Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 24, 2017 06:49AM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I used to have a “standing order” for LW
> tapes. But eventually I realized it was actually
> a “squatting order”, so I cancelled it.

Were you cleared to receive every star (1-4) rating?

p.s. did you ever listen to a restricted tape with someone watching you to make sure you were not taking notes?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 24, 2017 07:34AM

To NickleandDime's comment about the hoagies and CA's comment about the restricted tapes, I recall a number of church members promoting healthy eating. I heard that in a restricted tape, JRS said the Sons of God would be able to eat nails. Spooky.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: October 24, 2017 08:43AM

Listening to early restricted tapes today would be a riot. Like the UFO ones. The restricted tape contents FCSLC shared. John calling at SLC member a "stupid whop" was "collector" series worthy.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: October 24, 2017 11:45PM

NickleandDimed - Thanks for the link on the differences between the teachings of mainstream Christianity and TLWF. I’ve come to believe that the real safety lies in following the teaching of Jesus himself, versus following a man claiming to have new revelation. Jesus said, “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” The quest to become one of John’s sons is simply contrary to what Jesus taught. John should have never taken the role of our Heavenly Father. So is mocking “God in the sky” and substituting it with designated relationships – “you have one father and He is in heaven” – not John and not a DR. At least the “Shepherding Movement” had enough sense to repent after examining the bad fruit of their doctrine. That’s where the narcissistic behavior we were talking about earlier is so evident – “It’s all about me and screw everyone else that may be wounded by what I do”. That is not love!

Many of us felt John had a revelation word that was unique to this generation. I later discovered it had been plagiarized from the teachings of the Latter Rain Movement - with the exception of exalting himself to the position of “Door Opener Apostle”. The key to the restoration of the five-fold ministries was that everyone would submit to him, as opposed to him serving others, as Jesus taught. Those that would not submit to him were considered Babylon, and would be judged. Over 60 years later, it has become very evident that it was false teaching – unless you are still under the spell and think closing your eyes to prophesies that did not happen and all the resulting bad fruit is an expression of faith. Anyone remember 1979? I asked about it and was taken out of any type of ministry for the next year - until I learned not to question anything. Those that have seen the series on Scientology will recognize the parallel.

Although he denied any involvement in the Latter Rain Movement, the Encyclopedia Dictionary of Cults says, “John Robert Stevens was one of many pastors who became interested and involved in the Latter Rain movement. As a result, the church of the Foursquare Gospel defrocked him in 1949. A few months later, he was admitted to the Assemblies of God. In 1951, the Assemblies of God also revoked Steven’s credentials because of his Latter Rain involvement. It was then that Stevens opened an independent chapel in South Gate, California, which was the first congregation of the Church of the Living Word.” One of John’s relatives thought I might like to know that they carted boxes of reel-to-reel Latter Rain tapes out of the basement after Martha died. Obviously they were planted by a Nephilim trying to discredit John – perhaps the same one that planted dinosaur bones to discredit young earth theology. It’s all just silliness and fear of the truth.

For a well-researched history of TLWF, “The Walk of John Robert Stevens” by Woodrow Nichols is a good source – even for those still in TLWF who would like to know more background on John. www.reflectionsfromthewall.net/uploads/2/4/6/8/24680235/jrs_the_walk.doc

Date: October 27, 2017 04:18AM

Larry:
<Anyone remember 1979? I asked about it and was taken out of any type of ministry for the next year - until I learned not to question anything.>

Yes, being a member of Mom and Dad's family meant to never question them, lest you no longer be part of the family. Such love and acceptance!

Date: October 27, 2017 04:19AM

NickleandDimed Wrote:
> Listening to early restricted tapes today would be
> a riot. Like the UFO ones. The restricted tape
> contents FCSLC shared. John calling a SLC member
> a "stupid whop" was "collector" series worthy.

Wow

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 30, 2017 05:43AM

larry bobo Wrote:
> That’s where the
> narcissistic behavior we were talking about
> earlier is so evident – “It’s all about me
> and screw everyone else that may be wounded by
> what I do”. That is not love!
>
> Many of us felt John had a revelation word that
> was unique to this generation. I later discovered
> it had been plagiarized from the teachings of the
> Latter Rain Movement - with the exception of
> exalting himself to the position of “Door Opener
> Apostle”. The key to the restoration of the
> five-fold ministries was that everyone would
> submit to him, as opposed to him serving others,
> as Jesus taught. Those that would not submit to
> him were considered Babylon, and would be judged.
> Over 60 years later, it has become very evident
> that it was false teaching – unless you are
> still under the spell and think closing your eyes
> to prophesies that did not happen and all the
> resulting bad fruit is an expression of faith.
> Anyone remember 1979? I asked about it and was
> taken out of any type of ministry for the next
> year - until I learned not to question anything.
> Those that have seen the series on Scientology
> will recognize the parallel.
>
> Although he denied any involvement in the Latter
> Rain Movement, the Encyclopedia Dictionary of
> Cults says, “John Robert Stevens was one of many
> pastors who became interested and involved in the
> Latter Rain movement. As a result, the church of
> the Foursquare Gospel defrocked him in 1949. A
> few months later, he was admitted to the
> Assemblies of God. In 1951, the Assemblies of God
> also revoked Steven’s credentials because of his
> Latter Rain involvement. It was then that Stevens
> opened an independent chapel in South Gate,
> California, which was the first congregation of
> the Church of the Living Word.” One of John’s
> relatives thought I might like to know that they
> carted boxes of reel-to-reel Latter Rain tapes out
> of the basement after Martha died. Obviously they
> were planted by a Nephilim trying to discredit
> John – perhaps the same one that planted
> dinosaur bones to discredit young earth theology.
> It’s all just silliness and fear of the truth.
>
> For a well-researched history of TLWF, “The Walk
> of John Robert Stevens” by Woodrow Nichols is a
> good source – even for those still in TLWF who
> would like to know more background on John.
> www.reflectionsfromthewall.net/uploads/2/4/6/8/24680235/jrs_the_walk.doc

The LW wasn't God's plan at all. We were victimized by a lie. We were taught the wrong expectations and the wrong information. Many have been seriously wounded by it.

My friend, who had the failed JRS arranged marriage, and I were discussing why doesn't God stop the cult leaders and shut them down. That was our idea of what God should do (lol). After all, the LW has been around since the 1950's. But that's not what the scriptures say. Cults are going to increase and get worse and worse. Lies and deception will be rampant.

It's better not to sit under a cult leader. That kind of mind control and teaching can sentence you to a life of debilitating and discouraging doubt. Doubting yourself, your self worth and doubting God.

We are all given a degree of skepticism for self-protection. I know now not to trust every man or woman who claims to represent God because you can be seriously wounded by it. There's nothing wrong with trying to make sense of what happened to you. There's nothing wrong with being angry about it. Some people in the forum have said they don't blame anyone or get over it or move on or we don't like it when you criticize JRS. Why are they trying to shut the victims down? Do they have any idea how deep the wounds can go and the resulting damage. I don't think so.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: October 30, 2017 06:45AM

I think there are many reasons. Why posters try to shut down other posters from speaking out about John and G&M. They can be in denial. Still under the spell. Or get a self esteem boost by shaming others. I'm superior to you because I don't blame anyone. Or you have an obsession. You're damn right I do.

I agree with you. Trying to make sense of it is not wrong. I'm thinking of all the questions Job had regarding his suffering.

A working link to Reflections from the Wall that Larry Bobo posted and recommended:

[www.google.com]

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 30, 2017 10:38AM

Like you suggest, maybe people don’t like posters here criticizing JRS or G & M because of denile. Perhaps they can’t face the fact that they invested the best years of their lives in something so false. It is very shattering when you realize what a fairy tale you gave yourself to. But when you move past that, it is pure freedom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2017 10:42AM by puddington.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 30, 2017 05:26PM

spelling correction: denial

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.