Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 10, 2018 12:16AM

My wife has a dentist appointment scheduled for later this week. She wanted to put a reminder on my calendar that I needed to drive her there and back. I was tempted to respond as a TLWF authority ('I don't want your shit on my calendar') but just went an unenthusiastic 'O.K.' Sometimes extreme responses cause unnecessary long-term friction, and are not worth the short-term ego high you might get. That is something I have noticed in life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2018 12:22AM by changedagain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: September 10, 2018 09:41PM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My wife has a dentist appointment scheduled for
> later this week. She wanted to put a reminder on
> my calendar that I needed to drive her there and
> back. I was tempted to respond as a TLWF authority
> ('I don't want your shit on my calendar') but just
> went an unenthusiastic 'O.K.' Sometimes extreme
> responses cause unnecessary long-term friction,
> and are not worth the short-term ego high you
> might get. That is something I have noticed in
> life.

I got a court summons for a speeding ticket and I called and told them " I dont want your shit on my calendar"
Didnt work for me.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 10, 2018 10:06PM

Tmason Wrote:

> I got a court summons for a speeding ticket and I
> called and told them " I dont want your shit on my
> calendar"
> Didnt work for me.

“Touch not my anointed ones, do my prophets no harm!”

The court has no idea who they are messing with ;)

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 10, 2018 11:47PM

The doctrine of the 'upward flow' has had many deleterious effects on the sheep, the worst being classified as expendable, unless deep pockets had earned one a seat at some table regardless of spiritual maturity.

This feature alone solidified the hierarchical structure that determined values of individuals based on various ladder rungs. Since the top rungs were populated with heavy Kool-Aid drinkers with few available slots, nepotism played a large part in who was invited to imbibe.

Lower level rung dwellers only had value corresponding to their servitude capabilities, but once they were compromised they were easily discarded, as there were always more applicants ready to fill their shoes in the hopes of climbing a few rungs.

This left those who simply warmed the seats without significant contributions to be deemed unworthy of securing a spot on anybody's calendar, since any self-focus was viewed as contributing to the downward flow.

This led to one of the most loving statements in TLW history; "Shut up, sit down, and help me."

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: September 11, 2018 11:26PM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> This led to one of the most loving statements in
> TLW history; "Shut up, sit down, and help me."

Well said kBoy. Crap! I heard Marilynn say this many times. The classic mantra at the Blix house.

I heard an interesting term for all of this: “social manipulation”

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: September 12, 2018 02:22AM

Have many of you read the research works re: the walk by Woodrow Nichols? I don't know how I missed it in the 80's but it's likely if I heard about it I wouldn't have wasted my time reading something I wouldn't have believed.

Now I am reading his work and finding a lot of answers.

Here is a link to a short document by Nichols: [www.dialogueireland.org]

Here is a link to his 167 page research paper:
[drive.google.com]

I was very sad after reading these papers. Some of the information can be verified very easily by people who were around and heard about the "ex-witch" from JRS or Marilyn. I heard a little bit of the story of the "teddy beddy" woman from them as well. I was told she was Naomi Klein. Marilyn hated her. I've come to the conclusion that any women Marilyn hated were JRS' lovers prior to (or in some cases during) his affair with Marilyn.

Posted by: Tknc ()
Date: September 12, 2018 02:39AM

Every time a storm threatens to strike, it makes me very anxious and I can't stop wondering if it is judgement or assault. In my family, if it affected us directly it was assault. If it impacted someone else, it was deserved judgement, most likely brought upon them by our prayers or presence. Talk about a destructive and narcissistic view of the world. It's one I don't miss, but find myself looking back in those terms sometimes.

I know why storms trigger this for me. I visited New Orleans for work years ago and a month later Hurricane Katrina hit. When my parents saw how upset I was that this was happening to the people and the places I just met and visitied. I was told I was being too sympathetic and that I should be thankful for helping to bring judgement to such a godless place. I know I did not cause it, I know I did not shine a light on the town for God to see a modern day Sodom, but as absurd as it sounds I still feel partly responsible for it.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 12, 2018 03:52AM

TKNC:

The invasive tentacles of this harmful ideology are harder to extricate from some than from others. It is not difficult to see the latent PTSD still affecting your perception and your peace.

The power to free ourselves from these insidious side effects are decisions to simply keep letting them go every time they rise to the surface. By so doing, we start to free ourselves from their grasp, layer by layer, from something that was applied a myriad of times over a substantial period.

We generally do not free ourselves overnight, but rest assured that the light ahead will grow brighter still as we decide to let darkness go.

Posted by: Tknc ()
Date: September 12, 2018 03:55AM

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Posted by: Road to Damascus ()
Date: September 12, 2018 07:22AM

Thank you Onion for sharing the links. A real eye opener. Can not stop crying over this. Read all of both. Explains a lot .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.