Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 10, 2023 09:41PM

A few posts from Imapurple:

Posted by: Imapurple
Date: May 27, 2019 08:20PM

So All of this is very interesting. So much history, so much hurt. I’m new to this but have been reading it for years. I was VERY involved in the back side of all this with JRS , G&M , Rick and everything that was going on at Blix, CLW, TLW and Shiloh. I just want to say I have so much love for so many and know a great deal of healing is still needed for so many including myself. I wasn’t going to post anything because I didn’t see it to be necessary or maybe it was just fear. At least this is a start

Date: October 09, 2019 07:15PM

i remember being over at G & M’ s once and they were talking casual about how in the future, unless you you had at least three or four million in the bank you’d be in real trouble. Your life would be really horrible and you wouldn’t be able to make it. I remember leaving the house that night feeling so defeated and down knowing I would never have that kind of money and wouldn’t be able to cover my family. Now I look back and think what a horrible thing to say around someone like me who they knew wouldn’t be able to do that. It also showed me their drive for money and how to get it no matter what.

Date: October 31, 2019 07:52PM
(excerpt)

I remember one time while in Shiloh G&M putting Donna down and thinking something was really really wrong with all this. Also them showing me a check for 30k that someone had just given them. I was just thinking wow! I’m here at my own expense ( in Shiloh ) wondering if I can pay my rent and you’re showing me this . Looking back I find so many things that were so so wrong and it keeps coming up every day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 40yearsin2016 ()
Date: April 12, 2023 03:48AM

NY Times article by David French this week contrasts the drive for wealth and power expressed by some current day Christians with the actual message of Christ at Easter; that those who would be greatest amoung you should be the servant of all. [www.nytimes.com] It's a perspective that shows that LWF and the entire Sons of God theology was wrong headed from the beginning.

Date: April 12, 2023 04:18AM

True

Date: April 23, 2023 05:14AM

I can't overstate how important communication skills are in making things happen. Because this request was perfectly phrased, I checked my inbox right away. Otherwise, I probably would have waited 6-8 months or so, like a LW shepherd.

Posted by: Walked
Date: November 19, 2018 01:28AM

@changedagain-- check PM-- there's some sh*t in your inbox!!! :)

Date: April 23, 2023 06:10AM

A few posts from Nov.--Dec., 2018:

Posted by: NavyVet79
Date: November 14, 2018 09:42PM

Yeah, from the get-go it was a bit of a set up. Marilyn? I wonder if she even realized it or if she honestly believed that she was doing something noble? Kind of makes me wonder what these complicit "men of God" are expecting once they meet their real God? But as one of you all pointed out, they sold it & we bought it. I am just sorry we didn't have the awareness of the abusive shitstorm going on.
As for how he made people wobble and fall? I understand that JRS had an extensive library section on witchcraft ostensibly for being able to recognize it. Yeah, right. I have a bridge I would like to sell you too! C'mon, for Pete's sake. Hits, sending balls in the spirit, praying for someone to die, throwing off things. What in the hell are these if not witchcraft? Kinda looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck. . .

Posted by: changedagain
Date: November 15, 2018 08:44AM

NavyVet79 Wrote:
> I am just sorry
> we didn't have the awareness of the abusive
> shitstorm going on.

Hi NavyVet79,
That's a common regret in this forum. To the moderator's credit, he intervenes to make sure we don't become weighed down with self-criticism. Often those motivated to exploit others have more sophisticated tactics than those that become their prey. Like others here, I've gone through the list of what constitutes a cult, and every single one applies to TLWF. While I was immersed in it I was too busy attending services, working at the facilities and ministries' homes & running a small company to support my family with the hope of enabling my kids to attend & graduate from college (not ones sanctioned by TLWF, BTW), which they did. This workload served to cloud my awareness of what was really going on. I had dropped out of a reputable university my junior year to devote myself to bringing forth the Kingdom. I'm sure part of the inspiration for doing this was the realization that according to John's 'vision' in 1972, the Kingdom would be arriving in 1979. What's the point of obtaining a silly degree then? Time for the thousand prophets to get busy binding and loosing, and loosing and binding. I had to be one of them!
Yes, there were fun times in TLWF. But only because many of the people possessed a kindness and a basic decency not found in most of the leadership. While you're goofing around you're not having to worry about being stabbed in the back. Well, that happened once, but I prefer not to dwell on it ;)

p.s. in retrospect, I think "The Abusive Shitstorm" would have made an apt This Week title. I'm not sure what graphics would be used to illustrate the point of the message. That's not my forte.

Posted by: Walked
Date: December 26, 2018 07:01PM

I can't stop thinking about the collective THOUSANDS OF YEARS of people's lives that were stolen by deception. How much did we all forfeit for this masquerade? How many didn't take a certain job, go to school, move to a more desirable location, marry a love, have a child, maintain contact with family, or use their time for profit instead of giving it freely? On a basic level, I think about what I could've done with the thousands of hours I spent in services and traveling to them! How many are irreparably wounded by the revelation that their entire belief system was based on the lies and plagiarism of a narcissistic con artist and his conniving wife? It sickens me that beautiful hearts were used and disposed of. I also can't stop thinking about how widespread the truth of the con was. Did JRS "compose" his sermons and run them by Marilyn as they laughed about how real they sounded? Did Gary and Marilyn acknowledge to each other that they both knew they were con-artists, or was it an unspoken thing between them? How many of the higher-up shepherds were in on this? This part is driving me crazier than the deception itself. Did they laugh as they saw the tithes roll in and they purchased their next airline flight or home? Or did they silently watch the blind sheep give and bleed without even acknowledging to each other that they all knew it was an eternal lie? I'd give a lot to hear an off-the-record conversation between JRS and Marilyn, or Marilyn and Gary. I hope there is a God, and that the sin that the CTLW founder and his minions committed is the most unforgivable.

Posted by: katnmouse91265 ()
Date: April 24, 2023 02:53AM

I just watched the film by Macie Chadwick about her abuse in Grand Junction Colorado and I started shaking because I was there for awhile. I hope if she is here she will pm me because I often wondered why people were shipped shipped to GJ when they messed up in Shiloh. I need to know if my dad at any time was involved in any of this. He's not alive today to talk to and I miss him so much and have so many questions of him. And I can't ask. As far as I know I was never sexual abused, but the mental abuse is there. All my Dad ever talked about was the church. I feel like the church took my dad away from me. It's the stolen moments of having a dad that make me want to puke.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: April 24, 2023 06:12AM

Katnmouse91265,

I'm so glad that you mentioned the new YouTube video by @thewalkdoc.
[youtu.be]

I hope that everyone will watch. Powerful.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: April 24, 2023 06:16AM

Posted by: katnmouse91265 ()
Date: April 23, 2023 12:53PM

I just watched the film by Macie Chadwick about her abuse in Grand Junction Colorado and I started shaking because I was there for awhile. I hope if she is here she will pm me because I often wondered why people were shipped shipped to GJ when they messed up in Shiloh. I need to know if my dad at any time was involved in any of this. He's not alive today to talk to and I miss him so much and have so many questions of him. And I can't ask. As far as I know I was never sexual abused, but the mental abuse is there. All my Dad ever talked about was the church. I feel like the church took my dad away from me. It's the stolen moments of having a dad that make me want to puke.

My heart aches for you katnmouse91265. I messaged you.

Date: April 25, 2023 11:06PM

"I would watch people who couldn't even eat come to the service. And then I would watch Gary roll in with his Rolex and and somebody chauffeuring his ass. People were starving--just so they could pay their tithes on Sunday. That's crap."
-Frank
(paraphrased)

Reepicheep Wrote:
> I'm so glad that you mentioned the new YouTube
> video by @thewalkdoc.
> [youtu.be]
>
> I hope that everyone will watch. Powerful.

Date: April 25, 2023 11:20PM

Oops--here's the correct link:

[youtu.be]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.