Current Page: 42 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: November 13, 2013 02:58AM

I purchased my copy of “Babylon Mystery Religion” at John’s recommendation during the “bring down Babylon” phase of TLWF’s history. It deals primarily with the Catholic Church and its roots to Babylon. I realize there is a strange comfort in staying within the confines of leaders, even if they lead us to do evil. It’s a very difficult spell to break. It frees us from the burden of thinking and personal responsibility - which we exchange for the familiarity of our own special group and its habits. This dynamic is by no means limited to TLWF. Neither the teachings of “Babylon Mystery Religion” or TLWF provide the freedom that comes from following the commands of Jesus without the human spin on his words. Humans should be viewed through the words of Jesus - not the other around - if we are going to have a plumb line to determine good and bad fruit.

The point I think needs to be brought to light is the deception TLWF uses to cover up its teachings. I personally would have more respect for them if they would just say they are not mainstream Christianity and the goal is to get people connected and submissive to Marilyn. The fact that it is hidden in the various libraries (SOP, Reference and Shepherds) until the time that the follower is properly deceived – I’m mean has a revelation – only reveals a sheep in wolves clothing. It’s typical bait and switch – they advertise a walk with God on the front end, but it ends up that they take the place of God and must be served in His place in the final outcome. It’s not the simple Christianity they pretend it to be. There’s no reason to have to sanitize sermons and websites if motives are not amiss and there is nothing to hide. When you step outside in the in-breeding, you will find that the rest of healthy Christianity they are attempting to imitate, does not function this way – only those groups with similar problems – leaders who want to be God.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: November 13, 2013 04:34AM

One thing I heard over and over again while in the Walk, was "You've got to get a revelation of John". Then it was "You've got to get a revelation of Marilyn."

Come to think of it, I never really got a revelation of either. I used to feel bad and unworthy about it. Now I'm just thankfull.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 14, 2013 11:03PM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One thing I heard over and over again while in the
> Walk, was "You've got to get a revelation of
> John". Then it was "You've got to get a
> revelation of Marilyn."
>
> Come to think of it, I never really got a
> revelation of either. I used to feel bad and
> unworthy about it. Now I'm just thankful.

Which reminds me...I think the best question ever posed to John was this one, uttered by Happy Clark:
'If you are not the Christ, then WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?'

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: November 16, 2013 01:17PM

>
>...Which reminds me...I think the best question ever
> posed to John was this one, uttered by Happy
> Clark:
> 'If you are not the Christ, then WHO THE HELL ARE
> YOU?'

I was at that service when he yelled that out. I just hung my head and smiled.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: November 16, 2013 02:04PM

The ‘god substitute’ TLWF shepherds have lied to us. They are lying when they say, “This is a Word from God for you.” If they had any integrity at all, they would say, “This is our opinion.”

They can speak truths, but it’s a lie when they come across as though they were Creator God Almighty-----The Source of Spirit/Energy/Consciousness undergirding all existence. They didn’t make the infinite universes, nor do they possess infinite knowledge, and in most cases they can’t even understand feelings or the nature of love and letting the “Kingdom Within” grow magically in the multitudes.

Destroyers. Substitutes. Unwanted intruders. Invaders. Pirates. The greatest thing I’ve learned from the “Walk” has become this: No one touches ‘my spirit’. It’s reserved for that which is far greater than anything I have encountered or been encountering here on earth.

It’s upsetting. Will we ever know why we were hooked/hoodwinked by this abominable sidetrack?

I wouldn’t mind joining Miller-------channeling some “Satan Stuff” towards the rip off impostors parading around on this planet as so called mouth pieces for the Creator God could prove interesting and even rewarding.

Getting our lives back is the name of the game. Since energy cannot be created or destroyed by humans, the human shepherds have no ‘lock’ on the present or the past--------anything I gave them in the past is now rescinded, I take it all back, I owe them nothing.

(These are my feelings-----sorry if they’re unacceptable)

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 20, 2013 11:08PM

FCSLC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> (These are my feelings-----sorry if they’re
> unacceptable)

Most everything written on this forum is unacceptable, probably because it comes from the heart.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: November 22, 2013 02:37AM

A huge benefit each of us can receive from our time in TLWF, or any similar group, is to finally be forced to examine the fruit. There is a reason God’s first command was that we have no other gods before Him. When we accept human substitutes, we end up with some weird distorted view of God - thinking He is constantly destructive in His attempt to “discipline” us. That’s the way humans treat each other – not the way God treats us. He causes the rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous alike. When you consider the abuse you forced yourself to endure in TLWF, thinking it was God, it is quite refreshing to find out He’s not like that at all. Of course He disciplines us for our good – but He has a goal in mind and it actually produces godly fruit, not just self- condemnation and slavery.

There is true freedom in Chris alone. Having a “revelation” that another human can take the place of God and give you a nature change or give you resurrection life in exchange for your obedience to them is simply a lie. I spent over 30 years in TLWF on both sides of giving and receiving “words from God” and in hindsight, having a good feeling about something, subject to my overseer's final approval, is not a word from God. Fortunately, we are not under the Old Testament law where prophets were only allowed one miss and then they rocked them to sleep. The present day “Prophetic Movement” would be obsolete in a few days if it had to abide by the same rules. If TLWF were to go back to John’s original teaching, “prophetic words” were to be confirmation of something God had spoken to you, not the initiation of it so that another human becomes the source of God to you. The hirelings insist that everything you do must be confirmed by them while they are subject to no one. Maybe their punishment will be that they have to submit to each other and fight over who gets to be god.

Date: November 24, 2013 11:41PM

Quote: larry bobo: November 21, 2013 06:37PM

[[A huge benefit each of us can receive from our time in TLWF, or any similar group, is to finally be forced to examine the fruit. There is a reason God’s first command was that we have no other gods before Him. When we accept human substitutes, we end up with some weird distorted view of God - thinking He is constantly destructive in His attempt to “discipline” us.]]

You nailed it: “Distorted view of God.” I need to change. Currently looking for that better view of God; one that will cure my acquired neurosis.

Date: December 06, 2013 03:28PM

When considering those “Words from God” spoken by the human shepherds in the “Walk” over the years, and the devastation, hurt and slicing & dicing of the ‘spirits’ of the underlings, some Old Testament Judgment would be a prayer answered. False prophets speaking lies out of their own fantasies and misguided dreams requires judgment; a necessary judgment put in place to protect the unsuspecting. Stoning is against the law in our time, but nevertheless, the falsehood and usurping mannerisms promulgated by the “god substitutes” belongs in a pit; a bottomless pit where the false prophet and false mannerisms and unfulfilled words are forgotten and removed from us forever.

After enduring thousands of hours of TLWF preaching, the following quote is so refreshing:

Thomas Carlyle: “Under all speech that is good for anything there lies a silence that is better, Silence is as deep as Eternity; speech is as shallow as Time.”

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: December 07, 2013 05:44AM

I find it interesting that Gary and Marilyn are talking up the present Pope so much. At some point, you would think the LW sheep would put two and two together and notice that G&M are not following the Pope’s leading in taking a life that isn’t so dripping with wealth. The Pope refuses to wear the red slippers or ride in the Pope-mobile. Instead, he drives an old Renault. Do you think G&M might take a hint from this and sell off their million dollar homes and expensive automobiles? Nah ! Probably never gonna happen.

Current Page: 42 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.