mentioned "losing your covering?" If not, that is a big one.
I think it has to do with the concept that God will protect you as long as you remain in the fellowship. If you leave, deciding to do your "own thing," the protection is removed.
The fact that so many bad things happened to people while they remained in the fellowship was conveniently ignored, downplayed or simply spun as the suffering you go through to become Sons.

p.s. if the earth beneath my computer chair opens up and swallows me whole, just take it as pure coincidence. Don't get spooked. Also, know that I love every one of you (in varying degrees), and I did my best to write honestly in this forum without being too boring. Carry on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.