Page Views: 2,060,344
Right Spirits: 0

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 18, 2020 08:15AM

C H A N G E D

RE: Right Spirit

Calling BS on the same was something Jesus (Y'shua) did on occasion, especially when confronting the hypocrisy of the religious authorities of his day. This did not make him extremely popular, and was probably viewed as someone having a 'wrong spirit' with the wrong people, worthy of course, of the death penalty.

It is good that option was not available within TLW or there would have been crucifixions body-wide every time anyone seemed to confront the anomalies of the 'pure atmosphere'.

Just lookin' on the sunny side of life . . .

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 18, 2020 08:49AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Discussion group stats:
>
> Comments: 11,500
> Page Views: 2,060,344
> Right Spirits: 0

Especially in the leadership... ; )

Date: August 18, 2020 08:56AM

kBOY Wrote:
> C H A N G E D
>
> RE: Right Spirit
>
> Calling BS on the same was something
> Jesus (Y'shua) did on occasion, especially
> when confronting the hypocrisy of the religious
> authorities of his day. This did not make him
> extremely popular, and was probably viewed as
> someone having a 'wrong spirit' with the wrong
> people, worthy of course, of the death penalty.
>
> It is good that option was not available within
> TLW or there would have been crucifixions
> body-wide every time anyone seemed to confront the
> anomalies of the 'pure atmosphere'.

>
> Just lookin' on the sunny side of life . . .

No kidding, kBOY. There was that one time in the Valley that many large wooden crosses (about six feet high) were brought in during a service on Easter Sunday. First time Easter was celebrated in a service, I think. Luckily, G&M just wanted people to write down their sins and nail them to a cross. Close call, though! It could have gone either way. But wouldn't that activity have been more appropriate on Good Friday?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 18, 2020 09:04AM

G&M just wanted people to write down their sins and nail them to a cross.

Didn't someone collect all the sins and offer to sell them to the highest bidder?

Date: August 18, 2020 09:16AM

kBOY Wrote:

> It is good that option was not available within
> TLW or there would have been crucifixions
> body-wide every time anyone seemed to confront the
> anomalies of the 'pure atmosphere'.

Someone with carpentry skills could start a Kingdom business (Kingdom Crosses) and probably do quite well. If a certain percentage of the profits went to Marilyn, my guess is there would be more crucifixions. Completely coincidental, of course.
I'm not sure what a fair price would be to witness one of these events. $40 per person should cover refreshments, though.
/s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2020 09:21AM by changedagain.

Date: August 18, 2020 10:22AM

changedagain Wrote:
> G&M just wanted people to write down their sins
> and nail them to a cross.

>
> Didn't someone collect all the sins and offer to
> sell them to the highest bidder?

Yes. Rick and his buddies. They "joked" about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2020 10:23AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 18, 2020 03:32PM

R E E P :

"G&M just wanted people to write down their sins and nail them to a cross."

"Didn't someone collect all the sins and offer to sell them to the highest bidder?"

"Yes. Rick and his buddies. They "joked" about it."

This was obviously dangerous information in the wrong hands, which it apparently was. There was no one more IRRESPONSIBLE than G&M and RH to have this sensitive data to hold over the people.

What a violation and a travesty.

Date: August 18, 2020 10:23PM

There was that one time in the Valley that many large wooden crosses (about six feet high) were brought in during a service on Easter Sunday. First time Easter was celebrated in a service, I think. Luckily, G&M just wanted people to write down their sins and nail them to a cross.

If everyone participated in good faith, including leaders:
Announcement:
"O.K.---just letting everyone know there is no more room to post your sins on the crosses. Rick just posted his, and we're going to need to construct a few more. Also, the woman who wrote about making out with her boyfriend while her husband lay dying in another room never signed her name. No confessions without signatures!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2020 10:24PM by changedagain.

Date: August 18, 2020 11:17PM

From January of this year (excerpt):

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus
Date: January 03, 2019 07:17PM

Throughout the process of thinking through and putting down in black and white just how broken The Living Word Fellowship has been from the start, and the reality that I believed in it and gave everything to it for so long, has been very difficult. Even now as I am finishing the last touches and preparing to share it with others, I find myself wanting to just shut my computer and pretend it never existed. That I had never processed or admitted to having been part of a cult. That, in fact, I never had been. But, that’s not the truth, and Jesus says in John 8:32 that it is only the truth that will set us free.

The truth is that this makes me feel vulnerable. Embarrassed. Ashamed. It seems, once again, like I am free falling through all the stages of grief and the many emotions that we dealt with when we first left, only now I’m making that decidedly inelegant process public and putting it on display. After all these years, when I thought I’d finally shaken the feelings of being unworthy and have built a reputation as someone who is mature and credible in her faith, I’m risking it all to broadcast my prior gullibility and failings for everyone to see. That’s how writing and sharing this booklet feels - exposing. But, that’s ok, because I’m not alone. Chances are, you’re feeling naked, vulnerable, stripped, unworthy, not credible, pitied, or shameful as well. And, if you’re not now, you probably will be eventually. This is a hard place to be, but has its own strange nobility, which I’m choosing to embrace right now because I believe it serves a higher purpose.

You see, the reason that the Living Word Fellowship was able to burn through and abuse so many people for so long is that they didn’t let the light shine in. They isolated themselves - especially the leadership - in big facilities behind closed doors and kept other believers (except for a select few) at arm’s length, ostensibly for the protection and purity of the sheep, but mostly because it kept them from being exposed. The people in the Fellowship who saw the truth over the years and left usually did so quietly (like we did at first), not wanting to highlight the brokenness they walked away from because of what they thought it said about them that they’d even been part of it. But, brave people are starting to stand up, look beyond the risk to their own feelings and reputations, and share their stories to let their voices be heard. I want to be a part of that. That’s why I’m willing to feel exposed all over again with this booklet. If removing the secrecy and privacy of the healing process, which I’ve used to cover my shame, is what it takes to show that the emperor of TLWF has been naked all along, so be it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.