Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Date: November 04, 2018 03:23AM

Hi Carl - So happy to see your name. Its hard to forget people that you spent hours and hours with working. I'll agree with you that there were some fun times doing the accounting manual, especially tasting those lime margaritas that Mary Wright made, and the gelato - yum, yum, yum! But for the most part, I also think it took a toll on a lot of families.

To address your comments on each of us needing to take responsibility for even finding ourselves in a cult, I will say this:

I hear you, but my answer is because it is a cult, and carries with it all of the insidious things that define cult-like thinking and responses. My parents weren't perfect, but they were loving. We were constantly talked to and provided with examples of right and wrong. Discussions of integrity, honesty, and the importance of caring about our fellow man were common at our dinner table (and, yes, we ate together every night). We were taught to think independently, and encouraged not to follow the crowd or give into peer pressure. We did not go to church because both my parents were fed up with being told to conform to certain ways (Baptist missionaries on my mom's side; church lady gossip on my dad's side from living in foster homes).

Yet, I still found my way into a cult. I have no excuses because there were many red flags along the way. I agree there there are so many activities and groups that exhibit cult-like practices, and I can only say, stay away. I guess what I am saying is my parents did what they should have done as far as raising me right. They should have had the expectation that this is something that I never would have done - but I did it. I've gone through my guilt. I apologize weekly to my son. I do everything I can to call out to those that are still involved. We are survivors, and I can make no excuses. I am just moving on to appreciate and enjoy what I have in the present.

Dave and I loved hearing from you, and seeing your words. You are always welcome in our home. Thank you for making the hours spent in that little room with our expenditure/revenue ledgers bearable - and for all the wealth of accounting knowledge that actually got me a great job (that I am now retired from).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, TGary John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: November 04, 2018 04:56AM

Hi all - I'm not dead nor have I reverted to my former life of a cult person. I was traveling to Colorado where I am staying with the lovely Rogue and her husband. Fun times!

I have more to add on the very crucial focus to: FOLLOW THE MONEY.

I've talked on the forum about how I used to be a lawyer but I also used to be the head of accounting for many years. I know a lot. I have a lot to say. I have a lot I can prove. I have a lot of ideas on where to look. I will share some of this info soon - I am getting caught up on the Shalom posts and add and asundry apologies. And more horrifying personal details than I ever imagined.

I have some excellent sleuths looking under a lot of rocks and thru a lot of public records. I hope that in the ccoming weeks, actions take to put an end to abuse will include ending all of the abuses in every area. Slave labor. Enormous financial improprieties including unimagineable personal enrichment off the back of volunteers and church money. The list is very long.

If anyone has specific information or fact linked suspicions, please communicate with me in a PM on this forum or thru facebook or my email. Mary L. Wyatt on facebook. PM me and I'll send my email address or you can find it on the letter I wrote Gary earlier in October and posted on this forum and on FB.

ONE SUGGESTION: If there is sincere sorrow among leaders, former leaders and current and former members, then disband the churches, sell the properties and put the money in a trust to pay restitution to the victims of the many layers of abuses from this organization.

Posted by: Bornintoit ()
Date: November 04, 2018 05:48AM

I feel the need to respond to the comment about having to blame yourself and be responsible for finding yourself in a cult. I was born in this “cult”. I am 58 years old. My grand parents and my mother have been apart of it since the late 50’s. I am a fish out of water as well as my mother and sibling. I say sibling cause everyone else was able to break away when they reached adulthood. My family is broken, most likely unable to repair so many wrongs done to them. With every wrong was someone was saying it was the Lords will and it will be taken care of in the spirit. I cried to my sister “I’m not crazy after all!” These things did happen and as a child I had no control over. I feel vindicated in some sick way. The day has finally come that has been promised for many years. Shout it to the roof tops Shalom! I’m crying tears of hurt as well as happiness if that makes any sense.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: November 04, 2018 05:57AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Leilani Potter To: Shalom From: Leilani
>
> "I truly and honestly do not believe that was me.
> If I knew of your attack, I would have protected
> you and reported it. I’m crushed I didn’t know
> what happened to you then. But I am here to
> support you now."

It is no different than telling Shalom she was crazy back then. IT is worse than disgusting

Date: November 04, 2018 06:02AM

Bornintoit -

So true - I guess we all have our own journey. I keep saying this to people, but I am thankful that we are being validated in everything that is going on. We are not crazy. Shalom has been phenomenal in leading us into this, but all have had a part in the healing and washing that is needed. I can tell you are feeling it!

Mary (Onion) -

I've yet to tell you how much I appreciate all that you are doing. You have always been one that I trusted, and never treated anyone as less. Dave and I are retired. I know that there are dozens of people that actually know what they are doing - especially in research, but if we can help in any way don't hesitate to ask. I'm retired as a financial analyst, but I always thought it would be cool to do forensic accounting. (Not to be mistaken with me knowing jack from shit.) Take care!

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 04, 2018 03:52PM

ONION:

"ONE SUGGESTION: If there is sincere sorrow among leaders, former leaders and current and former members, then disband the churches, sell the properties and put the money in a trust to pay restitution to the victims of the many layers of abuses from this organization."

I could not agree more. Current and former members who fully recognize the nature of this insidious organization should DEMAND nothing less.

Thanks again for all your efforts on our behalf. Dare I say 'Godspeed'?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 04, 2018 11:04PM

I bet at least a few of the old Factnet posters, assuming they're still around, would be pleased to see the recent developments which have finally exposed the sordid practices & hypocrisy of TLWF leadership. Of course, I know Larry and Paleface are still here going strong. I have attempted to contact Lamp from Ikea, but have heard nothing back. Perhaps there are sales at Ikea I am not aware of, and he/she doesn't want to be bothered. I don't think the unresponsiveness is personal, so don't feel slighted.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 04, 2018 11:44PM

Be sure to see the recent comments in the Shalom post FB. There are incidents being discussed that are really, really awful. And criminal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2018 11:48PM by puddington.

Date: November 05, 2018 05:48AM

Well, it's official! Announced at Shiloh this morni g, TLW is no more. It is being dissolved. Each church will be their own entity now. Members will decide what direction they want to take.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: November 05, 2018 07:26AM

But APCO is the governing entity controlled by GH. Did they say ApCo is closing? All the churches must change their Articles and Bylaws to make this effective and that requires written authorization from ApCo. We need further disclosure (imho).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.