Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 18, 2022 10:59AM

Changedagain,

As you probably surmised, not once did any leaders stop to feed or care for Rick's horse.

Rick did briefly try to talk cult members into networking their backyards to allow him to drive through without having to drive in the street. God only knows what kind of a nightmare scenario that would have created.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 19, 2022 12:00AM

Reep wrote:
Rick did briefly try to talk cult members into networking their backyards to allow him to drive through without having to drive in the street. God only knows what kind of a nightmare scenario that would have created.

It's strange that all these highly perceptive "men of god" seemed to have no idea what Rick was up to most of the time. Perhaps "not listening to the Holy Spirit" was more widespread among church overseers than previously thought.

Date: April 01, 2022 10:55PM

In two weeks, it will be the 110th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. Here is a satire that I wrote and posted three years ago. The ending is strangely prophetic of what has actually happened with Gary and TLWF. There allegedly is no longer a TLWF, only Hargrave Ministries (previously known as Hargrave Family Ministries). Will these abusers never be held accountable?

So, in the TLWF analogy, who got away with all the accounts and who drowned?

Date: May 22, 2019 10:11AM

If TLWF Ran the Titanic

First of all, likening TLWF to the Titanic seems apropos right now because it is sinking fast. Because of that fact, I got to thinking about what it would have been like to sail on the Titanic with TLWF leaders making all the rules.

There would have to be a special dining room for the leaders (hereafter to be known as “Apostoic Fathering Ministry or APCO”), or it least a platform so that they could be above everyone else. The finest china, silverware and crystal would grace this area, while the rest of the passengers (hereafter to be know as “sheep") would use plastic and paper.

The sheep would pay the passage of APCO, and their own way as well. But Apostolic Fathering Ministry would be housed in the finest private rooms with their families, while the sheep would be packed in dorm rooms with strangers, otherwise known as “steerage”. Private bathrooms would be for Apostolic Fathering Ministry, while communal bathrooms would be for sheep. Sheep would clean the communal rooms and bathrooms. Special sheep would clean the private rooms and bathrooms. Chosen sheep would also serve at the tables, wash and iron the clothing and juice the juice of Apostolic Fathering Ministry.

Sheep would do all the work as well as attend services several times a day. If they became ill or injured from the harsh conditions, they would be made to feel terrible. They would be told that they had a bad spirit and were shirking their responsibilities.

When the ship crashed against an iceberg, the sheep would be told to gather for violent intercession. A scapegoat (hereafter known as a Nephilim) would be identified. The Nephilim would be prophesied against and ostracized. Eventually this evil person would be thrown overboard.

While all this was happening, the Apostolic Fathering Ministry would be hurriedly getting themselves, their families and big donors (known as lead sheep) into the few available lifeboats. If any sheep noticed or became concerned about this behavior, they would be thoroughly denounced and accused of position thinking.

As APCO sailed away in lifeboats with expensive wine to calm their nerves, the Titanic and the sheep would be sinking into the sea. I doubt that this would bother the Apostolic Fathering Ministry very much, since they only needed the sheep to pay their expenses and do all the work on the Titanic.

The above has been tongue-in-cheek and satirical in nature. And yet, if you think about it, it sounds eerily familiar.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2022 10:59PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: DahliaLost ()
Date: April 02, 2022 12:05PM

Yes. The memories come to me though... always. Mostly the house on Cohassette and what went on. Sue was pure evil and worshipped JRS and Jim, he was a puppet for JRS.
A not so bad of a memory was being placed with my twin at a collating machine. We collated for what seemed like for hours! I just know it was page after page we placed onto each of the booklets for the church.

So many memories that I hate.
They will never go away.

Date: April 04, 2022 04:50AM

DahliaLost wrote:

So many memories that I hate.
They will never go away.

Yes. So true. I hope that you heal from the bad memories, DahliaLost. I hope that we all do.

I remember that collating machine. It was much easier than walking around and around a table with Sister Schwinger. Lol.

Date: April 04, 2022 07:54AM

You know so many memories I have! :)
Lucky to have become friends. Thank you.

Date: April 04, 2022 10:59AM

Was there a tree house of sorts in the front and the kids from the church would be allowed to play at times?

Date: April 04, 2022 11:18AM

DahliaLost wrote:

Was there a tree house of sorts in the front and the kids from the church would be allowed to play at times?

Do you mean in front of the church and school buildings? There were two big trees. No treehouse in my memory, though. They did build a playground in the courtyard surrounding the back of the school. Maybe there was a treehouse at one of the nearby houses?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 05, 2022 11:36PM

Reep wrote:
I remember that collating machine. It was much easier than walking around and around a table with Sister Schwinger. Lol.

Sister Schwinger? That sounds like a name for an 80's hair band.

(disregard this comment)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2022 11:37PM by changedagain.

Posted by: typer ()
Date: April 06, 2022 01:42AM

Dahlia lost ... my wife and I remember you. My wife lived at Cohasset House when I was dating her in 1977. We both worked at FineLine at the time. She said Sue was not a good housekeeper, and my wife would clean house in the middle of the night when the Reling's were sleeping. You had a couple Saint Bernards as I recall. My wife remembers being there when Jim and Donna West were living there before the Relings and then Jim and Sue Reling. Sorry for the sorrows you have had to endure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.