Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 17, 2022 08:53AM

A post by the moderator from November of 2015:

Posted by: rrmoderator
Date: November 06, 2015 11:09PM

Southern-Boy :

You seem to be here essentially as an apologist and largely to cast doubt upon anyone posting critical comments here about The Walk and John Robert Stevens.

You say you "only met JRS a few times' so you have limited experience. And as you admit Marilyn is "only a name" to you.

You also seem to endorse dictatorial church government whey you say, "Many of the principles that JRS taught that are being dismissed as 'undemocratic' or similar may not be as far off the mark as some might suggest. Democracy has never been a hallmark of church governance, neither in the Old nor in the New Testament."

it's been 2,000 years since the ministry of Jesus and even longer since Old Testament times. Jesus said many would come in his name, but he would not know them. He warned about wolves in sheep's clothing. Galatians is instructional regarding the abuse of power by leaders.

Most churches today have become democratic in governance by an overwhelmingly majority recognizing the truth that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Typically a church has a democratically elected board, which is elected by secret ballot and serves fixed terms. Elected church boards can hire and fire pastors. Moreover churches are typically financially transparent, with independently audited financial statements and published budgets that disclose to all contributors how church funds are spent. This includes all salaries, compensation and expenses paid out from church funds.

Many churches belong to denominations that affords even more accountability. This may include educational requirement for pastors and teachers. Churches typically send delegates to denominational conventions or conferences and those delegates democratically elect denominational leaders and boards for fixed terms.

In my experience the more accountability and transparency that exists the less likely it is that there will be abuse. The most abusive churches seem to be the ones that have the least accountability for their leadership.

It is not "bitterness," but rather insight that causes people to post here as former members that were often hurt by JRS and The Walk. Attempting to somehow insinuate that they are to blame for their own victimization is wrong and in my opinion shameful. Your remark, "find forgiveness and move on" seems to say that people who post here are wrong, should be silent and stop.

I have no questions for you. Your statement is sufficient and I think people posting here can draw their own conclusions based upon what you have said.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 18, 2022 09:07PM

Discussion group stats:

Comments: 12,071

Page views: 3,001,272

Thank you to all who have contributed to this discussion through the years--

including, but not limited to:

UnapologeticallyJohn832, Reepicheep, puddington, kBOY, that little red flag,

sierradawn, reveal, larrybobo, GSchaeff, Onion, Filthy Apron, PowerTrip,

Saw enough, 4generation, TheSarge, Lilith, Jez the Belle, paleface, GoingRogue,

Invisible, FCSLC, Imapurple, typer, Cloudwatcher, Richard M., fromsouthchicago,

ApostleDog, The Jewel, TheycalledmeJonah, dbc, NancyB, Tmason, kbyrne,

Northerngate, Blowout, cultfree, Road to Damascus, Twoteetwo, fool me twice,

Chachakitty, Jan w lane, CARe, lone.wolf, FactoverFiction, JesusJesusJesus,

pressingonbyHisgrace, Some One, jhorning, Poliscigrad, NavyVet79, Walked,

dirtybrushes, 40yearsin2016, Prettyboy, FireWalker, light777, I_woke_up,

corboy, Liamthomasusa, Ohman?, Lifeontheotherside, Amos, South Gate,

Ditch_Digging_Yasper, Mined, denisewallerlaughlin, heshealing...

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: May 18, 2022 10:18PM

Great post, changedagain. Over three million views!

You forgot to mention yourself, so I will. First of all, 3,000+ posts on this forum alone. I think that it is safe to say that you have kept this forum going, sometimes in the face of vicious attacks from trolls. Isn't it weird how they all magically disappeared after Shalom posted her story on FB? Anyway, thank you for all your hard work and concern for this place to learn and heal.

Also, thank you to RR Moderator for chiming in with facts about cults and for providing this forum. It is most appreciated. <3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2022 10:20PM by Reepicheep.

Date: May 18, 2022 10:26PM

Thanks, Reep. I appreciate it. :)

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: May 24, 2022 01:42AM

The moderator wrote:

Democracy has never been a hallmark of church governance, neither in the Old nor in the New Testament."

-------------------------

I suspect it’s not a hallmark of “The Kingdom” that TLWF envisioned either. In my fears, TLWF’s “every knee will bow” agenda intended a worldwide “lord over” stripping away all freedoms such as ‘separate & equal station,’ individual choice, individual thinking, personal autonomy, individual passions.

Date: May 31, 2022 09:40PM

FCSLC wrote:

I suspect it’s not a hallmark of “The Kingdom” that TLWF envisioned either. In my fears, TLWF’s “every knee will bow” agenda intended a worldwide “lord over” stripping away all freedoms such as ‘separate & equal station,’ individual choice, individual thinking, personal autonomy, individual passions.

Very true, FCSLC. I distinctly remember JRS saying that The Walk was NOT a democracy. And I had never heard such an emphasis on submission, obedience, divine order, etc. in denominational churches. His logic was that "we" were submissive to the "Lordship of Jesus Christ". Meanwhile,old order Christians were submissive to an organization.. Which, in actuality meant that every knee would bow and every tongue confess that JRS was Lord. I have no doubt that there was a secret hope to expand that control. The whole thing was patently absurd. I say this after so many years of being deceived.

Good to see you posting, FCSLC.

Date: June 02, 2022 01:54AM

Good to hear from you, FCSLC :)

Date: June 02, 2022 02:04AM

Reep wrote:
Anyway, thank you for all your hard work and concern for this place to learn and heal.

Much appreciated, Reep.
BTW, one thing that has helped me the past 3-4 years is having a consistent meditation practice. The app I use the most is Waking Up, created by Sam Harris. Below is a link...which includes a free month to sample its offerings:

[wakingup.com]

Date: June 15, 2022 06:59AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

BTW, one thing that has helped me the past 3-4years is having a consistent meditation practice. The app I use the most is Waking Up, created by Sam Harris. Below is a link...which includes a free month to sample its offerings:

[wakingup.com]

Thanks for the tip, Changed. Personally, I kind of still "have my walls up" to learning how to relax. A terrible side effect of having been in a cult for forty years. ; )

Date: June 15, 2022 12:11PM

Reep wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Changed. Personally, I kind of still "have my walls up" to learning how to relax. A terrible side effect of having been in a cult for forty years. ; )

I bet it's not easy to relax when you've been labeled a Nephilim. So much wicked work to do, so little time. :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.