Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 14, 2020 09:53PM

C H A N G E D

What an amazing contribution to the dialog, coming just one month before Shalom's disclosure.

There are too many issues to cover in detail, but what a damning indictment of a system that was corrupt to the core, and yet was able to sustain itself for seven decades because it was being run like a fascist state dressed in sheep's clothing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 15, 2020 11:30PM

Off-topic: posted by a South Dakota nurse yesterday on twitter, describing the nightmare that is her job right now. And yes, I can attest to the solace of a dog as a companion, helping one through miserable times.

Jodi Doering wrote:
I have a night off from the hospital. As I’m on my couch with my dog I can’t help but think of the Covid patients the last few days. The ones that stick out are those who still don’t believe the virus is real. The ones who scream at you for a magic medicine and that Joe Biden is going to ruin the USA. All while gasping for breath on 100% Vapotherm. They tell you there must be another reason they are sick. They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that “stuff” because they don’t have COViD because it’s not real. Yes. This really happens. And I can’t stop thinking about it. These people really think this isn’t going to happen to them. And then they stop yelling at you when they get intubated. It’s like a fucking horror movie that never ends. There’s no credits that roll. You just go back and do it all over again. Which is what I will do for the next three nights. But tonight. It’s me and Cliff and Oreo ice cream. And how ironic I have on my “home” Hoodie. The South Dakota I love seems far away right now.

Date: November 16, 2020 01:35AM

Twenty years later a woman from the Valley church got word to Gary and Marilyn that she had been with John on that December 12th in 1972.

Was she transported seven years into future too? Or was it just John?
Nevermind.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 16, 2020 03:03AM

C H A N G E D

Thank you for posting the "fucking horror movie" thread from Jodi above, which is not as far 'off-topic' as you surmise. It is just one more sad tale regarding the dangers that personality cults pose, be they religious, philosophical, or, unfortunately for our sake, political. The same cognitive dissonance afflicts them all.

I have friendships that span decades that have now been adversely affected by the destructive nature of someone deciding to exchange reality for fantasy. Jodi, unfortunately, has to face these psychological consequences along with Covid-19 as a frontline worker--like she needs more stress in her life.

I would also be hitting up 31 FLAVORS.

Posted by: fromsouthchicago ()
Date: November 19, 2020 04:23AM

I concur, this posting was "dead on" topic. (In fact this story brought me back to this forum after a long hiatus.)

Allow me to elaborate. The dying patients that the SD nurse (Jodi) who were denying that they had COVID-19 were demonstrating something far more extreme than "cognitive dissonance." Cognitive dissonance is a process by which someone attempts to cognitively manage opposing ideas that the person holds. For example, I'm dying of COVID-19 but I believe COVID-19 is a hoax. Or an often used example, "I'm a good person" and "I'm a murderer."

However, what Jodi is reporting that the patients sick from or dying from COVID-19 deny the reality of its existence even as they're dying from it. This is complete and utter denial of reality. It's clear that these people have taken on the expressed world view of Donald Trump. What Trump says, they believe.

So this strikes me as: what the cult leader says, followers believe to the exclusion of everything else. So in this case, there are no competing, incongruous ideas that somehow the person must struggle with. There's just one set of ideas, one world view and complete acceptance on the part of the followers. There is a complete cognitive and emotional attachment to the leader. There is no room for reason, for reality or for the wise words of others. I cannot overstate just how profound and complete attachment to the leader is. (Sound familiar?)

Allow me to add ... I don't want to be appear cruel and unfeeling. Having read much of what people have disclosed, I have a reasonably good idea what of the awful things that many of you have experienced at the hands of my cousin Marilyn (and other relatives of mine as well.) For that I am truly sorry.

What I wanted to point out is that the COVID-19 patients that Jodi described appear to have a mind set that goes well beyond cognitive dissonance. And this particular type of mind set that may well be something that many of you have an intimate understanding of.

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> C H A N G E D
>
>
> Thank you for posting the "fucking horror
> movie
" thread from Jodi above, which is
> not as far 'off-topic' as you surmise. It is just
> one more sad tale regarding the dangers that
> personality cults pose, be they religious,
> philosophical, or, unfortunately for our sake,
> political. The same cognitive dissonance afflicts
> them all.
>
> I have friendships that span decades that have now
> been adversely affected by the destructive nature
> of someone deciding to exchange reality for
> fantasy. Jodi, unfortunately, has to face
> these psychological consequences along with
> Covid-19 as a frontline worker--like she needs
> more stress in her life.
>
> I would also be hitting up 31 FLAVORS.

Date: November 19, 2020 04:25AM

I concur, this posting was "dead on" topic. (In fact this story brought me back to this forum after a long hiatus.)

Allow me to elaborate. The dying patients that the SD nurse (Jodi) who were denying that they had COVID-19 were demonstrating something far more extreme than "cognitive dissonance." Cognitive dissonance is a process by which someone attempts to cognitively manage opposing ideas that the person holds. For example, I'm dying of COVID-19 but I believe COVID-19 is a hoax. Or an often used example, "I'm a good person" and "I'm a murderer."

However, what Jodi is reporting that the patients sick from or dying from COVID-19 deny the reality of its existence even as they're dying from it. This is complete and utter denial of reality. It's clear that these people have taken on the expressed world view of Donald Trump. What Trump says, they believe.

So this strikes me as: what the cult leader says, followers believe to the exclusion of everything else. So in this case, there are no competing, incongruous ideas that somehow the person must struggle with. There's just one set of ideas, one world view and complete acceptance on the part of the followers. There is a complete cognitive and emotional attachment to the leader. There is no room for reason, for reality or for the wise words of others. I cannot overstate just how profound and complete attachment to the leader is. (Sound familiar?)

Allow me to add ... I don't want to be appear cruel and unfeeling. Having read much of what people have disclosed, I have a reasonably good idea what of the awful things that many of you have experienced at the hands of my cousin Marilyn (and other relatives of mine as well.) For that I am truly sorry.

What I wanted to point out is that the COVID-19 patients that Jodi described appear to have a mind set that goes well beyond cognitive dissonance. And this particular type of mind set that may well be something that many of you have an intimate understanding of.

"kBOY Wrote:
>
> Thank you for posting the ... Jodi, which is
> not as far 'off-topic' as you surmise. It is just
> one more sad tale regarding the dangers that
> personality cults pose, be they religious,
> philosophical, or, unfortunately for our sake,
> political. The same cognitive dissonance afflicts
> them all.
>

Date: November 20, 2020 01:02AM

Excellent post, fromsouthchicago. Thanks for weighing in.

I have a reasonably good idea what of the awful things that many of you have experienced at the hands of my cousin Marilyn (and other relatives of mine as well.) For that I am truly sorry.

Thank you for participating in this forum, and shedding light on various topics, including your cousin. I presume you never related to her as the Lamp of Israel. :)

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 20, 2020 02:21AM

fromsouthchicago Wrote:
Date: November 18, 2020 02:23PM

Welcome back, fromsouthchicago. I agree 100% with your very thoughtful post. I have remarked frequently during the Trump presidency (which is culminating with the Covid-19 pandemic) that I have begun to view my years in The Walk/TLWF as helpful in understanding the current political climate. If I hadn't been a victim of mind control, I would have absolutely no idea how seemingly intelligent people could believe some of the conspiracy theories on the internet. When you combine cult-like control, religious fervor, worship and deification of a leader and fear stoked by bizarre stories of "enemies", I already know what happens because I lived it. I don't know how you fix it on this nation-wide scale though. Do current TLWF members realize that they are in a cult? Will between one-third to one-half of voters believe they have been deluded? Doubtful to both questions, unfortunately.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 20, 2020 04:55AM

changedagain Wrote:
> Excellent post, fromsouthchicago. Thanks for
> weighing in.
>
> I have a reasonably good idea what of the awful
> things that many of you have experienced at the
> hands of my cousin Marilyn (and other relatives of
> mine as well.) For that I am truly sorry.

>
> Thank you for participating in this forum, and
> shedding light on various topics, including your
> cousin. I presume you never related to her as the
> Lamp of Israel. :)

Changed, fromsouthchicago probably didn't have to call his cousin Christ in the flesh either. Now that sounds about as ridiculous as the stories about the president saving babies, doesn't it? Trump doesn't seem to like dogs or kids and Marilyn didn't seem to like anyone. I don't think either sounds very much like Jesus.

Date: November 20, 2020 01:43PM

If you want to know the truth, I called Marilyn "evil" in the flesh. Along with variety of other choice descriptions.

I'm not sure I'll ever understand what it was that resulted her being so twisted and power hungry. And her off-spring, Rick, my first cousin once removed. What turned him into such a monster? Was it just because he's Marilyn's son or something more? Absolute power corrupts absolutely? Or is there something more to consider?

I'll probably never have a complete understanding, but I am attempting to get my head around what made them what they were and are.

Reepicheep Wrote:
> >I presume you never related to her as
> >the
> > Lamp of Israel. :)
>
> Changed, fromsouthchicago probably didn't have to
> call his cousin Christ in the flesh either. ...
> Trump doesn't seem to like dogs or kids and
> Marilyn didn't seem to like anyone. I don't think
> either sounds very much like Jesus.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.