Current Page: 5 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 02, 2010 05:24AM

Congrats on being clean and sober for over 11 years, Jerry--and welcome to the forum. Based on your walk history it's unlikely our paths crossed--but I'm sure you'll find someone here that knows you.
My name is Mike, BTW.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lavender ()
Date: March 25, 2010 01:01AM

Do you remember "The Land" in Tollhouse. I lived their in the late 60's early 70's and my father was the pastor of the church in Clovis. I am no longer affiliated with this church. Just curious if anyone remembers it.

Date: April 13, 2010 04:32AM

Amos
Actually it is not working out -- those folks are nuts!

Amos,
I received an email today from a friend that spent as much time, actually more, in this group than I did. What he wrote, excerpted below, reflects my own attitude. Here goes:

'The more things "change" the more they stay the same. You know what's amazing? After year after year after year of 5-7 services a week, endless listening to tapes, and all the activities, can you point to one person who's not basically the same person they've always been?
So really people are who they are -- but it's a little easier to live this life when you're not cluttering it up with 80 hours a week of trying to figure out how to please somebody else.'

Amen.

Posted by: Amos ()
Date: April 13, 2010 10:42AM

The shame of it all is that all of us who were part of that, and gave our lives to it, hoped for something better. I am not so sure that the problem is that we cannot change, or did not change -- the problem is that the yardstick we used to measure change was given to us by people who forgot to use it on themselves first.

Date: April 13, 2010 11:06PM

Amos
the problem is that the yardstick we used to measure change was given to us by people who forgot to use it on themselves first.

The default mode (post-John) was to blame the people for things not working out. The "word" and directives were never the problem, of course. Nor was the fact that all the real power (decision-making) in the organization was vested in just a couple people...resulting in a suffocating, fear-based environment. Again, something I do not miss.

Date: April 29, 2010 12:41AM

My name is Debi and I was in the walk for 20 years in Ohio. JRS is the reason I'm getting help now in my life. I had the arranged marriage.

I'm happy you are free from that place and moving on. God Bless your journey.please write and we can chat . thanks

Date: April 29, 2010 12:47AM

you said it .....is any one out there to listen??????

i just found this place and i was in the walk for 20 years. i had the arranged marriage and worked in the kingdom businesses. it was a hard life but made me tough..

i have 3 sons who were born into the group and are out now but the damage has been done. please reply and we can chat....debi

Posted by: aannonymouse ()
Date: April 29, 2010 01:06AM

Hi Debi, What years were you in? Were you in the Valley church or if not where?

Posted by: aannonymouse ()
Date: April 29, 2010 01:08AM

Oh Debi, I just saw that you were in Ohio, so you don't have to answer that question.

Posted by: surferjer ()
Date: April 29, 2010 07:14AM

Hi, aannonymouse, Were you in the valley church? I spent a season there in the mid to late 70's.I'm sill wondering if there's anybody out there I know. I am glad you guys are out there. God Bless Jerry

Current Page: 5 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.