Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: June 13, 2018 12:07AM

Very interesting:

The author writes in www.apologeticsindex.org: “However, I am convinced, based on more than three decades of studying NRMs through participant-observation and through interviews with both members and ex-members, that these movements have unleashed social and psychological forces of truly awesome power. These forces have wreaked havoc in many lives—in both adults and in children.”
----------

Affirmation that it’s a fight against ‘social and psychological forces’ rather than a fight against the Universe. In our experience, TLWF’s cult (mob) mentality strong and secure in their little echo chamber, but otherwise, insignificant. Carl Sagan’s “Pale Blue Dot” quotes come to mind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: June 14, 2018 01:07AM

Don't forget, there is an extremely well protected storage vault (HUGE) underground at Shiloh where all confidential writings, books, etc., are stored. I've worked endless hours in that vault.

There were or are also large safes in several locations. My ex-husband and I both worked with the contents and inventories of every safe. Gems, gold, mnpt rumors.

Posted by: GoingRogue ()
Date: June 14, 2018 02:30AM

That is astonishing, Onion. Thanks for posting this!

Date: June 14, 2018 07:40PM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There were or are also large safes in several
> locations. My ex-husband and I both worked with
> the contents and inventories of every safe. Gems,
> gold, mnpt rumors.

Doesn't everybody feel better about working endless hours for "the Kingdom" after learning this info? I guess the leaders felt it was only fair. It's really hard work running a cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2018 07:56PM by GoingRogue.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: June 15, 2018 01:42AM

I should clarify. My information on the vault may be outdated. I have not seen it with my own eyes for aprox 15 years and it may have been converted to another function and it may no longer be a secret location. I can only tell you what it was built for and what it was used for originally.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: June 15, 2018 05:20AM

Onion - Was the vault created to hide assets from Martha? Or possibly the Mine court case? Or both?

Posted by: GSchaeff ()
Date: June 16, 2018 02:22AM

Today is a good day.

I have located the Factnet.org forum in its entirety:

[web.archive.org]

If you can't find it via the link, you need to start an account at archive.org. Type in the URL "factnet.org" there, and select a time before 2015. It takes a long time to load but it's there in all its glory-- including all the bickering and name-calling from current TLW members.

I also found a strange coincidence on archive.org when searching for "John Robert Stevens:"
The late, great gospel singer, Ethel Waters has an old vinyl uploaded. You can view it here: [archive.org]

Two things jumped out at me. The description said that "Dr. John Robert Stevens" provided a message on the album cover. Also, look up at the top right. "The WORD Productions" It even has the same sword through a bible imprint that TLW borrowed. What a coincidence! The record company was also based in Waco, TX, I found that a little amusing.

I don't want to take away from your posts, Onion and Puddington. That's a really important topic, especially the part about 'the vault' likely being created to secure documents about the various trusts. According to my source, "It's been rumored that Gary and Rick cleared out the contents of those safes in the early 00's in the weeks after one particular summer camp. The 'vaults' were likely in what is now the finance department, as well as a few storage rooms near service tunnel in the basement. Much of that has been shredded. It's doubtful anything remains at Shiloh on the gold mine. Those rooms are dedicated to Shiloh U now."

I'm sure Shiloh U has plenty of paperwork worth securing and eventually shredding in the basement as well!

Well my coffee is finished, time to go fight the 405 commute.

Date: June 16, 2018 03:03AM

GSchaeff...interesting is right! About the album cover, it says "Arranged by Paul Mickelson". He was Martha (Mickelson) Steven's brother!

Posted by: GSchaeff ()
Date: June 16, 2018 04:13AM

Wow, and Paul went on to play for Billy Graham for many years.
So you're telling me that "doctor" John Robert Stevens got to write a prayer on a record his brother in law was producing in 1960 for "Word Records," a production company for Billy Graham, that become worth $75M in the 80s.
JRS went on to name his church "the Living WORD" in the late 60s, and adopted a strikingly similar logo to that of the record company. I'm not sure what the exact dates were for the sword/Bible logo, or for calling it "TLW" versus just "the walk." but definitely a coincidence!

Date: June 16, 2018 04:46AM

Well, the San Fernando Valley Church was dedicated in 1965 and named Church of the Living Word. But I'm sure that the eerily similar logo and name is a coincidence. ;)

Also, I do remember JRS being referred to as "Dr. Stevens" at times. Why???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.