> and not right to me, just reading this account is
> bringing up years of anger and what I thought was
> "rebellion" in me. Now I know that it was my gut
> feeling or instinct screaming to be heard. And all
> that time I thought it was my carnal mind showing
> enmity against God. I was battling the very thing
> that could have saved me.

Listen to your "lizard brain".

“We often don’t speak up because we don’t want to appear rude, or make the other person uncomfortable, or be seen as someone who causes trouble, or someone who has no ‘sense of humor’ or whatever lame societal excuses we use.”

~ The Safety Godmothers, Ellen Snortland & Lisa Gaeta

From a six year old kids book on safety, boundaries and confidence. That part of our brain where the instinct to survive resides is never wrong.

God is a human construct, the instinct to survive has stuck with us as we have evolved, that is science, not a popular fact among christians.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 25, 2020 01:20AM

Lilith wrote:
“We often don’t speak up because we don’t want to appear rude, or make the other person uncomfortable, or be seen as someone who causes trouble, or someone who has no ‘sense of humor’ or whatever lame societal excuses we use.”

The fear of rejection fostered through the years by John, Gary, Marilyn etc. has been a potent force to reckon with. People knew if they fell out of favor these leaders had a way of making sure you were shunned--and your so-called life could quickly become a living hell, since so many of your relationships only existed within the fellowship (by design). Good riddance to that. My encouragement is that if you have anything to say that you believe to be worthwhile--say it. I have had to work at that daily, due to the long-term conditioning of being in the cult. It's been more than worth it, though.
#BadSpirit

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 25, 2020 04:02AM

Lilith wrote:

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

The fear of rejection fostered through the years by John, Gary, Marilyn etc. has been a potent force to reckon with. People knew if they fell out of favor these leaders had a way of making sure you were shunned--and your so-called life could quickly become a living hell, since so many of your relationships only existed within the fellowship (by design). Good riddance to that. My encouragement is that if you have anything to say that you believe to be worthwhile--say it. I have had to work at that daily, due to the long-term conditioning of being in the cult. It's been more than worth it, though.
#BadSpirit

Speak up! Say it loud and proud.

#ChurchAbuse #NotAJezebel
#NotANephilimEither

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2020 04:07AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 25, 2020 04:57PM

* * * T R A M P  o f  I S R A E L * * *

We may have a POTUS who claims many things, but we need look no further than our own 'Lamp of Israel'--better known in some circles as the TRAMP of ISRAEL.

When we now survey the vast landscape of destruction that the 'Lamp' is either directly or indirectly responsible for, the outrage is directed towards a claim that is outrageous.  The reason we heard so little from the 'Lamp' all those years was because she never really had anything to say, or worse, would venture into babbling incoherency.  We were probably spared the worst of it.

If words could kill, actions were even worse.  The 'administration' of her LAMPdom was as destructive as any hierarchical, position-thinking, boot-licking, demeaning, exploitive, and guilt ridden environment could be.  A questionable resume for anyone claiming 'LAMPhood'.

In the end, it turns out, our 'Lamp' was merely a tramp.

Date: August 26, 2020 05:29AM

kBOY Wrote:
> * * * T R A M P  o f  I S R A E L * * *
>
>
> We may have a POTUS who claims many things,
> but we need look no further than our own 'Lamp
> of Israel'
--better known in some circles as
> the TRAMP of ISRAEL.
>
> When we now survey the vast landscape of
> destruction that the 'Lamp' is either
> directly or indirectly responsible for, the
> outrage is directed towards a claim that is
> outrageous.  The reason we heard so little from
> the 'Lamp' all those years was because she
> never really had anything to say, or worse, would
> venture into babbling incoherency.  We were
> probably spared the worst of it.
>
> If words could kill, actions were even worse.  The
> 'administration' of her LAMPdom was as
> destructive as any hierarchical,
> position-thinking, boot-licking, demeaning,
> exploitive, and guilt ridden environment could
> be.  A questionable resume for anyone claiming
> 'LAMPhood'.
>
> In the end, it turns out, our 'Lamp' was
> merely a tramp.

A tragedy for all of us, kBOY. It was very similar with JRS before Marilyn was installed as the queen of the Walk universe.

Date: August 26, 2020 10:27PM

Did they believe their own BS? Fair question.
From March of this year:

Date: March 12, 2020 02:23AM

changedagain Wrote:
> Not only (apparently) were the key leaders of TLWF
> getting busy (so to speak) as John lay dying, but
> later they made sure to blame the fellowship for
> not loving John enough, not praying for him
> enough...essentially being responsible for his
> death.
> Be the opposite of what you preach, and then
> accuse others of falling short in their
> dedication--a classic TLWF leadership response
> when the "word" is not fulfilled.

I wonder if the leaders were so narcissistic that they actually believed their own BS or if they purposefully gaslighted their faithful followers. I tend to lean toward the idea that they knew exactly what they were doing. : (

Date: August 26, 2020 10:43PM

Note: there was also a post about King David driving a golf cart which I haven't been able to locate. Perhaps that is a good thing :)

Date: August 26, 2020 11:48PM

kBOY wrote:P
The reason we heard so little from the 'Lamp' all those years was because she never really had anything to say, or worse, would venture into babbling incoherency.

I recall her ministering to one of Rick's ex-wives on the platform at a feast service in the valley. Yes, it was mostly gibberish. The only thing I distinctly recall is Marilyn telling this young woman she was a 'channel of Satan.' Not exactly a mood lifter for the ex.

Later in the week:
Congregant who missed the service: How's it going?
Ex: Aside from being told by Queen Esther I am a channel of Satan, O.K.

Date: August 27, 2020 12:24AM

On a side note...I wonder whether those who followed Gary down to Brazil years ago are still aligned with him, now that there (apparently) has been a falling out between him and Silas. Perhaps this "division" between the two is a facade, and they've agreed not to threaten each other's "ministry." Who knows. If you spent any time within TLWF, and had your eyes open (a rarity), you would know that seldom are things what they seem.

Posted by: fool me twice
Date: March 07, 2019 01:10PM

Yes John and Debbie Grill now reside in Brazil.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 27, 2020 01:48AM

C H A N G E D

Information from an American-born, Brazil-expat recently arrived in the states shared that there was some kind of 'payoff' to Silas that upset many of the locals. He has since respun himself into a new 'misery' in an upper middle class area of (I cannot remember where) Brazil.

As you surmised, the G-man and Silas probably had a 'gentlemen's agreement' to give each other space and go their separate ways with all the riches they could plunder. It's a great resume enhancer for a brand new 'misery'.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.