-------------------------------------------------------
> I find it interesting that Gary and Marilyn are
> talking up the present Pope so much. At some
> point, you would think the LW sheep would put two
> and two together and notice that G&M are not
> following the Pope’s leading in taking a life
> that isn’t so dripping with wealth. The Pope
> refuses to wear the red slippers or ride in the
> Pope-mobile. Instead, he drives an old Renault.
> Do you think G&M might take a hint from this and
> sell off their million dollar homes and expensive
> automobiles? Nah ! Probably never gonna happen.

It would be more than fitting if the Pope granted them an audience, and then rebuked them for their callous disregard for the welfare of those under their charge.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: December 08, 2013 12:02AM

Quote: changedagain---December 07, 2013:

“It would be more than fitting if the Pope granted them an audience, and then rebuked them for their callous disregard for the welfare of those under their charge.”

Quote: Dom Helder Camara ---- Brazil’s former archbishop of the poor:

"When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist."

Rebuked or not rebuked, odds are in favor of the TLWF leadership remaining rich and getting the glory when they so graciously bestow small gifts and favors on the poor sheep. Correcting any imbalance of power, wealth, structure and church government is to say the least------taboo.

So glad to be gone-----this forum is great.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: December 11, 2013 02:57AM

With all the Pope attention, one thing you can bet on is that Gary and Marilyn are telling the churches that all of this happened because they (G&M) created it with their prayers.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 11, 2013 08:23AM

paleface Wrote:
> With all the Pope attention, one thing you can bet
> on is that Gary and Marilyn are telling the
> churches that all of this happened because they
> (G&M) created it with their prayers.

Yes--and I hope the Pope is humble enough to realize how dependent he is on their prayers.

Posted by: Saw enough ()
Date: December 12, 2013 11:13AM

One of Gary Hargrave's rationales for why the Living Word Fellowship didn't have more of a worldwide outreach was that they were like Noah -- just by building an ark in his back yard he changed an age. At one point he said, "How do you know our prayers weren't responsible for Nelson Mandela?"

After their recent period of fasting and praying for the country just prior to the US elections, Gary asked the congregation, "How many of you were disappointed in the results of the election?" Most of the congregation, including Marilyn Hargrave raised their hands. Gary said, "See this is just what I was worried about? You were praying for the will of God and now you're getting hit in your faith because the candidates you wanted to win may not have won." But he encouraged them that they weren't just called to control the outcome of elections in the United States -- they were actually called to control the nations. That is a much bigger feather in their cap.

Many cults thrive on the knowledge that of all the special groups in the world, they are among the most chosen.

Date: December 13, 2013 11:22PM

Saw enough Wrote:
At one point he said, "How do you
> know our prayers weren't responsible for Nelson
> Mandela?"

Good point.
But then again, how do you know they also weren't responsible for the sign language interpreter at his memorial?

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: December 14, 2013 05:43AM

I used to think it was all carefully calculated to fool the sheep. But G&M seem to believe a lot of this stuff. Such hubris. These guys are batsheit crazy!

Date: December 14, 2013 10:34AM

Quote Saw enough: December 12, 2013 03:13am------“But he encouraged them that they weren't just called to control the outcome of elections in the United States -- they were actually called to control the nations.”

Quote paleface: December 13, 2013 09:43pm------“These guys are batsheit crazy!”

If God backs the crazies we’re screwed.

No difference: TLWF, Taliban and Tomas de Torquemada 1420 - 1498 (Grand Inquisitor of Spain): Under these agendas/regimes you can kiss all personal freedom and choice goodbye, assuming you’re still alive of course.

God help us all----what a nightmare.

Date: December 14, 2013 09:39PM

paleface Wrote:
> I used to think it was all carefully calculated to
> fool the sheep. But G&M seem to believe a lot of
> this stuff. Such hubris. These guys are
> batsheit crazy!

On a side note, Kim Jung Un manages to continue consolidating his power. Can't underestimate the craftiness and ruthlessness of the certifiably crazy...very dangerous for anyone that happens to be in their orbit.

Date: December 17, 2013 08:33AM

Prayer Wars:

Our Father in Heaven, please do not allow the TLWF to have special control over United States Elections or any other nations for that matter. Their cultic track record indicates a self-serving treachery against those they deem suspect/enemies. Please remain in control Yourself; sending both the sunshine and rain so impartially upon all. You alone are able to protect the freedoms I love.

Thank You, Amen.

(One thing I’ve learned from this forum: Our prayers are just as valid as theirs.)

Current Page: 43 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.