Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 07, 2020 11:52PM

Onion wrote:
Gary and Marilyn Hargrave had the financial resources and the numbers in people to build many faceted deceptive pictures of themselves and to maintain those deceptions for 30+ years.

It's clear Gary continues to be obsessed with appearing to be a VIP end-time ministry, reflected in the latest web site. Knowing that his ambition will never be fulfilled, at least the way he wants to be, must be an energy sapper. I would think being rich on the backs of a 'voluntary' servant class would provide enough satisfaction for a greedy person like him. But like many, I tend to underestimate his all-encompassing ambition. Enough is never enough.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: August 08, 2020 03:25AM

KBOY Would you make a copy of the Amended Bylaws from 1992 available like you just did the complaint? There was a copy of those from Grace Chapel of Honolulu that was provided on one of the Facebook groups, I believe.

The step that Gary Hargrave and Marilyn took in amending ALL of the churches' bylaws (and articles) was one (IMO) of the most diabolical actions they took (the absolute worst was their enabling and protecting Rick Holbrook). They had already lied about JRS commissioning Gary to take over upon JRS' death (the lie included JRS asking Gary Hargrave to take care of Marilyn) so apparently creating documents that ensured them absolute and total control over every little thing to do with any and all of the TLWF churches was a logical next step.

The concept of an "Apostolic Fathering Ministry" was designed so that one or more individuals could not only exercise total control but pass on that control upon their death. Again, this is my opinion.

All of these changes and the invention of the concept were done in 1992. I was in law school getting ready to graduate and taking the Bar. I was sworn in as an attorney in a church service in the Valley in September of 1993. The amended articles of incorporation are not lengthy documents and are public record with the Secretary of State. The Bylaws are not public record but some copies from the various churches shared those Bylaws with the TLWF refugees/escapees in 2018 and that was my first time reading the whole document. Diabolical is an understatement.

Gary Hargrave and Marilyn both asked at different times (confidentially) if there was a way they could leave the churches to Marilyn's children in a will or trust. Of course not. No one owns a nonprofit.

But they could leave the designation of the Apostolic Fathering Ministry to anyone they chose. Can you imagine?

They were already giving Rick Holbrook control by making him untouchable, keeping his secrets, and enabling his abuses. IMO.

Just think, as bad as it was, in time it would have become much worse.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 08, 2020 03:38AM

O N I O N

I cannot seem to locate the documents you are requesting under 'FILES' on the three FB pages I follow; FURTHER DISCUSSION, UNLEASHED, and SURVIVOR STORIES.

Point me in the right direction if I am missing anything.

(Your PM box is full.)

Date: August 08, 2020 07:39AM

For all the adoration Marilyn wished to have heaped upon herself, as well as wanting to be called 'mother', she comported herself more like a tramp than a 'lamp'.

JRS, for his part, knew full well what he was getting himself into by the time they got married, after having carried on their affair for almost a decade.  This was especially true, given the fact that she required control of at least half of all assets before the official deed was done.

The G-man was obviously hip to a lot of these developments as the end drew near, and saw the perfect narcissist to partner up with.  After all the words during the 70's regarding the 'Jezebel spirit'--and our violent identification with Jehu who swung the sword--little did we know that Jezebel was running the whole operation, along with her predatory offspring. 

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 08, 2020 09:26AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For all the adoration Marilyn wished to
> have heaped upon herself, as well as wanting to be
> called 'mother', she comported herself more like a
> tramp than a 'lamp'.
>
> JRS, for his part, knew full well what he
> was getting himself into by the time they got
> married, after having carried on their affair for
> almost a decade.  This was especially true, given
> the fact that she required control of at least
> half of all assets before the official deed was
> done.
>
> The G-man was obviously hip to a lot of
> these developments as the end drew near, and saw
> the perfect narcissist to partner up with.  After
> all the words during the 70's regarding the
> 'Jezebel spirit'--and our violent identification
> with Jehu who swung the sword--little did we know
> that Jezebel was running the whole operation,
> along with her predatory offspring. 

Sometimes I wonder if all the sheep beating and words on Jezebels, Nephilim and such was a ploy to keep us so busy worrying what JRS and later G&M and Rick thought of us that we wouldn't notice the heinous crimes that they were committing. Sickos!

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: August 08, 2020 01:11PM

I was just thinking tonight of the various "trends" that Gary Hargrave and Marilyn jumped into and then stuffed down the throats of all the people at every church.

If they hadn't kept us so busy we had no time to think with all their hullabaloo that had NOTHING to do with a Living Word, what would they have done? Clever of them to do as other cult leaders do by keeping their slaves so busy we didn't hav e time to stop and analyze what they were feeding us and say, "WTF?"

Covey Principles (they learned at the lovely Sundance Lodge owned by Robert Redford)

McDougal diet

Dr. Shultz health food and cleansing fasts etc.

Deepak Chopra

The guy with all the glitter

Israel

I know I am missing some. And, yes, a few of those pursuits led to good things and lasting relationships (that Gary Hargrave is now trying to take over and run under his new Worldwide ministry)... But seriously. Think about it. Whatever anointing they might have had for a period of time had dwindled. Rick Holbrook was working over time trying to kill the Holy Spirit wherever he could find it (IMO) by setting up worship on a script etc. We could make a list of what Rick did that cut off spiritual flow in everything he touched.

How much earlier would this movement have imploded if Gary Hargrave had relied just on his own ministry and ability to bring "a word?" How is he going to keep people interested and listening without the level of control he had at TLWF?

Mind Boggling. We need those things added to the walk lingo dictionary - perhaps under the chapter prelude to an implosion - the grasping effort to stay interesting.

Date: August 08, 2020 09:30PM

O N I O N

Don't forget:

-- Country & Western phase (early 90's with line dancing)
-- Rollerblading (at least in SD)
-- LOGOS Bible software
-- Booth-building Tabernacles
-- 'GlitterMan' Bill Hart
-- Mahesh Chavda
-- So many more just to keep OUR eye off the ball . . .

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 08, 2020 09:47PM

Bill Hart was glittery too? He wasn't when he was part of the Valley church. Mahesh sure was, though. Trickery and chicanery.

Date: August 09, 2020 12:02AM

The TRAMP OF ISRAEL's own admission of being a 'woman who is anti-woman' fits perfectly into the Jezebel paradigm, eliminating all of the female competition for her throne.

This was followed up later with the directive to 'kill the male spirit', thus solidifying her position as the sole 'lord & savior' of the fellowship, all the while decimating its ranks by pilfering the blood, sweat, tears, and $$$ of the lowly servant class.

This was carefully crafted around the avoidance of certain scriptures like 'wolves in sheep's clothing' and 'call no wo/man your mother/father'.

The Wizard of Oz had nothing on JRS and G&M when it came to the disparity between public and private image and behaviors.

Caveat emptor to those who are still pledging allegiance to the legacy of the TRAMP and her co-conspirator, the G-man.

Date: August 09, 2020 02:36AM

FREEDOM within TheWalk/TLW was a slowly eroding experience, as subservience to 'overlords' was increased over the years until there was little to no room for personal initiative, and a 'boil the frog slowly' compliance was implemented upon those who would tolerate it.

If one believes that 'the TRUTH will set us FREE', then we were mired so deep in illusion that we had convinced ourselves that we were both the 'truth & free', not realizing that we had been herded into an isolated world that had the makings of a prison.

Those who realized they still held the key to their own release, opened the cell door and began the long walk back to reclaiming their FREEDOM.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.