Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 22, 2023 09:06PM

A few posts from August 2018:

Posted by: reveal
Date: August 20, 2018 09:21AM
(excerpt)

Some interesting food for thought...Knowing that TLWF monitors this site and reports its findings back to Kevin and Gary, isn't it telling that rather than using the information they find here to help fix what is broken and wrong about the church, they instead threaten and persecute those who speak out? If they spent even a fraction of the effort they put into the persecution of those who are exposing what is wrong, into using the information to rectify the deep problems in the organization, perhaps there would be hope for change. The mere fact that they use what they see posted on here to vilify former members is proof of how Godless the organization is.

Posted by: changedagain
Date: August 22, 2018 11:05AM

I hope I am not the only one who answered the latest confidential TLWF survey this way. Boy, I'll be in real trouble!

Name something you have received by serving Christ in the Flesh
PTSD

Posted by: cultfree
Date: August 22, 2018 01:46PM

Hey changedagain. Is there a real anonymous survey going around? Is it being circulated by TLWF, or someone else?

Posted by: changedagain
Date: August 22, 2018 02:34PM

No, there is not cultfree--at least to my knowledge. But my answer is accurate, if that survey existed. BTW, I don't think anything was ever confidential/anonymous in that organization. Most of the time, from what I surmised, you were asked questions mainly to probe whether you were loyal or not to leadership. I don't think anything else mattered.
Any information you provided could and would be used against you.

p.s. obedience, obedience, obedience

Posted by: TheycalledmeJonah
Date: August 23, 2018 03:46AM

I decided to listen to a recent TLWF message the other day so I could hear the message completely objectively.

The main point of the message was this:

If you are obedient to God and his will for you, you will not die. If you do not obey God and his will for you, you will die.

Its really nice to hear how crazy that sounds and be able to separate myself from it. When I was in the church I kinda figured that I would kick the bucket even if I tried my hardest to do the will of God. I don't know whether it was because people who were "doing the will of God" were continuing to die, or if it was because I honestly knew I couldn't keep up with all the words adding onto God's will for me.... it was kind of becoming a long list... but I always believed that after a long life of trying to do God's will I would eventually die. There were words that Gary brought that sometimes made me think differently though. He would talk about the Kingdom coming to Earth and it kind of felt like paradise would eventually come down to earth and save us all from our inevitable deaths. But whatever.

So after listening to the message, and hearing the congregants cheer and agree when the speaker spoke of eternal life, I've found another piece of control the leadership have over the congregants.

If you obey the word of God (aka, what your pastor tells you) than you will live forever! Hurray! But... if you don't listen, then boy oh boy... you've got some consequences waiting for you. Heck, penalty of death isn't good enough for the leadership, no! If you don't do what God (pastors) say, then the pastors will help deal out Gods judgement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 22, 2023 11:19PM

I honestly knew I couldn't keep up with all the words adding onto God's will for me.... it was kind of becoming a long list...

My recommendation is that you read the book of Leviticus, TCMJ. I think that will simplify things. ;)

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: May 23, 2023 12:12AM

Wow! You really do find and repost great observations, Changed. I like Reveal's takeaway from the time my husband received the anonymous letter. It was from someone claiming that it's their "job" to monitor this forum and report activity back to Gary and Kevin. And it was asking him to shut me up and keep me from posting here. Reveal said "If they spent even a fraction of the effort they put into the persecution of those who are exposing what is wrong, into using the information to rectify the deep problems in the organization, perhaps there would be hope for change." Exactly.

And guess what? If that...ahem...monitor is still monitoring, please tell Kevin Davison that the me that knew him when I was his Jr. High Sunday School teacher in Iowa is extremely disappointed in what he has become. I expected far more from such a talented student. And I'm also very disappointed in the "monitor", who I believe was also a student of mine in the "Kingdom School". Shame on both of you for treating others that way! Oh, right...upward flow. Only Gary A. Hargrave and his in-crowd matter. Well, that's incorrect. Be better than that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2023 12:35AM by Reepicheep.

Date: May 23, 2023 01:00AM

And one more thing, to Ms. "Monitor" and Mr. Davison, I don't recall ever teaching either of you to treat some people better than others. You didn't learn that from me. Respect leaders, yes. But squash people who deserve to be heard by those leaders? Absolutely not.

Date: May 23, 2023 03:28AM

Posted by: Richard M.
Date: February 21, 2019

But one thing I was sure about was the insidious scheme of creating what was known as the woman group of "intercessors," some five or six?, ostensibly protecting Stevens from "demons." For me, a joke of monumental proportion. While it might be embarrassing to some from revelations of the past, and with the truth confronted in the light of a new day, in reality they were likely more concubine recruits than were ever protecting Stevens from anything. I just find it hard to apologize for my perception of the truth. At that point, Marilyn was so deeply engrossed in the "Word" and as one of the intercessors herself, that she became more open about it and kept trying to convince me that this incredible folly was somehow sane. It wasn't . . .

The above post by Richard M. was quite enlightening to me. The "intercessors". That was a special designation of certain women surrounding JRS. They allegedly protected him,from witchcraft, demons, and nephilim. It always seemed odd to me that this group of ladies always seemed to have the inside track on all things pertaining to JRS. My mom was part of that group. For all the rabid teaching on submission and divine order, why were these particular people the ones who had all the inside info? Sadly, Richard M.'s explanation seems the most likely to be true. And later on, I suppose that most or all of us graduated to the intercessor status. Good grief.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2023 03:30AM by Reepicheep.

Date: May 23, 2023 06:42AM

Changed wrote:

Question: Name something you have received by serving Christ in the Flesh
Answer: PTSD

Ding! Ding! Ding! You win. I think that we all got a hefty dose of that!

Once I was filling out one of those 360° evaluations. Lol. At the very end it asked what TLWF could do better. I wrote about not understanding the Christmas truck. Why did we have to do that, it didn'tmake sense, it was dangerous... Well, I read that to another person, who seemed taken aback. "You're actually going to SAY that?" was their response. So I erased all that and instead wrote in some kind of ridiculous complement disguised as a suggestion. *Sigh*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2023 06:43AM by Reepicheep.

Date: May 23, 2023 09:15AM

At the very end it asked what TLWF could do better

The Elijah/Elisha dynamic needs to be reworked a bit. As a starter, I suggest allowing Elisha to control Elijah at least one week in every month. Elisha would select the week, which could vary month to month.

Anyway, thanks for granting me the opportunity to be honest without the fear of retribution. I appreciate it!

(signed using someone else's name)
/s

Date: May 23, 2023 11:06AM

Immediately greenlight moves to Iowa City for church members who are not afraid of getting lost.

Date: May 23, 2023 08:44PM

More living word messages about the dire consequences of losing one's covering as a direct result of not being fully obedient to church authority. The younger generation, especially, can not get enough of that!

signed,
'Iron' Rod
#FlyEagleFly

Date: May 23, 2023 10:00PM

Hmmm...along the same lines...

What could TLWF do better?

Gary should definitely bring more sermons with the theme "It's a new day". You can never get enough of that BS. (GAG)

Signed,

Susie Submissive (also GAG)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.