Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 02, 2021 11:13PM

A few posts from September/October 2018:

Posted by: howmidoing
Date: September 22, 2018 12:47PM

Hi Everyone,

I have not been on for a long time, nearly a year. I needed to stop thinking about it. I also realized there is nothing I can do. And keep moving forward.

But I wanted to tell you and everyone here that something interesting is happening at CTLW.

My parents called me today to say that Gary Hargrave is wanting to changing things there. Apparently, there has been a revelation that there has been a lot of hurt and a lot of wrong things that have gone on. They want to have a 360 change (I think that's what they called it) and they are asking anyone that is willing to make contact either anonymously or openly and to let them know, either in email, letter or call, their story. What happened to you, why you left. They want to change and heal the past hurts to be able to move forward and not repeat the same mistakes.

Posted by: puddington
Date: October 10, 2019 11:56AM

Gary calling for a “360 change”. What horseshit! 360 degrees would put you exactly back on the course you were on before the change. I.e. no change at all.

Posted by: changedagain
Date: October 10, 2019 12:11PM

I didn't think of that, Puddington. You're right, a 360 change would bring you back to the starting point.

Posted by: changedagain
Date: October 10, 2019 12:19PM

Howmidoing wrote:
Apparently, there has been a revelation that there has been a lot of hurt and a lot of wrong things that have gone on.

In the year 2018, 34 years after assuming the "mantle," he receives a 'revelation' there's been a lot of hurt and wrong things that have gone on within the fellowship. So much for being a prophet of God. :)

Posted by: Onion
Date: October 10, 2019 05:38PM

I heard that the letters POURED in after Gary called for the people to give input for the 360 change. And Puddington is so right, cracked me up that Gary was calling his efforts pretty much a circle starting and stopping at the same point. So many thoughts about that. A circle jerk would be an apt name. Or in a milder tone, one more time around the mountain.

I learned a lot of information in the past few days about just how horrific the control wielded by Rick Holbrook and his mother, Marilyn Cleland-Holbrook-Stevens-Hargrave, and Gary Hargrave was. Their poor business practices, lack of good sense, and enormous, narcissistic egos, cost the people in the walk fellowship MULTI-millions of dollars. Add the money spent by these demigods, the work of the people they thought of as their property, their peasants, and it drills ever more profound levels of dismay than before. My God, who were these people?

I am not still ruminating about the past. I am receiving additional details from entirely reliable sources at least weekly. My thinking and direction are clear. I am almost done. But more work needs to be done concerning financial consequences, and I have help to get 'er done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 02, 2021 11:23PM

Stats:
Views: 2,689,470

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 03, 2021 02:06AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"ForgottenIA:

Thankfully some members have reached out and helped me see that there is much more than the face value of the term "cult", and that many former members are actually very incredible and hospitable individuals."

That's surprising? Oh my.

ForgottenIA, you seem to be operating under a glaringly wrong assumption. Cult members are not weirdos who make up bizarre sh*t. The people in the group seldom realize that they are in a cult at all. They have been gradually sucked into a group through love-bombing and other manipulations of the leader. And the leader does not tell you anything controversial until after you are completely enmeshed in the group. I would like to request that you research the nature of cults and cult leaders before you expect people to share their painful memories with you.

Here is a start:

[www.culteducation.com]

Date: December 03, 2021 03:32AM

Reep wrote:
I would like to request that you research the nature of cults and cult leaders before you expect people to share their painful memories with you.

Yes

ForgottenIA,
Perhaps a good starting point for you to find more people here "hospitable" to your request, is that you at least provide your full name along with a list of what you have published previously. Right now you're simply an unknown person requesting a lot of information, most of it that has already been answered in one form or another in the discussion that has taken place here since 2004. It's unreasonable to expect people who have had their trust violated repeatedly, with the ruinous consequences, to instinctively trust someone they don't know with all this info. You must know that. You don't write as someone oblivious to the basics of earning trust.
So...
1. Your full name
2. List of your previous published work
Oh...and
3. Anyone you know personally who has been a part of TLWF/Walk

Thanks.

BTW, even though for the most part we use pseudonyms in the forum, I know at least twenty of the regular posters in this forum. I revealed my name publicly when I posted on Factnet, and once or twice while posting in this forum. As a clue, let me just say that I am not a rapper from Houston.

Date: December 04, 2021 02:52AM

Changed,

I really appreciate how you have been curating and reposting important posts from varous individuals. Thank you.

Onion's letter to Gary is dynamite. After all the information that has come out, I'm a bit surprised (even though I shouldn't be) that Gary Hargrave is making these outrageous claims about himself: "One of the leading prophetic voices to our generation, Gary Hargrave ministers the life-changing truth of God’s Word through prophetic revelation and powerful Bible teaching drawing from our Jewish roots. He emphasizes the Lordship of Christ and inspires unity among believers." (Quote from HM website.)

If I had hurt people as severely as he has, I would go hide somewhere in shame and ignominy. But unfortunately, he is a malignant narcissist. He has no moral compass relating to people supposedly in his care. He has no shame for all the damaged and shattered lives in his wake.

Date: December 04, 2021 04:35AM

Reep wrote:
Changed,
I really appreciate how you have been curating and reposting important posts from varous individuals. Thank you.

Thanks!

After all the information that has come out, I'm a bit surprised (even though I shouldn't be) that Gary Hargrave is making these outrageous claims about himself: "One of the leading prophetic voices to our generation, Gary Hargrave ministers the life-changing truth of God’s Word through prophetic revelation and powerful Bible teaching drawing from our Jewish roots.

It's sad that the prophetic standards are apparently so low, that he can get all of his prophesies wrong and still be considered one of the leading "prophetic voices" to this generation. Well, at least in his own mind. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2021 04:36AM by changedagain.

Date: December 07, 2021 02:50AM

Changedagain wrote:

It's sad that the prophetic standards are apparently so low, that he can get all of his prophesies wrong and still be considered one of the leading "prophetic voices" to this generation. Well, at least in his own mind. :)

Agree. Also, his fixation on the "Jewish roots" of his followers is nothing more than cultural appropriation. Wonder if the folks at the AMI Jerusalem Center have figured this out yet?

Date: December 07, 2021 02:59AM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> Agree. Also, his fixation on the "Jewish roots" of
> his followers is nothing more than cultural
> appropriation. Wonder if the folks at the AMI
> Jerusalem Center have figured this out yet?

Good point, Reep.
As I mentioned before, according to ancestry.com and 23andme, I am one-quarter Ashkenazi Jew. I knew my grandma Sophie was hiding something from me! ;)

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 07, 2021 08:49PM

Hey, Reepicheep, that's fascinating!

Did the 23andMe report slip say 'Ashkenazi Jewish'? Or did it report by region such as Russian, Galician, German Jewish?

Surprises abound My first cousin did 23andMe. He already knew he was Askenazi. His report indicated some Berber/North African descent. If your report included something like that, it indicates you may have Sephardi ancestry as well.

Happy Hanukkah!

Date: December 07, 2021 11:45PM

corboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, Reepicheep, that's fascinating!
>
> Did the 23andMe report slip say 'Ashkenazi
> Jewish'? Or did it report by region such as
> Russian, Galician, German Jewish?
>
> Surprises abound My first cousin did 23andMe. He
> already knew he was Askenazi. His report indicated
> some Berber/North African descent. If your report
> included something like that, it indicates you may
> have Sephardi ancestry as well.
>
> Happy Hanukkah!

Hi Corboy! Good to see you! Well that particular item was from changedagain. I can't claim any Jewish heritage, unfortunately.

While we're on the subject, though, I'm not sure how much we've talked about something that is surely significant about TLWF, founder JRS, and late-comers G&M. Since the early days in 1951, JRS appropriated (actually misappropriated) many Jewish holy days, beginning with the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot). Later Passover and Pentecost were added. Much later, Purim was added. I have heard that most recently, Gary has decided to also celebrate Hanukkah. But don't even get me started on that. Sincere apologies to Jewish people everywhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2021 11:47PM by Reepicheep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.