Current Page: 34 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: August 18, 2013 04:25AM

Chaos, if you Google "Factnet Hargrave" you get links. Try different keywords and you should find old threads.

Try this link:

[factnet.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: August 18, 2013 05:49AM

Changedagain - Quote:

I knew this man well. I watched him being dismantled by those he had entrusted himself to. He gave me forewarning what was coming. When he was eventually stripped of his ministry, and no longer with his wife, I was made aware of the attitude I was to have toward him...which I never accepted. He did not diminish in my sight, nor in my wife's. The merciless treatment bestowed upon him from Marilyn and Gary finally forced me to recognize what they were really about...power, and all the ugliness that goes along with it.
------------------------------------

Changedagain,

This is some of the Why's and the How's I found when I began looking to the Lord to understand why & how such things could have taken place between brethren.

Before this man's spouse which we both knew, was told to divorce her husband, there were many marriages destroyed in this way -. And most went on with their own lives, as if no wrong was being done, because a majority of both the ministry and the congregation believed that G & M had authority from God to destroy the relationship between those married .

Do men really have authority from God to destroy the relationship another man has with his wife or the relationship a wife has with her husband?

The answe is NO because,

Christ is the spiritual head of the church, He is Lord over all. As Lord - His Word stands and regarding marriage, He instructed, " Let no man separate what God has joined together." When a man marries , a man cleaves to his own wife and the relationship of the woman, is her desire shall be for her husband They are no longer two, when they marry - they become ( One ) flesh.

Separating some one from their spouse - in order to take one spouse away from the other spouse - because one spouse is not spiritually and mentally faithful to a person ( who is outside of their marriage) - is perverse as well as to be - disobedient to Christ.

Luke 12: 39 But be sure of this, If the head of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming , he would not have allowed his house to be broken into.

If you are relating to any one on this earth as if they are your Spiritual Father - you better end this kind of relationship with that person or persons , because your relationship with your spouse, may be torn asunder, at will, by those who are to be no more and no less - to you , than being your spiritual brothers.

If you continue to relate to any one as being your spiritual Leader, other than Christ, who is seated in heaven at the right hand of the Father , then you may find your house being broken into by one, who is no more than a thief and a robber.

This is what I came to realize was one of the why's, of how a man's house could be plundered.

Definition (plundered) : to seize wrongfully or by force, steal.

Posted by: Chaos1952 ()
Date: August 18, 2013 06:57PM

Well, it's Sunday again. I guess I'll go to church again. Sometimes I get the urge to just change title around a little and go on a chant, "we just loose the Bishop, we demand a free Bishop," or "YES THAT'S RIGHT." Oh well, I guess I'll just keep myself together......

Date: August 19, 2013 07:39AM

[www.youtube.com]

Who chose the title "queen of heaven" for Marilyn? Did she choose that title for herself? interesting, when you research that title as to the meaning of it given historically.

Date: August 19, 2013 02:34PM

Walking in the Shadow of the Walk - Personal Freedom Outreach

John Robert Stevens is mentioned down at the bottom of this link, if it shows up. It's pretty interesting article, entitled WALKING IN THE SHADOW OF THE WALK. The manifestation of the sons of God theology is going mainline, or at least many are trying to get in mainline. This article is about a man that has been on Christian television. He started out in the Walk, with no theology school at all, became a pastor in the Walk under JRS.

Date: August 19, 2013 02:38PM

Sorry that link in the previous post didn't come out, but that can be googled, simply type in Walking in the Shadow of the Walk. I think we all have a lot of conditioning we have to unlearn if we are going to really move on with our spiritual lives. We need to get it settled. I think this article will help us to look at all of this and see what we should hold onto, and what we should let go.

Date: August 19, 2013 03:25PM

[www.youtube.com]

This dude has an interesting view on spiritual covering. We have all been faced with that issue. There was a pastor in Atlanta that conned one of the fellowship here into working two full time jobs and another part time job, in all working one hundred hours a week to support his sorry butt. So here goes.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: August 19, 2013 05:22PM

Chaos, I read the PFO write up on FF. That was quite a diatribe. Someone went thru a lot of work to try to discredit Francis. There was a reference in there to this: "John Robert Stevens and the Church of the Living Word ('The Walk')," Spiritual Counterfeits Project Newsletter, September 1976; and Todd Ehrenborg in Walter Martin, The New Cults. Santa Ana, Calif.: Vision House, 1980.

Has anyone ever seen this? It's unpublished or out of print. Hard to find. Anyone have a copy?

Date: August 19, 2013 10:05PM

paleface
Chaos, I read the PFO write up on FF. That was quite a diatribe. Someone went thru a lot of work to try to discredit Francis. There was a reference in there to this: "John Robert Stevens and the Church of the Living Word ('The Walk')," Spiritual Counterfeits Project Newsletter, September 1976; and Todd Ehrenborg in Walter Martin, The New Cults. Santa Ana, Calif.: Vision House, 1980.

Has anyone ever seen this? It's unpublished or out of print. Hard to find. Anyone have a copy?

Paleface, that's a good article. JRS was off on a tangent, a mile off, but by the time that line of thought reached the next generation, it is now a universe off. Placing a value on the spoken word on the level equal or now even above scripture gives these new age leaders the right, at least in the closed structure of the Walk, the right to order people to do things that are unscriptural, such as get divorced. It will be interesting to see just how far the Walk goes. I think it is fertile ground for a major situation at any time. At some point, they will "give a word" to break up somebody's family and it will be the wrong person's family. Or, it could be that Gary and Marilyn will just sell out all the property they have accumulated and take off and let the "sheep" wonder around alone till they find another guru to follow.

Date: August 19, 2013 10:06PM

Paleface, that's a good article. JRS was off on a tangent, a mile off, but by the time that line of thought reached the next generation, it is now a universe off. Placing a value on the spoken word on the level equal or now even above scripture gives these new age leaders the right, at least in the closed structure of the Walk, the right to order people to do things that are unscriptural, such as get divorced. It will be interesting to see just how far the Walk goes. I think it is fertile ground for a major situation at any time. At some point, they will "give a word" to break up somebody's family and it will be the wrong person's family. Or, it could be that Gary and Marilyn will just sell out all the property they have accumulated and take off and let the "sheep" wonder around alone till they find another guru to follow.

Current Page: 34 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.