Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 26, 2023 07:36AM

"There's always going to be casualties."
Reep shares a post from May of 2018 by Puddington:

Posted by: Reepicheep
Date: May 19, 2020 01:54AM

An interesting post regarding the shepherding requirements in TLWF. People were hurt. JRS and G&M were culpable. They knew of situations and wrongdoing. They did not report it to the proper authorities and even participated in cover ups.

Posted by: puddington
Date: May 06, 2018 12:24PM

There was one situation of sexual abuse that I was familiar with. It had to do with a sheep submitting themselves to an elder as their “designated relationship” and as “christ in the flesh”. The elder took advantage of the situation and coerced sex acts with this sheep against the sheep’s will. The person was devastated. G&M heard about it and thankfully removed the elder. At a meeting about this, someone asked Gary an interesting question. The conversation went something like this:

“Gosh Gary, maybe we need to rethink this whole shepherding over each other idea. It seems to give too much power over people who can become abusers”

Gary’s response “ We don’t need to change anything. This is just collateral damage in the battle for the kingdom. There’s always going to be casualties.”

So yes, G&M didn’t sanction the abuse. But they didn’t do anything to correct the environment for this abuse to breed. It’s still like that today.

The only effort they made was to direct the victim to keep quiet about it. I think this makes them culpable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 28, 2023 11:51PM

Even though a part of me wants it to be true, I did the research and Holy Jim Canyon has not been renamed Horny John Canyon--damn it.
Anyway, wishing everyone in this forum a pleasant Memorial Day. Much gratitude to those who fought in real battles to protect our freedom,
and provide more opportunities for a better life.

Date: May 30, 2023 11:50PM

If anyone has a 1979 Victory Siege poster they are willing to sell, please PM me. A warrior friend of mine is interested in purchasing one, depending on price and condition.
Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2023 11:53PM by changedagain.

Date: May 31, 2023 12:53AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And one more thing, to Ms. "Monitor" and Mr.
> Davison, I don't recall ever teaching either of
> you to treat some people better than others. You
> didn't learn that from me. Respect leaders, yes.
> But squash people who deserve to be heard by those
> leaders? Absolutely not.

Sometime before this life is over, Ms. Monitor and Mr. Davison must say no
to Gary A. Hargrave. As unnerving as that might be, it can be done.
This forum is inhabited by people who took this vital step.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2023 01:13AM by changedagain.

Date: June 01, 2023 11:21PM

From Sept.2018

Posted by: reveal
Date: September 03, 2018 12:06PM
(excerpt)

Does anyone remember Gary bringing that word about his mother and how the church she was attending didn't see her for a year and yet didn't ever reach out to her? He was blasting them for it, and I remember thinking, "Uh...do you and I attend the same church? Because that kind of shit happens here ALL THE TIME." There just seems to be no genuine concern for people. I don't know if it's even possible for the Fellowship to change because at this point, their way of doing things is so ingrained in its culture.

I think this is referred to as hypocrisy, reveal. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2023 11:24PM by changedagain.

Date: June 01, 2023 11:38PM

A few posts from March of 2020:

Posted by: typer
Date: March 18, 2020 09:52AM

Changed Again: thank you. Yes, we were very fortunate.

In my little interaction with Donna Hargraves: she seemed very sweet. My wife and I were very poor when our first-born was born in Dec. 1980. When he was about 1 & 1/2, a friend in the Valley LA church paid for me to go to a class for our baby (kind of weird now, teaching a baby flash cards for an early start on his education). I got a certificate when completed (May 16, 1982) from the Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Donna was in the class with me. I think her baby was older than ours. My wife made a baby quilt for her when her baby was born. Donna seemed like a very full of life person. I wish her and her daughter the very best.

Posted by: changedagain
Date: March 18, 2020 10:11AM

My wife used to babysit (on occasion) Donna's child ('Dawn Donna'--I believe). You're right--Donna was 'full of life,' relatable and dauntless. What she went through during that time period of Gary hooking up with Marilyn was unconscionable. I was a different person then, and sure I joined the throng in not being 'sympathetic' to someone now out of favor with 'God,' represented (of course) in G & M.
Yuk.

Posted by: typer
Date: March 18, 2020 11:00AM

Changed again: Yes, I remember constantly having it crammed down our throats that Gary had chosen a "higher" calling by divorcing Donna and devoting himself to Marilyn, the lamp (tramp) of (of what, I can't remember). We were told, Donna had chosen a lower Christian path that didn't require discipleship.

In reality, Donna followed the higher path, one of integrity and protecting her daughter from an adulterer (Gary) and Marilyn, also an adulterer, following in the footsteps of JRS, a multiple adulterer. I see a theme here.

Date: June 01, 2023 11:50PM

It appears there is still some interest in what is being posted here:

Discussion group stats:

Comments: 12,306

Page views: 3,344,525

(posters with 'right spirit': very, very few)

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: June 02, 2023 09:16AM

Hi y'all. Just wanting to check in and say hi. There are former members out there that, even in our old age, are starting to remove the layers of torment that were courtesy of TLWF, the Walk. This may go on for many years to come. Oy.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: June 02, 2023 10:07AM

Hi Onion,
Nice to hear from you. Yes, so much water under the bridge. So many layers of damage. May we all find some closure and peace.

Date: June 05, 2023 09:38PM

Going back in time, spending countless hours commuting to work, I would often get stuck behind some driver with what I considered a useless bumper sticker on their vehicle. My first thought after reading these stickers, an involuntary behavior, was usually 'Why does the public need to know this?'

A few examples:

'My boss is a Jewish carpenter.'
'My pastor is a dentist.'
'My therapist committed suicide.'

Anyway, just thought I would vent a little. Hope everyone has a pleasant, carefree Monday.
Hang in there!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.