Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 10, 2020 01:08AM

The guy has an insatiable need to be praised, and I guess there are enough die-hards willing to provide this service for him, in the name of "Oneness."
Perverse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: August 10, 2020 07:33AM

Changed: Yes, Perverse. Twisted. Greedy. Narcissistic. Doomed to repeat actions of the past over and over again. No anointing. All applicable to the name Gary Hargrave.

Posted by: Lilith ()
Date: August 11, 2020 08:33PM

It's a new day so that means another new lawsuit and a brand new church for Hargrave. Now the former or perhaps current leadership, we have no way of truly knowing, will being to appear in other discussion fora or perhaps this very forum feigning repentance in search of those that remain loyal. Like all criminals they are not sorry, they are sorry that they got caught. That power is like a drug, they are addicts. And like all criminals the recidivism rate is quite high. The subtle grooming will commence. Tread carefully there are snakes in the grass.

Date: August 11, 2020 10:22PM

An astute assessment, Lilith. Thank you.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: August 12, 2020 12:32AM

Good point Lilith. The timing of all of this is very interesting.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 12, 2020 01:06AM

Lilith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a new day so that means another new lawsuit
> and a brand new church for Hargrave. Now the
> former or perhaps current leadership, we have no
> way of truly knowing, will being to appear in
> other discussion fora or perhaps this very forum
> feigning repentance in search of those that remain
> loyal. Like all criminals they are not sorry, they
> are sorry that they got caught. That power is like
> a drug, they are addicts. And like all criminals
> the recidivism rate is quite high. The subtle
> grooming will commence. Tread carefully there are
> snakes in the grass.

Yes, Lilith. That is always a concern. We have certainly seen posers on these forums in the past. Fool me once...

Date: August 12, 2020 01:10AM

A couple posts by Lilith from November of 2018 (below).
Disclosure: I was a part of the "wackadoodle intercession" back in the day (late 70's). I think I was a little more restrained than many of the other prayer warriors, though. I can't recall ever prophesying "God, We Got You By The B*lls!"--or anything of that nature.

Posted by: Lilith
Date: November 01, 2018 03:25PM

All of this has happened before and will happen again and again. Will they ever learn? Probably not. Already they are softening and the walk talk is ramping up.
(on the FB posts)

Posted by: Lilith
Date: November 10, 2018 06:33AM

Oh NEO, please, you are completely discounting mind control and brainwashing. In the 70’s you had a huge influx of young impressionable people looking for something, wanting to part of something bigger than themselves, looking for meaning. They were conditioned to do the will of whatever by getting whipped up (I refer to the wackadoodle intercession), exhausting service schedules and the need for external validation. Stop victim blaming. There were dozens of techniques that were used by those in power to get and keep that control a few being turning your back on your “non walk” family, nuggets of recognition and my personal favorite the service starts at 8 and the rock star shows up 2 to 3 hours later, that’s a great one, at that point people will believe anything especially if they have been screaming, moaning and babbling for hours. I won’t even go into the suppression of education and independent thinking. I could name on one hand people that could resist that and you don’t want to meet any of them in a dark alley. It’s brain wiring and early childhood conditioning that allows them to resist. Some of us were raised to question everything in a time when children were seen and not heard and to do as they were told, that was rare at that time. If you are here telling everyone that they did it to themselves then you are either still in it or one of the perpetrators. And yes, you state the correct scripture but if you tell the same lie over and over doubling down and fear monger along the way you can convince people of anything by preying on their fears, even the preferred political views fed into it, fear everything “other”. The living word was like Lucy with the football, you were accepted but it could be snatched away at any minute.

Date: August 13, 2020 09:22PM

It's a new day so that means another new lawsuit and a brand new church for Hargrave.

If Gary is able to unite the Catholics, Protestants and Jews under his authority...I mean, under the authority of Jesus Christ...that would be truly impressive. Perhaps the lawsuit should be dropped because of the importance of his global ministry.
/s

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: August 15, 2020 04:52AM

Just my opinion but also my hope - the lawsuits should be amended to name Gary as a perpetrator becaue his knowing, willful and reckless disregard for the harm to congregants at the hands of Rick Holbrook and others, is much, much more than mere negligence. It was constant and ongoing and is evidenced by the huge amount of support that was given to Rick Holbrook, including Rick's free access to finances of the churches for his ego-whims-follies. Also evidenced by Rick's appointment to the Boards of Directors and commissioned oversight in L.A. especially regarding the schools where Rick had the authority to decide the amount of wages paid to teachers, etc.

It isn't possible for Gary Hargrave to claim mere negligence or "not knowing."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2020 04:57AM by Onion.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 15, 2020 05:53AM

O N I O N :

Lest we forget that both G&M were complicit in orchestrating three major Rick Disney coverups/mop-ups/damage controls that occurred during multiple affairs/marriages--I lost count.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.