Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: June 26, 2018 09:29AM

Looks like the Shiloh fireworks show this year will be small and private. Not open to the public.

[www.shilohamphitheater.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GoingRogue ()
Date: June 26, 2018 10:26AM

A little more gruff sounding from the Shiloh website. Does anyone know why they're stopping the public show?

Could the LW be turning inward again? Or is it just due to financial priorities?

[www.shilohiowa.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2018 10:41AM by GoingRogue.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 26, 2018 11:17AM

"The Shiloh 4th of July event is by private invitation only and is sold out to general public."

I haven't received my invitation yet :(

Date: June 26, 2018 10:24PM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "The Shiloh 4th of July event is by private
> invitation only and is sold out to general
> public."
>
> I haven't received my invitation yet :(

Dear God,

It's me, Rogue. I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you saved me out of that mess and I don't have to go to Shiloh "School of the Prophets Summer Camp" anymore. Please help the people that do. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Amen

P.S. Also please don't let changedagain get an invitation even though he/she really wants one. ;)

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: June 29, 2018 12:29AM

The newspaper article on the Shiloh fireworks says the shows cost over $75k. I wonder how much came in from the outside public as "donations" or entry ticket prices if any. Maybe someone finally figured out this was not a proper use of a nonprofit's funds and volunteers. Or, I wonder if the hinky way the public could "donate" was found to be unlawful. Or, I wonder if the huge expenditures of church money for the purpose of the "producer"'s playtime and ego is finally being curtailed. I wonder. . . .

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: June 29, 2018 12:55AM

Or maybe the “Producer” figured out that the money saved would eventually end up in his IRA account.

Date: June 29, 2018 09:01PM

Oh boy! Repentance, disobedience, judgment and Kingdom, to name but a few topics covered in the first SOP message. Plus, the temperature is 99 with 89% humidity. (With a side of flies and way too many people.) How would you like to be stuck in Shiloh right now?

[garyhargrave.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2018 09:04PM by GoingRogue.

Date: June 29, 2018 09:46PM

Gary:
"Judgement is something we will trigger."

Better hope it doesn't start with you first!
Matthew 7:1-2

Date: June 29, 2018 11:11PM

"For Moses, there was just one covenant that would make God the God for him and the people: the covenant of Abraham. Moses, however, had not circumcised his sons. As a result, God sought to put him to death (Exodus 4:24). We must search our hearts for where we have violated what God has asked us to do."

short letter home:
"It's 99 degrees with 89% humidity, and we're listening to a word from God about how we might be killed for our disobedience. What a wonderful start to my summer vacation, Mom and Dad. Thanks for sending me here!"

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: June 30, 2018 12:04AM

The fishing lures are set with hidden hooks. The "true meaning" of the miserable experience is laid out while there is no time to ask reasonable questions or consider another way. The (purportedly) only door of salvation is creaking open. No time to think. The ability for detailed reasoning is suspended. The fervor of the crowd is amped up and ready to explode. The big show will provide a release just in time to confirm "I belong here and nowhere else."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.