Testing one two three. Anybody here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: November 08, 2013 06:53AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Testing one two three. Anybody here?

Reading you loud and clear. Can someone tell me what "slc" stands for?

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: November 08, 2013 07:00AM

I was recently sent a video link of a TLWF sermon from Brazil regarding spiritual oneness with the leadership of the Catholic Church. Apparently some things have changed (“The body is so different now!”) since John wrote “The First Principles”. John concludes in Lesson 39 (if it has not been re-edited like many of John’s false predictions of world destruction during the 70’s) after tracing the Babylonian idolatry into the other nations of the world to which it was scattered that, “PAPAL POWER ACTUALLY COMES FROM BABYLON---FROM THE DEVIL.” (Capitalizations are John’s) Those in TLWF may want to read further in the same lesson what John said about the Catholic Church for themselves. I was disappointed to discover with this new revelation that I had wasted all those years screaming for the downfall of Babylon – especially as it had taken form in rival paint brush and clothing manufacturing companies. :) After 44 years of weekly “new levels and new revelations”, I really expected more insight.

If John’s conclusions are true about the Catholic leadership, and relating to the Harlot is an improvement to the current social circle of TLWF, then the in-breeding from isolation apparently has not been that healthy. Being one with the rest of the Body of Christ and loving one another are foundational truths – not new revelations. Of course they work. Everything Jesus taught works 100% of the time. Of course we are to love the leadership of the Catholic Church - but not just for personal gain. I’m still waiting for the “new revelation” that discovers, “As you have done it to the least of these my brothers, you have done it to Me.” Taking care of widows and orphans – those that cannot take care of themselves – is pure undefiled religion. It’s a natural result of God’s Spirit being in you – it’s how He loves through us. Using and discarding others when they can no longer serve your purposes is not. The struggle to be king of the mountain has left hundreds of wounded in its trail. I’m still trying to find “The greatest in the kingdom will be served by all” in the scriptures. I suspect it only applies to the dark kingdom.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: November 08, 2013 02:02PM

SLC stands for Salt Lake City, Utah. There was a “Church of the Living Word” in Salt Lake City, Utah named “Faith Chapel” from the late 1960’s to the mid 1980’s.

The original pastors were Herman Maxwell and Harold Bailey. Other pastors of note were: Bowman Littleton, Eddy Taylor, Chuck Longest, Paul McMeekin and Seth Bazzill. Some visiting shepherds were John Robert Stevens, Bill Arnold, Leland & Mel Bailey, Howard Klein, William Mabey, Vere Thomas, R.D. Cronquist, John Miller and even ‘Dad’ W.J. Stevens.

(Some spellings are most likely wrong ----- this was the greater part of the ‘Apostolic Company’ back in those days) The organist ‘Wayne Barton’ set up the sound system.

My wife says, “SLC stands for Simple Little Children”---------I can’t disagree.

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: November 09, 2013 01:45AM

FCSLC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SLC stands for Salt Lake City, Utah. There was a
> “Church of the Living Word” in Salt Lake City,
> Utah named “Faith Chapel” from the late
> 1960’s to the mid 1980’s.
>
> The original pastors were Herman Maxwell and
> Harold Bailey. Other pastors of note were:
> Bowman Littleton, Eddy Taylor, Chuck Longest, Paul
> McMeekin and Seth Bazzill. Some visiting
> shepherds were John Robert Stevens, Bill Arnold,
> Leland & Mel Bailey, Howard Klein, William Mabey,
> Vere Thomas, R.D. Cronquist, John Miller and even
> ‘Dad’ W.J. Stevens.
>
> (Some spellings are most likely wrong ----- this
> was the greater part of the ‘Apostolic
> Company’ back in those days) The organist
> ‘Wayne Barton’ set up the sound system.
>
> My wife says, “SLC stands for Simple Little
> Children”---------I can’t disagree.

Thank you. I recognize many of the names you posted. Bowman was one of the main ministries in the valley church along with Don Latzer and Peter Whitney. I was in Coniah Chapel in San Diego with RD from 1970-1976. We moved to Sepulveda in 1976 and then were sent to Phoenix in the summer of 1982.

Larry Lobo: I was wondering how Gary would justify his desire to be one with the Pope and praying for the destruction of the harlot. What a joke!

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: November 09, 2013 05:48AM

If you have ever read the book "Babylon, Mystery Religion" you will notice that it is nearly identical to the First Principles lesson on Babylon. I am now of the opinion that John lifted that whole teaching from that book or other similar sourses for that particular chapter. G&M have been trying to sanitize the FP for years to make it suitable for a wider audience.

Speaking of sanitizing, it is interesting how little cultly hits you get with LW leader's names these days when you do a Google search.

Date: November 10, 2013 11:58PM

I remember reading, “Babylon, Mystery Religion”. It was spooky; made you look at ‘all others’ with suspicion, as well as sparking many conspiracy theories, moreover, it supports an unhealthy viewpoint of a world under demonic influence.

Kind of a drag: Because the ‘Walk’ itself could be given the same classification. The one has left a wake of torture and physical death while the other has certainly scarred many in their spirits.

Does anyone know why the TLWF is so preoccupied with submission and hierarchy? I just don’t get it. Being a lord over someone seems wrong, whereas having fun and agreement with a bunch of friends is pretty close to “heaven”.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 11, 2013 10:48PM

If and when I get my chance to deliver lesson 39 of the First Principles to the Pope, and he has had time to read it, I'll do my best to reassure him that the The Living Word Fellowship deeply accepts him and has faith for what he is doing in the earth. I know this will be meaningful to him.
Also, on a much lesser note, I am going to continue to pray for Miller, even though he now channels Satan.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: November 12, 2013 05:01AM

OK ChangedAgain, you get the Oscar award for best sarcasm in a RR post. Bravo! : )

Date: November 13, 2013 02:25AM

Quote: larry bobo on 11/07/13

“Using and discarding others when they can no longer serve your purposes is not. The struggle to be king of the mountain has left hundreds of wounded in its trail.”

That’s a loaded statement to be sure. There are those who are not content with ‘The Kingdom of God Within Them’. They have a greater need to be ‘king of the mountain’. The pope is at the top in the church world (membership wise, anyway); make friends with him and advance your own agenda.

Are the members of TLWF actually praying for this? There was a perverse desire to control the nations back when I was a member------it must still be there.

Whacko’s------controlling the world is nothing but a big headache!! ------- A distraction from what’s really important. (imo)

Maybe that’s the reason so many were pushed out or left of their own accord because they were unwilling to march in an earthbound army run by imperialistic humans.

Current Page: 41 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.